166 posts
  • 6 / 17
 by ramsman34
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8684  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Agree on the OL. In fact, the rams need to fortify the OL, edge and corner if they expect to be competitive next year. I truly believe they have to win the next 3 to even consider hope for the playoffs. If they don’t, then they really can’t afford to win more than 5 games to stay in the top 10 of the draft. Sure they can always trade up. But then they lose picks they need to keep fortifying. If they go QB, I would expect a much longer rebuild than we are already in.

This ain’t a remodel, Les.

by actionjack
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4089  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Agree on the OL. In fact, the rams need to fortify the OL, edge and corner if they expect to be competitive next year. I truly believe they have to win the next 3 to even consider hope for the playoffs. If they don’t, then they really can’t afford to win more than 5 games to stay in the top 10 of the draft. Sure they can always trade up. But then they lose picks they need to keep fortifying. If they go QB, I would expect a much longer rebuild than we are already in.

I mean this is a QB heavy draft and we will have tons of cap space. Get the QB in the first, find a edge and OL in the second and 3rd round, get the rest via free agency.

This is opp for the Rams get a QB for the future, I dont see one draft pick dooming their rebuild.

by ramman2999
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Guys guys I love the left tackle. I don’t want to reach for one. Though. The left tackle from Penn State is going number 2 to Arizona or Number 3 to New York. The Giants have horrible Tackle issues and invested 44 million per season in Daniel Jones. That’s an ownership move. Evan Neal is gone.

Arizona is gonna build around Kyler Murray Marvin Harrison Jr. will go there.

We’ve Kicked Quarterback for awhile now.

Looking at the next couple drafts. Shaquior next season we won’t be top 10 next season.

The next big draft will be in 3 seasons Malachi Flynn and Arch Manning. You have to get your guy this draft.

Pennix Daniels Nix. This is the draft to do it.

Daniels is from the same area as Cj Stroud. Some had him ranked higher than Cj Stroud coming out of high school. He has great Quarterback intangibles.

He’s established and would benefit from sitting two seasons behind Stafford which fits Staffords timeline. And him to learn the offense.

After the 49ers come back it’s wide open. With no sure fire Franchise Quarterbacks in this division with Purdy Smith and Murray we got a shot.

There will be great tackles in the 2nd and 3rd round.

As for schedule we will beat Arizona and New York the Giants. But I don’t see us winning any other games. Puts us at 5 wins. We ain’t scoring against that Cleveland Defense and Myles Garrett will get to Stafford.

by azramsfan93
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1495  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

The Rams will play every game to win it. They will not tank. What happens, happens.

If they win enough to drop out of the top 10, then good for them. When you play to fail players get hurt, morale gets crushed, coaches get fired.

No one is tanking. Get over it.

ramsman34 wrote:Agree on the OL. In fact, the rams need to fortify the OL, edge and corner if they expect to be competitive next year. I truly believe they have to win the next 3 to even consider hope for the playoffs. If they don’t, then they really can’t afford to win more than 5 games to stay in the top 10 of the draft. Sure they can always trade up. But then they lose picks they need to keep fortifying. If they go QB, I would expect a much longer rebuild than we are already in.

by ramsman34
7 months 3 weeks ago

I guess a lot will depend on free agency. If the QB is there or they can get him….well you never pass on a stud QB as the saying goes. We just have to upgrade the OL or the QB won’t matter as he won’t be able to operate.

And we must address pressure and coverage on defense.

We will soon see what they do.

For now, win as much as you can.

by BrooklynRam74
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   237  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

The Rams themselves, players and Coaches, are not tanking. Besides that, we STILL have a chance to make the Playoffs as we stand 2 losses behind the current 7 seed Minnesota.

From a fan's "rooting" standpoint, here is where I currently stand. The Seattle game this Sunday is absolutely our make or break game of the 2023 Season IMO. If we win and get to 4-6 I believe Playoffs is not out of the question, especially since we would hold the tie-breaker over Seattle. However, if we lose and go to 3-7, I think our chances are cooked, and I myself personally will shift into "root for highest draft pick" mode the rest of the way. In my view, it's okay to root for your team to lose for the "greater good." We've been there many times in our History. I've spent MANY a second half of Ram Seasons rooting for losses for better Draft pick. 1982 comes to mind which netted us Eric Dickerson. Along with most of the 90's and the late oughts. There are at least 5 legitimate possible franchise Quarterbacks in this coming draft. If the wheels are indeed coming off Stafford, and I'm not necessarily saying they are, we need to get one.

by rams74
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1502  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

BrooklynRam74 wrote:In my view, it's okay to root for your team to lose for the "greater good."

It's ok for you. I'm not the fan police, telling anybody how to be a fan.

But as for me, I won't be rooting for the Rams to lose for any of the remaining games this season, under any circumstances. Doesn't work for me. I'll be cheering for the Rams to win.

I've seen too many drafts go sideways to believe that there's much value (for me) in rooting for higher draft position rather than a Rams' win.

If Snead does his job right, he can win the draft from whatever position we pick, and I'll be rooting for that come next April.

by PARAM
7 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I could never root for a loss. But I could be much less upset with a loss or two at the end of the season, if we jump above a few teams in the upcoming draft because of it. Having said that, I could never think, "geez, we're 3 and 6. I hope we end up 4-12 so we can get a higher draft pick". 7 weeks of horror and then 11 weeks of waiting to see if that horror could be turned into happiness? Then another 4 months to see if it translates onto the field? No thanks. These guys have found Kupp in the 2nd, JJ in the 3rd, Gaines in the 4th, Fuller in the 6th, Jones in the 3rd, Kyren in the 5th and now Puka in the 5th. They don't need to lose to find good players. I do think the haul would have been even better had they made a 1st round pick in those 7 drafts. And they have one next year. So we could go 7-0 the rest of the way and they're going to get a stud in the first next year. I can feel it in my bones!! (The stud, not the 7-0 :D )

by ramsman34
7 months 2 weeks ago

Updated to include MNF

STANDINGS

Philly 9-1
Detroit 8-2
SF 7-3
NO 5-5

WC - Dallas 7-3
WC - Seattle 6-4
WC - Minn 6-5

8. GB 4-6
9. Rams 4-6
10. Atlanta 4-6
11. Tampa 4-6
12. Wash 4-7
13. Chi 3-8
14. NY 3-8

DRAFT WATCH

1. Carolina (Bears)
2. Arizona
3. New England
4. Chicago
5. NY Giants
6. Tennessee
7. Washington
8. Atlanta
9. Green Bay
10. Tampa Bay
11. NY Jets
12. LA Chargers
13. LA Rams
14. Denver
15. Las Vegas

Still very much alive in the playoff hunt. 1.5 games back of Minny. Well, that’s what our record says. Today’s “performance” was not inspiring. But a W is a W. On to AZ.

by PARAM
7 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Thanks for that.

ramsman34 wrote:Today’s “performance” was not inspiring. But a W is a W. On to AZ.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Trailing the entire game. Young D played inspiring. Young O came through. Not only did they have to beat the Seahawks, they had to overcome a slanted, flag happy officiating crew AND their own head coach! I heard his explanation about needing the 7 points more than eating the clock but that's bullshit IMHO. It's a mistake he's repeated many times by not staying committed to the run.

1-10-SEA 47 (5:41) R.Freeman up the middle to SEA 38 for 9 yards (J.Brooks; Q.Diggs).
2-1-SEA 38 (5:06) R.Freeman up the middle to SEA 29 for 9 yards (J.Love). R18
1-10-SEA 29 (4:23) D.Henderson right end to SEA 32 for -3 yards (B.Wagner, D.Jones).
Timeout #1 by LA at 03:36.
2-13-SEA 32 (3:36) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short middle to P.Nacua to SEA 21 for 11 yards (Q.Diggs; B.Wagner).
3-2-SEA 21 (2:55) R.Freeman up the middle to SEA 18 for 3 yards (B.Wagner). R19
Seattle Seahawks vs Los Angeles Rams at SoFi Stadium
1-10-SEA 18 (2:10) R.Freeman up the middle to SEA 14 for 4 yards (J.Brooks).
Two-Minute Warning
2-6-SEA 14 (2:00) P.Nacua right end to SEA 7 for 7 yards (Q.Diggs). R20
Timeout #1 by SEA at 01:52.
1-7-SEA 7 (1:52) R.Freeman left tackle to SEA 7 for no gain (L.Williams).
Timeout #2 by SEA at 01:47.
2-7-SEA 7 (1:47) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass incomplete short left to P.Nacua (T.Woolen).
Timeout #2 by LA at 01:42.
3-7-SEA 7 (1:42) (Shotgun) M.Stafford pass short left to D.Henderson to SEA 4 for 3 yards (Ja.Reed, L.Williams).
Timeout #3 by SEA at 01:34.
4-4-SEA 4 (1:34) L.Havrisik 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-A.Ward, Holder-E.Evans

Had we ran the ball instead of passing on 2nd and goal, even if it gained 0, Seattle would have called their 3rd time out with 1:42 left and we were only on third down. Run it again and we're kicking the FG with under a minute left....at worse....perhaps we're into the end zone on two runs. It was his mistake that made the game an ugly win on a missed GW FG. We come out in empty on 2nd and 7, no hint of a run? Hell even if we pass with a RB behind Stafford it would have been better than empty.....at least as far as stressing the defense and making them defend both the run and pass. Yeah, that's water under the bridge. We won. Period. But it was a lot uglier because of the play calling.

• 6 / 17
166 posts Jul 08 2024