115 posts
  • 5 / 12
 by Horny Mcbae
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:The homes I worked on are a little to the left of RPV, Calle Mayor area up high. Nice

The estates In Palos Verdes are amazing. Big bucks too.
Just past the village to the lower west side there are some really palatial homes. The views of Malibu, to downtown LA, even Inglewood are off the hook.

3 New Years days ago, my daughter and I hiked up Mt Lee from the Beachwood Cyn area where I grew up. It was a really clear day. You could see Redondo and Catalina from the Hollywood sign. She wanted to go look at one of my jobs in Redondo on the way home so we went by Rock'N Brews for a bite (sat below the Stones logo on the side wall). Just before sunset we went a couple miles down RPV Dr. to a look-out. From there you could see Santa Barbara Island straight out and the Channel Islands off Santa Barbara. Spectacular.

PS, Fixed the pic.

Back on topic. I think the Field conditions will be just fine.

Oh wow. You're very familiar with the area.

We go up to the look out points near Calle Mayor a lot. Its like 5 mins from where live. There are some gentle hiking trails that go along the side of the hill high above the water. The views are sublime from there. On most days you see all the way to Malibu. And the drive is nice all the way up to Trump's golf course and resort.

Anyway.... ya back to on topic. The field shouldn't be an issue as there is now no rain in the forecast for Saturday and we know they've covered it up before that. We should be good.

by Hacksaw
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The Chargers on the other hand get to go to 24 degree New England in a blizzard. 5"+ of snow during the game. OK a blizzard for us sunny SoCal guys anyway.
We've got it good.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   10658  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:The Chargers on the other hand get to go to 24 degree New England in a blizzard. 5"+ of snow during the game. OK a blizzard for us sunny SoCal guys anyway.
We've got it good.

It’s not going to be a blizzard.

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:It’s not going to be a blizzard.

Is it not 60F and is there snow?

Yup blizzard for us.

by Hacksaw
5 years 8 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:It’s not going to be a blizzard.

Read what I wrote again.

Hint: 2nd to last sentence...

by aeneas1
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:Assholes!!! ahahhahaaa. I uploaded it just fine on my phone. Don't know why it turned sideways when you see on the PC. Can one of the mods help? Lol.

it's an ongoing mobile device exif tag thing that impacts photo orientation when uploaded/viewed on the web, or downloaded/viewed on desktops, that's never been universally fixed, lots of hacks around, i'll look into one when i get the time, but you would think this would be a fixed no-brainer in this day and age...

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... ThXiKwMUPQ

by Hacksaw
5 years 8 months ago

A bit off topic but I just watched Heaven Can Wait, , again.
Got this grab from field level. You can see the seating in front of the peristyle is totally different.
Also some credits of a few former Rams who were moonlighting.
20190108_235118.jpg

by SWAdude
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:A bit off topic but I just watched Heaven Can Wait, , again.
Got this grab from field level. You can see the seating in front of the peristyle is totally different.
Also some credits of a few former Rams who were moonlighting.20190108_235118.jpg

I just watched it again this week.

Have it saved on the DVR.

May not be in the books, but our first Super Bowl win. :D

Oh god, help me Hacksaw, but I am going to digress........

Something St Screw Us fans can not appreciate.

Hope to see you at the game. :)

I went back once a year for home games in St Louis. Have yet to run into one St Screw Us fan in LA.

GO RAMS!!!

by ramsman34
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9145  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

SWAdude wrote:I just watched it again this week.

Have it saved on the DVR.

May not be in the books, but our first Super Bowl win. :D

Oh god, help me Hacksaw, but I am going to digress........

Something St Screw Us fans can not appreciate.

Hope to see you at the game. :)

I went back once a year for home games in St Louis. Have yet to run into one St Screw Us fan in LA.

GO RAMS!!!

I too went to STL once a year - to watch the whiners beat the SOSAR, until 1999, dammit ( got Directv, lol). Went back in 2000, watched them track meet the Broncos and lose to Tampa. hen went to NOLA and watched them dismantle the Aints on MNF!

I've seen " Heaven Can Wait" at least 10 times! Probably 20.

I cant sleep, I m gonna watch it again, right NOW!!!

by ramsman34
5 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9145  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Hacksaw, the opening scenes, has to be Topanga Canyon no? Or possibly Hollywood Hills?

• 5 / 12
115 posts Oct 07 2024