874 posts
  • 39 / 88
 by Hacksaw
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:True. But I'm simply disputing the accusation the fix is in by crooked St. Louis judges who were voted in.

Avengers reply says to me the fix is potentially still in play. The U.S. S.C. didn't even hear it.

St. Loser Fan wrote:Judges at that level are appointed, not voted in here.

Not sure what level judge is in discussion here but the only apparent difference between appointee and elected is the voters would have assisted put in power the judge who might have a bias against the Rams.

Can a conviction/award be appealed on grounds of bias?

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10576  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Postponed until January 2022

"For as much work as you all have put in on this and as much effort it will be to actually try this case, I'm concerned about trying to push this through in October when at best it's probably a 50/50, if less, chance of it actually occurring," McGraugh told lawyers in a virtual court hearing Wednesday.

Neither side objected to McGraugh's proposal.

by Hacksaw
3 years 3 months ago

Hopefully ESK can live with things hanging over his head..

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Per an interview on St. Louis radio with lawyer not involve but with an apparent pipeline to info:
-Stan's deposition was two full eight hour days. He's never seen a single person deposed that long outside of highly technical or complex medical cases that need lots of explaining.

-almost no depositions outside the Rams organization have occured. Tons of owners are either not responding at all or have schedules that are booked completely solid (without even a spare hour or two) for the next year. Now I know this is where you guys say the lawsuit is bullshit and the NFL/the owners don't have to cooperate: but that's not that way the courts work. It sounds like the NFL/the owners are real close to being on the bad side of the court. Apparently there's one more window try to get the case relocated and these actions might have closed that.

-If this goes to a full trial and judgment, then all the depositions and related discovery evidence shall become public record.

-Kroenke and and the NFL have shockingly done very little (almost nothing) to counter the claims or fight back about the Dome lease that put the team in a position to move. Either that have a smoking gun to use in court or they are making a monumental miscalculation. Even if they have a smoking gun that frees them in a move to LA the NFL/Kroenke group should be dotting securing details, and that's not happening.

-the judge on the case is one of the slowest moving/deliberate judges in the regional courts.

by Hacksaw
3 years 3 months ago

Thanks for the local intell.

A 'smoking gun' like StL breached the terms of their lease and the NFL guidelines are just guidelines.
Trying to game the system after the last minute by shaming together a paper stadium at the expense of anything or anyone in their way doesn't cut it as being righteous.

Playing nice with those where they lived doesn't sound like a bad idea considering approvals hadn't been given yet. If not for Spanos and the Charaider scheme, the Rams would have been gone before Peacock and his gang could have raised a stink and Demoff would have never had to say anything.

I don't blame ESK for trying to protect his billion dollar investment from the corrupt locals in charge there. If he made a profit, thats good for the Rams.

I imagine everyone not living in StL are glad they got out of there.

by snackdaddy
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9707  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

So local judges who have seen their city have an NFL team for 21 years then lose it won't be the least bit biased? A potential jury of locals won't be biased? Color me skeptical. I gotta think this thing will drag on for years. Even if st louis wins. I suppose it gives them something to root for now.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

He mentioned one of the odd moves by Kroenke’s lawyers: they sent deposition requests to the current mayor, treasurer and county executive. The thing is none of them were part of the Dome drama and move. They all held lower offices that weren’t part of that.

And the St. Louis people that held office/dropped the ball/let the Rams relocate haven’t been pinged. He’s baffled by this.

by majik
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1210  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Just raking up the bills for the lawyers. No wonder the NBA has never seriously considered St.Louis as an expansion or relocation city.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:Just raking up the bills for the lawyers. No wonder the NBA has never seriously considered St.Louis as an expansion or relocation city.

No one has ever run at it except when Stan’s brother in law failed to bring the Grizzlies here. The problem was St. Louis market was “owned” by the Silnas brothers until 2014 and they would have had to have been paid off.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/monteburke ... -all-time/

Plus, St. Louis sucks.

by majik
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1210  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Don’t you just love how antitrust law doesn’t seem to apply to sports (baseball of course actually has an exemption).

It is a joke that the San Francisco Giants “own” the territorial rights to San Jose and prevented the Oakland A’s from moving there even though Oakland is actually closer and the A’s signed over the rights to San Francisco when they were shaking down the city in the 90’s to build their current stadium

• 39 / 88
874 posts Jun 17 2024