63 posts
  • 7 / 7
 by 69RamFan
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   3236  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

actionjack wrote:I agree with you, but it will be interesting to see what Bowers does. The issue for Bowers is he plays for the ray duhs.

Well, his numbers won't be explosive,

since they have a number 2QB throwing the ball, Minshew.

by Dare
2 days 19 hours ago
 Total posts:   128  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Practice Squad

It sounds like Snead wanted to move up for Byron Murphy. That would have made Jackson their edge.

I love the Jackson pick and he's a legitimate edge talent. But now it worked out as Verse and Fiske as opposed to Murphy and Jackson. Frankly I'd rather have Verse and Fiske.

The Rams already have Turner inside. They needed a dominant edge more than another DT. Fiske and Verse gives them far more versatility and IMO represent a greater threat when you factor in Turner and Young.

I'm more than happy with the way it turned out. Murphy can be a game changer inside much like Donald was. That said, so can Turner. Kobie has PROVEN he must be accounted for on that DL. The hole was at edge and they have filled it with Verse who could have as much impact on the Ram D as Miller had. Now add in Fiske and they have another talent who can provide as much impact inside as Greg Gaines, who was perhaps the most underrated DL player on the Rams. Much is made of Donald's 3rd down stop in the Super Bowl but it was made possible by Gaines who made the initial hit.

When I see Verse and Fiske I see two young players who can have the same impact on the game as Miller and Gaines had in 2021. So IMO I'd rather have Verse and Fiske than Murphy and Jackson. Murphy is now a Seahawk so it will be interesting to see how he fares against the big, stout Ram IOL.

by snackdaddy
1 day 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   9712  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

For what it cost to move up for Murphy I doubt we'd be picking in the second round. To me, Verse/Fiske is a better option than Murphy and whatever edge rusher they would pick later.

When it comes to rookies I temper my enthusiasm. It takes some longer than others to adjust to NFL level of play. I was not impressed with Byron Young in the preseason and first few games. But by the end of the season he exceeded my expectations. Verse is probably more talented. But again, he's a rookie. We'll see how it goes when the season comes around.

• 7 / 7
63 posts Jun 26 2024