48 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by Elvis
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Post a link when you post an article.

It's true the Rams had some pretty crappy attendance at the end in Anaheim.

But then again it was even worse for the Cardinals in St. Louis before they moved to AZ.

We can fight these wars or not fight these wars but for my money, and as far as this site is concerned, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Rams fans from any city. We're all Rams fans. We're all equal.

St. Louis simply couldn't compete with the size and wealth of Los Angeles. The fans of St. Louis didn't fail or do anything wrong. They just lived in a relatively small market that couldn't offer Kroenke what L.A. offers.

Us long time L.A. fans are happy as hell the Rams are back and we're not going to hide it, not at RFU.

For St. Louis fans, i'm sure this is a bitter pill to swallow. You don't have to hide that either.

As the kids say, it is what it is. And what it is, is The Los Angeles Rams...

by Hacksaw
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Nice Elvis.

Also what those head counters seem to forget is that GF had been sabotaging the roster for years and we all knew why, ohh and there was that other team in town (LA) who was more successful at the time and dividing the local market share..

Were time good. NO. Was this on the fans here anymore than the fans there. NO again. Was this on the owner(s) and stadium related. YES..

Those of us here all want the same thing which is cool. And I truly hope that as the season opens, even more Rams fans from the mid-west come and join in our hope for a exciting and successful campaign.

by Snow Man
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   232  
Zimbabwe   At the computer
Rookie

If they hadn't moved to St. Louis it would have been San Antonio, Baltimore or Memphis, they were moving to the highest bidder. Orange County was in bankruptcy and couldn't build a stadium and that's what the owner wanted. More luxury boxes. The premise that she was bringing the team to her home town was a smoke screen. Just like the premise that Kroenke is righting a wrong and moving them back. It is all about money, moolah, dough, $$$$$$, whatever you want to call it.

In the meantime, St. Louis was operating under the Field of Dreams idea...If you build it, they will come. And the Dome was being built. Well, the NFL put a stop to that mostly because there was too much jockeying for ownership of an expansion franchise and who held the lease on the Dome. So there was stadium being built and Georgia and John swooped in and had St. Louis by the short hairs.

Like St. Loser said, St. Louis Civic leaders bungled it, there is no doubt about it.

Its pure fact.

by Rams the Legends live on
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

Snow Man wrote:If they hadn't moved to St. Louis it would have been San Antonio, Baltimore or Memphis, they were moving to the highest bidder. Orange County was in bankruptcy and couldn't build a stadium and that's what the owner wanted. More luxury boxes. The premise that she was bringing the team to her home town was a smoke screen. Just like the premise that Kroenke is righting a wrong and moving them back. It is all about money, moolah, dough, $$$$$$, whatever you want to call it.

In the meantime, St. Louis was operating under the Field of Dreams idea...If you build it, they will come. And the Dome was being built. Well, the NFL put a stop to that mostly because there was too much jockeying for ownership of an expansion franchise and who held the lease on the Dome. So there was stadium being built and Georgia and John swooped in and had St. Louis by the short hairs.

Like St. Loser said, St. Louis Civic leaders bungled it, there is no doubt about it.

Its pure fact.

I don't believe they bungled it as bad folks believe. The major challenge has been for them day one money and it was a problem that never got solved. When ya compound the lease agreement was coming due in the aftermath of a financial meltdown of banking and housing. St. Louey as hard up as many cities have been did still manage to not default on it's obligations and put a offer on the table. If money had not been the core underlying factor the Rams would still be calling under the arch home. The deciding factor that made LA more attractive is Stan's personal vision cause fact is he is paying for his vision. If his vision was not as grand and he convinced he could do it. The Rams would still be residing in St. Louey I am convinced. So while many mistakes where made all around and some do shoulder blame fact is some factors have been out of everyone's control and proves the old adage the markets will dictate.

While my hope is everyone in St. Louey remains a fan, I am neither from LA or StL. I do understand the elation LA feels and the disappointment StL feels. My honest conviction is the NFL owes StL a expansion team and hopefully if this ever becomes the case that a smart businessman steps forward to take the reigns and ownership. Cause at the end of the day we can never count on any civic leaders or gov official to ever be as far sighted beyond his current term and the next round of the ballot box. Had Georgia even been a wise owner she would have never left her children in a position where they would have to unload the team.

Her lack of wisdom in all convos on the topic of the move was never really addressed in my opinion. So while again civic leaders do bear some guilt I do believe there where factors they just had no control over. So my hope is y'all get a expansion team and a smart business person is at the helm because the people of St. Louey truly do deserve nothing less.

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Snow Man wrote:If they hadn't moved to St. Louis it would have been San Antonio, Baltimore or Memphis, they were moving to the highest bidder. Orange County was in bankruptcy and couldn't build a stadium and that's what the owner wanted. More luxury boxes. The premise that she was bringing the team to her home town was a smoke screen. Just like the premise that Kroenke is righting a wrong and moving them back. It is all about money, moolah, dough, $$$$$$, whatever you want to call it.

Its pure fact.

"If they hadn't moved to St. Louis it would have been San Antonio, Baltimore or Memphis, they were moving to the highest bidder. Orange County was in bankruptcy and couldn't build a stadium and that's what the owner wanted. More luxury boxes. The premise that she was bringing the team to her home town was a smoke screen. Just like the premise that Kroenke is righting a wrong and moving them back. It is all about money, moolah, dough, $$$$$$, whatever you want to call it."

I agree with this except the LA stadium part bc I was a little kid and I didn't follow the Rams so I don't know what happened 21 years ago.

It was always about the money. The fans really have nothing to do with it.

I'll say this though. No matter what the Rams do in STL they could never top the baseball Cardinals in popularity. The Rams were supported in STL but the Cardinals were on a whole nother level. The market was small for 3 teams imo. In most states the NFL is king. There's a reason why everyone expect STL says STL is a baseball town. That's not a knock on STL but it is what it is.

It was the perfect storm for the Rams to move to LA.

Look how everything is going so smoothly. All this team has to do now is win and they'll control a big part of LA. The Rams were the perfect team for LA. Its getting "LA right".

STL was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

by Elvis
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

No doubt the Rams moved to St. Louis because of that very sweet deal they got. The deal St. Louis was offering this time around wasn't nearly as sweet.

But more importantly, the economics of the NFL have changed a lot over the last 20 years.

The Rams and Chargers were fighting tooth and nail for the opportunity to privately fund a stadium in L.A. The stadiums in NY and Santa Clara are privately funded too.

This isn't 1994, L.A. looks like a goldmine, not a graveyard. Is it? The Rams are here to find out.

I think they're right but we'll see...

by Ramzee
8 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   372  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Snow Man wrote:ONLY 25,705 ATTEND GAME AS RAMS FALL TO REDSKINS - PLAYERS WONDER IF 24-21 LOSS IS THEIR LAST AS LA TEAM

December 25, 1994

By Jim Thomas

I had no clue Jim Thomas has been covering the Rams that long. That's cool.

Who else has one of these still laying around?

• 5 / 5
48 posts Jun 28 2024