61 posts
  • 6 / 7
 by dieterbrock
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:
Elvis wrote:Fisher wants a QB that doesn't turn the ball over a lot. The Rams don't turn the ball over a lot.

My guess is Fisher is a lot closer to having what he wants on offense than most of us fans are...

But will what-Fisher-wants consitently win in today's NFL?

Well he hasnt exactly won consistantly in his HC career so there's that

by Elvis
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:
Stranger wrote:
Elvis wrote:Fisher wants a QB that doesn't turn the ball over a lot. The Rams don't turn the ball over a lot.

My guess is Fisher is a lot closer to having what he wants on offense than most of us fans are...

But will what-Fisher-wants consitently win in today's NFL?

Well he hasnt exactly won consistantly in his HC career so there's that

Exactly.

Win consistently? He hasn't had a winning season in his last 5.

Still, good chance we'll be 5-4 after Sunday and i'm not ready to right this one off just yet...

by snackdaddy
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9719  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Fisher is who he is. He wants a stout defense with a power run game. Thats what we have. Does it win in today's NFL? Well, we're at .500 which is pretty close to his whole career. I guess you could say that answers the question.

by Stranger
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:Fisher is who he is. He wants a stout defense with a power run game. Thats what we have. Does it win in today's NFL? Well, we're at .500 which is pretty close to his whole career. I guess you could say that answers the question.

Okay, so then the next question to answer is... who here is satisfied with .500?

by snackdaddy
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   9719  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:
snackdaddy wrote:Fisher is who he is. He wants a stout defense with a power run game. Thats what we have. Does it win in today's NFL? Well, we're at .500 which is pretty close to his whole career. I guess you could say that answers the question.

Okay, so then the next question to answer is... who here is satisfied with .500?

Its a lot better than before he arrived. But at some point you want more than that. I don't think any fan is ok with mediocrity for the whole lifespan of a coach. Just good enough to keep a job but never good enough to get to the dance.

by Stranger
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

we're at the pt where mediocrity meets wanting more. what do we do?

by dieterbrock
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Except we dont have a power run game.
I keep seeing that written over and over and it just isnt true.
We run basically a zone blocking system which is kind of the opposite.
Plays in to the weakness of our team. The o-line inexperience combined with a technical blocking scheme is just a recipe for disaster

by moklerman
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:

Except we dont have a power run game.
I keep seeing that written over and over and it just isnt true.
We run basically a zone blocking system which is kind of the opposite.
Plays in to the weakness of our team. The o-line inexperience combined with a technical blocking scheme is just a recipe for disaster
Gurley's making the rushing numbers misleading. Everyone see's the 125+ per game or whatever and assumes the Rams have a power running game. But the Rams aren't really imposing their will in that regard. Gurley has struggled quite a bit to gain yardage but then he busts a long one and the box score looks like a strong run game at the end of the day.

That helps explain why the supposedly good running game hasn't help open up the passing game I guess.

by Hacksaw
8 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Foles benched for play. Bradford benched for injury. So far these guys are staying right in step.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/16/philad ... -two-games

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford will likely miss two games with a concussion and separated shoulder, reports NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport.

Bradford sustained the injury’s during Sunday’s 20–19 loss to the Miami Dolphins. Bradford left the game after taking his fourth sack.

Mark Sanchez, who replaced Bradford on Sunday, will be the interim starter.

Bradford is completing 63.9% of his passes with 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season, his first with the Eagles. The former No. 1 pick is in the last year of his rookie contract.

Bradford has played in 16 games in a season only twice in his six-year career. He missed all of last season with a torn ACL, and missed nine games in 2013 with the same injury.

• 6 / 7
61 posts Jul 03 2024