43 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by Rams the Legends live on
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

moklerman wrote:And Tom Brady would have been drafted first overall and Kurt Warner would have been drafted and Terrell Davis would have been drafted...

...football "experts" aren't infallible and probably aren't even right most of the time. Just because Martz isn't in the league doesn't mean he can't still coach.

Oh come on Mok, that is sound logic and means the opposite of it must be true, such as if you have coached for almost 5 full seasons you must be good ;)

by Elvis
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Dick84 wrote:Respectfully... I'll pass completely on that scenario.
Close to as good? I'll say much better options than Martz. His offense blew the league away.. and then the league caught up and he wasn't able to make the adjustments to keep a QB safe and productive. Hiring him with the Oline the Rams have would be like lining Goff up for a firing squad.

I love Martz for what he did for the Rams.. but if he was that good of a coach.. well, he'd still be coaching.

I'm as big of a Martz fan as anybody and would love to see him coaching the Rams again.

But besides the fact it's never going to happen and he's getting up there in years, it would also have huge bust potential. He's such a wildcard.

I have to assume Martz was a huge pain in the ass to work with and that has a lot to do with his career trajectory but still, i'd love to see him back in the NFL.

If SD would hire him, i'd gladly adopt the Chargers as my 2nd favorite team...

by aeneas1
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I'm as big of a Martz fan as anybody and would love to see him coaching the Rams again.

But besides the fact it's never going to happen and he's getting up there in years, it would also have huge bust potential. He's such a wildcard.

I have to assume Martz was a huge pain in the ass to work with and that has a lot to do with his career trajectory but still, i'd love to see him back in the NFL.

If SD would hire him, i'd gladly adopt the Chargers as my 2nd favorite team...

that's actually how i feel about mcdaniels, huge bust potential, with a lot of sophomoric drama potential too...

• 5 / 5
43 posts Jun 17 2024