70 posts
  • 6 / 7
 by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Yes, by all means....great point about STs! :!2:

Troy Reeder is our new 2020 ST Captain....
….a la Chase Reynolds, who was Jeff Fisher's ST Captain! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

I love it when subliminal advertising works. ;)

by /zn/
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6803  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Rozeboom sounds interesting. ILB, a UDFA.
from https://www.downtownrams.com/single-pos ... s-defense/

LB Christian Rozeboom – South Dakota State

Rozeboom led the Jacks in tackles all four years at South Dakota State. He was a four-time All-MVFC First Team selection and three-time All-American. He’s the Jackrabbits’ all-time leader in tackles and according to Pro Football Focus his 90.9 Rush Defense Grade ranked sixth, 88.3 Overall Grade ranked eighth, and his 55.2 Passer Rating When Targeted ranked 11th.

Rozeboom played in the FCS, but consistently made plays all over the field. He registered double figures in tackles six times in 2019, starting with 11-tackle performance in season opener at Big-10 Minnesota. The Rams need help at linebacker and Rozeboom landed in the perfect spot to compete.
from https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/04 ... e-options/

South Dakota State LB Christian Rozeboom

Rozeboom is an intriguing linebacker prospect. He’s listed at 6-2 and 228 pounds. He led the Jackrabbits in tackles for four consecutive seasons. Apart from his production, he was a team leader and captain at South Dakota State. He ha really good instincts in zone coverage.
from https://ramblinfan.com/2020/05/04/case- ... -rozeboom/

Rozeboom is another impressive linebacker who did not hear his name called during the 2020 NFL Draft. But that’s not uncommon for South Dakota State University football players. Standing 6-foot-2 and weighing in at 230-pounds, he was a one-man wrecking ball on defense. In four seasons, he racked up 475 tackles, 29 tackles for losses, and best of all, eight interceptions. The LA Rams need interior linebackers who can defend both the run and pass, and Rozeboom certainly can prove he has the background to do both. His highlight video shows flashes of incredible speed and great tackling.

==

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2195  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Yes, by all means....great point about STs! :!2:

Troy Reeder is our new 2020 ST Captain....
….a la Chase Reynolds, who was Jeff Fisher's ST Captain! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

I love it when subliminal advertising works. ;)

I actually think Reeder has a bigger role than ST's. He has NFL game experience as a starter.

I think he sees quality snaps on defense as well as special teams. The kid stepped up several levels in competition last year as a UDFA.

I think he deserves more credit than a "subliminal pat on the back". 😎

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 3 weeks ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Well, not that they are the Gold Standard of NFL Talent Evaluation, BUT.....

PFF, per aeneas1's post earlier in this thread, had Troy Reeder ranked 88th out of 89 NFL LBs in 2019. :shock2:

Plus all the draftnik publications were talking about how "the Rams had to firm up their 2020 Inside Linebacking situation"......so that kind of points to Reeder's potential demotion from his 2019 starting role, no?

I like Reeder's grit, so that's why I am his Campaign Manager to get him elected as Rams 2020 ST Captain. :D

Mind you......Joe Noteboom was also rated by the same PFF staffers as...
the 2019 Second Worst OG in the NFL,
and a lot of the RFU faithful have Noteboom penciled in as Andrew Whitworth's LT replacement in 2021...
...so who really knows, eh???!!! :?

by safer
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1280  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Canuck, you and I see Noteboom differently, and time will tell. To me, he is much more athletic than strong, and that plays against his strengths as an OG. I like his feet , but inside he doesn't have the space to give as much ground as an athletic LT can.
We shall see, but God knows I'd rather be wrong and have our team come out ahead, if a guy like Edwards proves me wrong. GO RAMS!!

by sloramfan
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i don't know guys... so help me out cuz, i wanna keep the best guys....

i'm not so sure about the JR move... for what it's worth, i think maybe we have some pretty good cover guys already...

i may be contradicting some earlier posts i may have made on this subject.. but JR is gonna be expensive... i hope he's worth it, and i hope for a dish of crow, but i have some reservations...

a shutdown corner is expensive... he cost a bunch before his inevitable big payday...

go rams

slo

by /zn/
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6803  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:a shutdown corner is expensive... he cost a bunch before his inevitable big payday...

Well anything can happen of course. But in terms of planning a defense, it's a plus to have 2 of the league's few top defenders. You can continually build around that. One joke about AD is that while some players have a big effect on Sundays, AD has a big effect on the Mondays before games. Well that's 2 guys now. I like that advantage and I can't think of the last time the Rams had something like that to build around on defense.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 2 weeks ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

To zn's point about having 2 formidable building blocks upon which to build a Rams D.....
and how far back we'd have to look to identify them.....

Yeah....Actually going back nearly 20 years to our SBXXXVI Team:
I would submit the 2001 Rams tandem of
2001 All Pro Selection CB Aeneas Williams and
Leonard Little (not an All Pro Selection, but pretty damn fine DE).

The Rams SBXXXIV Team featured ProBowlers
DE Kevin Carter w/ 17 sacks that year and CB Todd Lyght with his 6 picks.

Los Ramos 1989 Team made it to the NFL Final Four losing in SF in the NFCCG, and that squad boasted building blocks of:
Kevin Greene with 16.5 sacks and Jerry Gray with 6 picks in '89.

The Rams Team that lost to the 1985 Bears in the NFCCG had two defenders make the ProBowl.....
RILB Jim Collins and LCB Gary Green (6 picks).

The 1979 Rams SB XIV Team had FOUR defenders :shock2: get All Pro honors:
DE Jack Youngblood
DT Larry Brooks
MLB Jack Reynolds
OLB Jim Youngblood
ME: I am surprised Nolan Cromwell wasn't named AllPro in 1979. :?

Chuck Knox's 1976 powerhouse Rams had 4 AllPro guys:
LDE Jack Youngblood
LDT Larry Brooks
ROLB Isaiah Butch Robertson
CB Monte Jackson....WITH 10 PICKS IN 1976 :shock2:

George Allen's 11-3 Rams Team in 1969 boasted All Pros:
LDE David Deacon Jones
LDT Merlin Olsen
FS Eddie Meador
....and 2nd Team Honors went to ROLB Maxie Baughn

So zn was right...
...IE. you gotta go back a heckuva long time to have the type of Rams D building blocks that McSnead have today in Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

source: pro-football-reference.com

by Rampager
4 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   32  
United States of America   Alaska
Undrafted Free Agent

Excited? More like worried.

Ramsey and Donald are the only for sure's. Johnson and Rapp are pretty close.

They brought back used up Brockers, have no IBs with any worth, and their edge rushers all had less than 5 sacks last season.

I think I'll hold out before I get "excited".

• 6 / 7
70 posts Jun 17 2024