475 posts
  • 45 / 48
 by /zn/
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6807  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Benjamin Allbright@AllbrightNFL
It IS basically done. They're working some last details.

Yeah this is basic everyday contract S.O.P. ... obviously they agree in principle on the major things, like the amount and the years, and are just crossing all the "T"s and dotting all the "i"s and wrangling over this or that detail.

That's why we hear both that they are done AND that they are still working. Happens with a lot of contracts, the difference being, outsiders don't always know about or follow other negotiations. This one is under a microscope so everything gets literally magnified.

On this though:

Brandon Bate@NoPlanB_
Not sure if you're at liberty to provide rough numbers, or even if you've heard any, but a "report" yesterday was that it was closer to $18M annually, with $55-60M guaranteed -- both of which are far lower than I would've expected. Any word on that?

That's not just lower than expected, it's plain nonsensical. No number under 20 for this makes any kind of sense whatsoever.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10599  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

For those with Twitter blocked at work.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Verified Account
Long time coming: Rams and Aaron Donald finalizing a record 6-year, $135 million, including $87 million guaranteed, per source. Richest defensive deal in NFL history.
Donald now tied to LA for next seven years. And he will be ready for Monday night opener vs. Raiders.

by Flash
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1209  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:For those with Twitter blocked at work.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Verified Account
Long time coming: Rams and Aaron Donald finalizing a record 6-year, $135 million, including $87 million guaranteed, per source. Richest defensive deal in NFL history.
Donald now tied to LA for next seven years. And he will be ready for Monday night opener vs. Raiders.

So 6.9 this year and 135M for the 6 year after?

If so comes to 142 overs 7 years or just above 20M/year.

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

Flash wrote:So 6.9 this year and 135M for the 6 year after?

If so comes to 142 overs 7 years or just above 20M/year.

Yes

by Flash
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1209  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

RamsFanSince82 wrote:Yes

Lower than I expected. As Canuck would say great job Los Ramos!

by /zn/
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6807  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Whew. Lol

We never really had a bet. I mean you were doing your own thing with yourself and all, but I never signed on to it. There was nothing to bet on. If you were going to take it as 2018 + the extension, that's one thing, but you were betting against my number that was about the extension only.

IF someone asked me to guesstimate the numbers for the last rookie contract year plus the extension, I would have come up with a number lower than 23-24 (probably 20.8).

I did get into it about contracts and how extensions are talked about with the agents and GMs and the press reporting on that. But that was just a topic in its own right. I never cared about the bet.

If I had I would have just said here's my number for the old contract + the new one divided by more years than just the extension. I never even went there.

So it was always apples and oranges. If I had "won" I would have just said, nah there was never any bet...you were comparing a number based on more years than I was talking about. There's no real contest.

Like if I said I can make it to Boston from here in 2 hours. And you said that's impossible, I bet you can't, but it has to be walking. There's no comparison. I was talking about driving. If you asked what's my time for walking I would have given a different number.

So you were never in any "jeopardy."

Besides no one can accept a penance here for being abusive. Being abusive is a tradition here. Some get to do it, some don't. So if you're one of the ones who don't get to, if you post here, you just have to know that and take it in stride, and be aware it doesn't mean anything. Like living in Maine. If snow in winter actually bothers you, move. 8-)

by Hacksaw
5 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

C'mon,, , they were joking around..

We all be happy.

Interesting going to other divisional fan forums. They think we are in cap hell and a foolish organization. I guess that's how they cope with what is about to get them.

• 45 / 48
475 posts Jun 25 2024