428 posts
  • 6 / 43
 by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

ramsfan1977 wrote:We all should hope that the first 10 years in Inglewood will be as good as 1980-89 in Anaheim. IMO
But that wasn't the argument. No one said they didn't have ANY good years in Anaheim. But any fan who kept their season tickets from '90-'94 certainly knows the definition of "lean".

by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:So getting the ball on their own 47 is an easy possession? The 50? If you don't expect your defense to hold them there, I don't know what to say. Plus the 1 INT was on 4th down and cost 7 yards of field position.
Defense was a much bigger issue than Goff. Put the Rams in a hole 7-0, then when pinned deep they still took the ball all the way in to Rams field, flipping field position.
Rams cut the lead to 7, they cant even hold them to 3.
The defense flat out sucked
Dieter, is there anyone saying that they didn't? Or that Goff was more of a problem than the defense? I haven't read all the different game reaction threads so I don't know. But I haven't seen anyone saying anything like that in this thread.

by rams74
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1502  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Defense saved Goff last week, couldn’t this.

Didn't even try.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

rams74 wrote:Didn't even try.

Weddle played his ass off. IMO

by rams74
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1502  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Sure they did.
Kept Bucs out of end zone and gave Goff ball with plenty of time to tie the game.

If you’re a “good” QB, you live for that.

The defense sucked. Goff sucked, too. And yet, as poorly as Goff played, he led the offense to 34 offensive points scored, proving that they can still put up points, and do it quickly.

The defense had nothing similar on which to hang their hat.

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Dieter, is there anyone saying that they didn't? Or that Goff was more of a problem than the defense? I haven't read all the different game reaction threads so I don't know. But I haven't seen anyone saying anything like that in this thread.

Well, you quoted part of a conversation so you leaving out the context of my opinion.

moklerman wrote:Yeah, unless it was changed, the title of this thread is "Goff is A problem", not "the problem" so I'm not sure where that argument is coming from..

Correct, but again, its context. The thread title wasn't saying he was a problem in yesterday's game either, but that's where the thread lead.

Goff was surely part of the problem yesterday, but he also was a major reason they stayed in the game, kept coming back. Not sure why that gets left out, as he did end up completing a ton of passes for a yardage game that ranks in the top 8 of all time.

The defense however kept putting the Rams back in the hole

by ramsfan1977
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

by LARams_1963
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

ramsfan1977 wrote:
Yup... easy just to focus on the picks, which were costly. But hell... 68 frikken pass attempts!!!!!!!! And they pretty much know your passing every down especially one once down 14-0

by BobCarl
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4331  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:That Big Problem is our OLine!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2: ....

Memo To Snead: Trade for a tough veteran smashmouth OG ASAP!!!

I agree about the OLine issue .... where is Incognito when you need him?

• 6 / 43
428 posts Jul 08 2024