88 posts
  • 7 / 9
 by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Exactly ^^^ Iger stepped in it by making that point publicly clear. One owner (ESK) should dig his heels in and get his team of lawyers on the phone.

by Pancake
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   54  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

This whole thing is turning me away from this league completely. If the Rams don't move I don't know if I have any reason to care about NFL football anymore. Even if they do move it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

If I'm SK, and this doesn't go my way I'm taking the NFL straight to court. They are gonna get caught with their pants down big time on this one if it goes that far.

by Stranger
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Elvis wrote:An NFL Civil War with the future of the Rams on the line.

These are certainly interesting times...

ESK will kick their butts. I'm not the least bit concerned.

I wonder how big Walmart's annual NFL-budget is? There's lots of ways to put pressure on these "opposing" owners.

by Stranger
8 years 6 months ago
Superstar

Pancake wrote:This whole thing is turning me away from this league completely. If the Rams don't move I don't know if I have any reason to care about NFL football anymore. Even if they do move it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Well, you may also want to read this for some backstory on the inner workings behind the shield...

http://www.amazon.com/Interference-Organized-Influences-Professional-Football/dp/068808303X

by max
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:
Pancake wrote:This whole thing is turning me away from this league completely. If the Rams don't move I don't know if I have any reason to care about NFL football anymore. Even if they do move it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Well, you may also want to read this for some backstory on the inner workings behind the shield...

http://www.amazon.com/Interference-Organized-Influences-Professional-Football/dp/068808303X

That looks very interesting, S.

Have you read it?

by laram
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   444  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

My bad guys on the stupid re-post I did.

Please forgive this poor soul. :?

by Stranger
8 years 6 months ago
Superstar

max wrote:
Stranger wrote:

That looks very interesting, S.

Have you read it?

I read it when it first came out - I think in late 80's. I still have my copy. I was pretty surprised at the time by the level of corruption described. If you only believe half of it, I think you'd be surprised. Now that I'm 25yrs older, none of what's in the book surprises me. It's worth the read, but you won't see the NFL the same way afterwards.

Here's the author on video...

by max
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

After 50 years of watching the NFL, I have become much more skeptical about things being on the level.

I have a very hard time not believing they fix almost everything to line their pockets as much as possible and tell the public a BS story that the media sells for them.

I'm just thankful that we played a team like the Titans in the SB and not the Giants or Steelers.

Come to think of it, I can understand why the Pats cheated. They needed some way to get an edge to counteract the NFL favoring its legacy teams.

• 7 / 9
88 posts Jul 03 2024