88 posts
  • 6 / 9
 by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Thanks for you reply. It is what I thought.
Sure seems like a conflict. ESK had to know about all this though. He's no dummy.

by max
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Why wouldn't Kroenke use GS as well? He's probably not going to use his own money for everything. He's gonna finance a lot of it.

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago

max wrote:Why wouldn't Kroenke use GS as well? He's probably not going to use his own money for everything. He's gonna finance a lot of it.

I heard he is backed by Chase.

by Hacksaw
8 years 6 months ago

http://thebeast980.com/2015/12/10/nfl2l ... -st-louis/

Sen Schaff spells out the MO legislatures position on Fred's show. .

Sorry if already posted.

by max
8 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:
max wrote:Why wouldn't Kroenke use GS as well? He's probably not going to use his own money for everything. He's gonna finance a lot of it.

Nice. So am I.

by SoCalRam78
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:

They all use banks but Spanos/Davis will be leveraged to the hilt.

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

OldSchool wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:
OldSchool wrote:Richardson and the LA committee members that are backing Spanos all have major ties and financial interests in Goldman-Sachs. With GS standing to make money on Carson and St. Louis you begin t realize why Richardson is such a staunch Carson guy. He's a bought and sold politician basically.

OldSchool, for the less savvy of us, what does "major ties and financial interests in Goldman-Sachs" really mean? Are they investors in the company? Does their stock value go up since both are using GS to fund their deals in Carson and StLoo? Is their money pooled in investment vehicles which would fund these stadiums for a fat profit? ?

It will vary by individual. But they all have stock in the company. Some have worked with/for them in different capacities. Some have relatives working with them. Some are planning new stadiums for themselves soon and will be given better deals if they help out GS by getting them these two stadium deals. Mostly when GS makes money it helps their wallets also.

Now this is starting to make some sense. Never had anything to do with being "buddies" with Spanos or whats best for the NFL. It's the least favorable location, and combination of teams along with ease of transition for the NFL business model. GS, corruption and personal gain finally rears its ugly head. Insider trading running rampant on the committee.

by max
8 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

I'm starting to wonder if Kroenke threatens lawsuit to move.

The fix is in with the LA Committee. Richardson setup Carson, putting Spanos and Davis together, then added Iger.

Clearly, there is a battle among owners.

by Stranger
8 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

So we're getting a little lesson in how politics, money and the media all work together. If it's this bad for football, can you imagine what it's like when it comes to really big prizes, like Oil.

• 6 / 9
88 posts Jul 05 2024