66 posts
  • 6 / 7
 by ramsman34
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I see them extending him 1 year and upping the guaranteed & the first 2 with “if your here, you get the $ for the last 2 seasons. Or at least the last one, like 69 said.

by Dare
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   128  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Practice Squad

Kroenke is a businessman and I'm sure he will take a business approach. Stafford has been hurt every year since he arrived. Why do people talk like Stafford will holdout? Holdout for what? Stafford is under contract. This year Matt is going to be paid $49.5M with all of it fully guaranteed. So he has no reason to hold out this year. The media is obviously brain dead.

Next year Stafford is still under contract. If Stafford plays under his current contract he will be paid $50.5M with $23.5M guaranteed. Kroenke will see how healthy Matt is at the end of this season before he commits to converting more of 2025's salary to guaranteed money. By insisting more money be guaranteed in 2025, Stafford is betting against himself. In essence Stafford is saying he isn't confident in finishing 2025 healthy. IMO Kroenke would be foolish to take that bet.

Kroenke should simply tell him if he wants the $50.5M for 2025 then earn it by playing the year out. This is nothing but a shameless shakedown and the media is jumping on this sham. My respect for Stafford has taken a hit. He's a great talent but this is BS and the media is complicit. If Stafford plays most of the season but ends the season on the sideline in 2025 Kroenke could still elect to pay him the full contract amount. The Rams have full filled Stafford's dream of being a SB winner. This is how he repays them? If Stafford retires at the end of this year he will still be paid an additional $37M.

Stan needs to play hardball with him and say if he wants more money then play out the 2 remaining years of his contract earning him about $100M.

by snackdaddy
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   9712  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

This was first mentioned a month and a half ago. So far the only ones keeping the discussion going are fans on message boards. Its not really that big of an issue. Rams will give Stafford what he wants. They know it. He knows it. Its a non issue.

by Elvis
1 week 4 days ago
 Total posts:   38903  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BrooklynRam74 wrote:https://x.com/MobSquad_app/status/18015 ... gy-DA&s=19

Head's up: If you change "x.com" to "twitter.com" in the link, it will embed here...

by Dare
6 days 15 hours ago
 Total posts:   128  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Practice Squad

All this is great but ignores the elephant in the room. The sticking point will be his injury guarantees. The Rams can not ignore his age and the fact that he's never played through an entire season uninjured. The most worrisome injury is his tendonitis in this throwing arm. There is no question it affects his accuracy.

The Rams went to great lengths to make sure they weren't in Cap Hell and now people want to dive right into it. All I'm doing is playing devil's advocate and looking at it from purely a business viewpoint as Kroenke IMO will do. The correct business decision would be to make no decision at all until next February. Then simply adjust his current deal for more gurarantees for 2025 if Stafford is healthy. I see a year to year approach and it is the correct thing to do with an injury prone aging QB.

There is no way Matt holds out with all the guaranteed money for this year. This ruckus is much ado about nothing. This stuff is for next February not now. As I said Stafford is betting against himself not playing through each season. For Kroenke that is a bad bet. Why do you think they have Jimmy G? He saw as did McVay, how they almost missed the playoffs when Stafford was out just for one game. The margin of error is too close. I simply don't think Stan will be willing to take a fool's bet which it would be right now.

by actionjack
6 days 9 hours ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Dare wrote:All this is great but ignores the elephant in the room. The sticking point will be his injury guarantees. The Rams can not ignore his age and the fact that he's never played through an entire season uninjured. The most worrisome injury is his tendonitis in this throwing arm. There is no question it affects his accuracy.

The Rams went to great lengths to make sure they weren't in Cap Hell and now people want to dive right into it. All I'm doing is playing devil's advocate and looking at it from purely a business viewpoint as Kroenke IMO will do. The correct business decision would be to make no decision at all until next February. Then simply adjust his current deal for more gurarantees for 2025 if Stafford is healthy. I see a year to year approach and it is the correct thing to do with an injury prone aging QB.

There is no way Matt holds out with all the guaranteed money for this year. This ruckus is much ado about nothing. This stuff is for next February not now. As I said Stafford is betting against himself not playing through each season. For Kroenke that is a bad bet. Why do you think they have Jimmy G? He saw as did McVay, how they almost missed the playoffs when Stafford was out just for one game. The margin of error is too close. I simply don't think Stan will be willing to take a fool's bet which it would be right now.

How many games did Stafford miss last year?? 1.5 games. The dude put together prolly his best season ever, his stats were good 24/11 TD/Int with nearly 4k yards, but that didnt really show how truly effective he was all season. Without Stafford this is a 4-5 win team.
We can hope that Jimmy could sub for a game or two, but depending on that glass joe is not winning football.

Add the fact how much the Rams have invested in the o-line and run game, clearly the Rams want to protect their commodity as long as he wants to play. He will be signed for big money to get him whole for at least the next 3 years. It is a no brainer. We are very fortunate to have one of the best QB's in the NFL, enjoy this time, it aint going to last forever.

by PARAM
5 days 10 hours ago
 Total posts:   12315  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:How many games did Stafford miss last year?? 1.5 games. The dude put together prolly his best season ever, his stats were good 24/11 TD/Int with nearly 4k yards, but that didnt really show how truly effective he was all season. Without Stafford this is a 4-5 win team.
We can hope that Jimmy could sub for a game or two, but depending on that glass joe is not winning football.

Add the fact how much the Rams have invested in the o-line and run game, clearly the Rams want to protect their commodity as long as he wants to play. He will be signed for big money to get him whole for at least the next 3 years. It is a no brainer. We are very fortunate to have one of the best QB's in the NFL, enjoy this time, it aint going to last forever.

If the Rams were wary of his health they would have traded up to draft a QB this year. Injury prone? Outside of his first two years, he's hardly missed any significant time. Why? Because he's a tough s.o.b. who plays hurt. The QBs or other players who don't play hurt are injury prone. Because EVERYBODY in the NFL gets dinged as the season unfolds. It's just a question of whether they can play with pain.

by BobCarl
5 days 6 hours ago
 Total posts:   4329  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:I see them extending him 1 year and upping the guaranteed & the first 2 with “if your here, you get the $ for the last 2 seasons. Or at least the last one, like 69 said.
is there a how as much a roster bonus can be?

• 6 / 7
66 posts Jun 25 2024