82 posts
  • 7 / 9
 by AvengerRam
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Neil039 wrote:After I read your post all I could think about was the song Hooked on a Feeling. Lol..sorry

Or...maybe "More than a Feeling"?

"I see my Gurley-man, walking away-aaaaaaaaaaaay!"

by AvengerRam
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I also think that people who, on the one hand, complain about the Rams' performance in 2019 and, on the other, express dismay at the FA losses, are a bit reminiscent of the Woody Allen joke from Annie Hall about the two old ladies at a resort who have this exchange:

"The food here is terrible!"

"Yeah... and such small portions!"

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12315  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I also think that people who, on the one hand, complain about the Rams' performance in 2019 and, on the other, express dismay at the FA losses, are a bit reminiscent of the Woody Allen joke from Annie Hall about the two old ladies at a resort who have this exchange:

"The food here is terrible!"

"Yeah... and such small portions!"

Yeah.
"The offensive line sucked. Whitworth and Blythe are free agents. We better get Whitworth back"

'WHITWORTH RE-SIGNS WITH RAMS!!'

"Wow! So the O line sucked and all they did was sign a 39 year old, surgically repaired LT?"

:D

"The defense was absolutely terrible at times. And Phillips couldn't match up with those young minds on offense around the league"

'WADE PHILLIPS GONE'
'FOWLER, LITTLETON, BROCKERS SIGN ELSEWHERE: WEDDLE RETIRES: RAMS CUT MATTHEWS AND WON'T TENDER ROBEY-COLEMAN'

"Geesh!!!! Glad they got rid of Phillips but we lost Fowler, Littleton, Brockers, Weddle, Matthews and Robey-Coleman and all we did was sign Leonard Floyd, a first round bust in Chicago and A'Shawn Robinson?? Why didn't we try to resign Littleton or Fowler."

:D

You know, I remember the recent past when we'd go 4-12 or 6-10 and fans would think with some good free agents and a solid draft class we'd be in the thick of things. Now one 9-7 season and we're miles away with no chance of reverting back to form!! It just goes to show you, it's always something!!!

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Besides reminding PA that mimicry is the highest form of flattery....
I would also remind him that we both agreed we needed Whitworth back and signed for 2020.....IE. no other decent priced LT blindside protectors affordable for us.
Also....I have not lamented any Ram FA gonzo guys....not Brockers, nor Fowler, nor NRC, etc..........although, I would like to see Morgan Cheap&Effective Fox back in Horns for 2020. :idea2:
AND....I have lauded the signings of both Leonardo Di Floyd and A'Shawn Robinson.

I can take a joke as well as the next guy....
but I resent people trying to put words in my mouth.......like last month when some Eastern USA guy was trying to say I was dissing McVay! :idea2:

Stuff like that is not welcomed....and in fact gets rebuffed by me. FYI. :idea2:

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Also....I have not lamented any Ram FA gonzo guys....not Brockers, nor Fowler, nor NRC, etc..........although, I would like to see Morgan Cheap&Effective Fox back in Horns for 2020. :idea2:

I can take a joke as well as the next guy....
but I resent people trying to put words in my mouth..

Who said you did? Who put words in your mouth? The only negative thing I've heard from you since free agency started was "a 39 year old surgically repaired LT" when describing Whitworth, which, to me sounded a tad negative. Whether you wanted the signing or not. Don't resent my post, it wasn't quoting anyone in particular.....or I would have credited them. It was a brief culmination of what I've been reading from 'the critics'.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

SO....
It was a brief apex of what you've been reading from the critics?
OR...
It was a brief zenith of what you've been reading from the critics?
OR...
It was a brief high-water-mark of what you've been reading from the critics?

Yo, perfessor….maybe, it was a brief summation, eh? :idea2:

In any case, I guess I will accept you at your word about "not quoting anyone in particular."

Here's a direct quote from me, prompted by another one of your posts where you indirectly quote folks:

"It's not the "3.8 YPC" season average that defines a NFL OL's prowess. No, no... it's that only two shitball teams out of 31 other total NFL teams, the 2019 Jets & Fins, had a worse mark than that 3.7 YPC (Rams actual 2019 number BTW)….
and that's the key performance indicator, IE. only 2 teams outa 31 competitors were worse!" :idea2:

by safer
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1282  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Canuck, THIS will be the year that all of this washes out, either way, right?
I confess to being the eternal optimist...........and have the scars to prove it ;)
The article about us falling apart was probably written by some dumbshit who never wore a jock.
Our Rams are still a much improved team from just 4 years ago, and hopefully, a MUCH hungrier team than what we saw last year. IF they don't play inspired football this year, that will be on McVay and crew. I was very happy when we got Ol Wade, but most DC's are emotional, high strung guys, as opposed to a mild mannered, cool guy. I hope our new DC has them eating fire and glass before games.

by river
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   111  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Dick84 wrote:Floyd and Robinson will be key. I think fit could be a big plus here. Staley knows exactly what he's expecting from Floyd and how he fits.. and I think a fucking mauler inside like Robinson is a better fit than Brock at the 5. I'm ASSUMING Robinson takes most of his snaps next to Donald and that SJD or a draft pick take most snaps at the 5.
They have a draft to get more talent in and we don't know what kind of late veteran surprises or in-season trades could be made.

Yes, yes, yes, ... but please no SJD at 5T, he'll be little improvement over Brockers in that capacity. Cut Tanzel Smart, rotate SJD behind Donald as a 3T, rotate Gaines behind Robinson at NT. Draft the best 5T available with our 2'nd round pick.
jmo.

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:SO....
It was a brief apex of what you've been reading from the critics?
OR...
It was a brief zenith of what you've been reading from the critics?
OR...
It was a brief high-water-mark of what you've been reading from the critics?

Yo, perfessor….maybe, it was a brief summation, eh? :idea2:

In any case, I guess I will accept you at your word about "not quoting anyone in particular."

Here's a direct quote from me, prompted by another one of your posts where you indirectly quote folks:

"It's not the "3.8 YPC" season average that defines a NFL OL's prowess. No, no... it's that only two shitball teams out of 31 other total NFL teams, the 2019 Jets & Fins, had a worse mark than that 3.7 YPC (Rams actual 2019 number BTW)….
and that's the key performance indicator, IE. only 2 teams outa 31 competitors were worse!" :idea2:

Well thanks for the English lesson. So glad you're not from Quebec....I would have been more embarrassed. But three quarters of a post on that? I recognize that quote but I've been telling you (since you first mentioned that "just 2 teams" stuff) that you are juuust a a little bit off on your facts. Get out the calculator (the one in English ;) ) and check average yards per carry for the Bears (3.69), Steelers (3.66) and Tampa (3.71). They were all below the Rams (3.73).

Soooo......if you're gonna spout that it's not the 3.7 but the fact there were "only two teams worse", check your facts better. Because you're wrong, whether you use Canadian math, American math or new math. :arrow2: There were 5 teams below the Rams. Not great but more accurate than your often used "quote".

It sounds good when you repeat it....."just two teams were worse, just two teams were worse"....but that don't make it true. :idea2: Your pet peeve is you always use stats to support your argument. :D I guess sometimes they just need to be stretched a bit. ;)

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Splitting hairs now eh, PA? :P

NUMBERS
ESPN rounds off to the nearest tenth of a yard.....so they have us tied with Pittsburgh, TB and da Bears......at 3.7 YPC. Look it up!
Then the Jets and Fins at NFL worst 3.5 YPC.

So, my calculator shows 0.1 of a yard as 3.6 inches.
….and the difference between TB 3.71 YPC vs. Rams 3.73 YPC is 0.02 of a yard (ie. 1/50th of a yard).....or about 7/10ths of an inch.

Wow.....that's a smoking gun right there sportsfans!!! :lol2:

FANTASY
But hey, let's not talk non-quotes, nor "mulligans" or culminations, eh.....
instead, let's talk Fairy Tales.

This Fairy Tale is about how the 2019 Ram OL "improved" the last half of the season when the Yutes played with Whit and Blythe. Back a month ago, in the thread about Whitworth's line on Cowherd's Show about the "Rams 2019 Problems Boiled Down to Boom and Allen not playing to Saffold &Sully Levels"......yeah, a month ago, in that thread, I listed the Rams rushing record the last 8 individual 2019 games, when we went 4-4 with 5 of the 8 games versus non-playoff teams.
Guess what?

The Rams rushing totals for those 8 games was 202 carries for 721 total rushing yards.....or 3.57 YPC......which is less than the 3.73 YPC for the whole of 2019, which you quoted above.
Holey moley…..the Rams rushing YPC actually dropped during the 8 games of Yutes OL improvement!!! :shock2:

…..but how can that be???
They were "improving"!!! Right??? :?
I mean.....we went 4-4 the last 8 games, so that's an improvement, no? Damm….we went 5-3 the FIRST 8 GAMES! :o
…..AND THEN....but wait.....in our rushing the last 8 games....
damm, oh no.....we also dipped in YPC in the last 8 games "of improvement" to 3.57:?
Sheesh....what an enigma!!! :lol2:

THE BACK DOOR
Hopefully, you will read the above and realize that you have a way out....
just blame it all (ie. the lacklustre late season rushing stats) on Gurley's bum knee!!! :lol2: It's okay.....he's gone now. :P

RAMS 2020 DRAFT
BTW, I am still urging Los Ramos to draft OL early and often next month! :idea2:

• 7 / 9
82 posts Jun 26 2024