492 posts
  • 4 / 50
 by LARAMSFAN66
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   112  
United States of America  
Practice Squad

I received an email today with an invitation to select a date to visit the Premier Center. My window is from 3/13 - 3/29, from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Appointments scheduled 10 minutes apart and it says the presentation and seat selection process should take about an hour. Not sure if I'm going to go since my wife would kill me if I paid that much for the SSLs. I was one of the 1st 'regular' people to initially select season tickets and my current seats are on the RAMS side, 28 yard line, 7th row. Love me seats, but I'm sure those would be 25K+ for the SSL. Ugh. If anyone else goes to the presentation, please post your thoughts and if it's worth going, even if you're not going to purchase the club seats.

by Elvis
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

LARAMSFAN66 wrote:I received an email today with an invitation to select a date to visit the Premier Center. My window is from 3/13 - 3/29, from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Appointments scheduled 10 minutes apart and it says the presentation and seat selection process should take about an hour. Not sure if I'm going to go since my wife would kill me if I paid that much for the SSLs. I was one of the 1st 'regular' people to initially select season tickets and my current seats are on the RAMS side, 28 yard line, 7th row. Love me seats, but I'm sure those would be 25K+ for the SSL. Ugh. If anyone else goes to the presentation, please post your thoughts and if it's worth going, even if you're not going to purchase the club seats.

You might want to go just for the experience, and then to tell us all about it...

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

The Rams dropping bombs as soon as SSL’s go on sale.

On a side note, I think if you don’t go now you could still go and see the special stadium center when you want to buy regular seats. That’s what I’m going to do. When I get my invite for premium seats, I’m going to tell them premium seats don’t interest me but I’m interested in regular seats.

by Hacksaw
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

This way they get the fans to pay for the stadium instead of the entire city through bonds and taxes. Sure it's a bigger chunk per fan capita but at least it's targeted.
Now let's see if there are 70,000 folks willing to take out a small mtg or car payment aka a SSL.

by BuiltRamTough
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:This way they get the fans to pay for the stadium instead of the entire city through bonds and taxes. Sure it's a bigger chunk per fan capita but at least it's targeted.
Now let's see if there are 70,000 folks willing to take out a small mtg or car payment aka a SSL.

100k for rich folk is like 5k for me. So legit rams fans who have the money will buy them at any cost.

It obviously sucks but if we were the owners we would charge the same thing.

by Stranger
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

D1 Bound wrote:The 500 "All-Access" seats will be in one section 20 rows up and between the 45-yard lines on each side of the stadium. The tickets come with premium parking, food and drinks, access to the stadium's most exclusive club space and guaranteed opportunities to purchase tickets for events such as the Super Bowl.

Licenses for the "VIP" section will cost $80,000 for Rams games and $50,000 for Chargers games. The approximate 2,500 VIP tickets also will include parking, and food and drinks, but no guarantee of Super Bowl tickets. VIP seats will be between the 30-yard lines on the first and second levels of the stadium.

So, one would have to cough-up $80k per seat to buy a license, and then pay the additional annual cost for each season tix. Is this right?

Is there a telephone number to call to learn more?

by Ramfan99
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16  
United States of America   OC
Undrafted Free Agent

Hacksaw wrote:This way they get the fans to pay for the stadium instead of the entire city through bonds and taxes. Sure it's a bigger chunk per fan capita but at least it's targeted.

It is never acceptable to me to use public money for billionaires’s and their associates’ investment, because they get all the benefits and regular taxpayers get all the shafts. If I own a business that I think it is no longer sustainable, or not enjoyable anymore, then I sell it knowing I would pocket so much profit that I could not even imagine myself. For example, Panthers owner’s profit margin would be like x00 times (x0000%), so insanely profitable for the amount of time he invested in the team (25 years), compare to any normal business metrics. Even though for a lousy run, lousy team, lousy owner like Clippers, it’s still insanely profitable. Never acceptable to me, never buy into the hype, no matter if the team wins 100 Super Bowls, or 100 NBA championships! The only highlight of the Rams vs Falcons game was I saw a plane flying around the Coliseum stadium with a banner saying something like “Spanos you are not welcomed here, sell the team”.

Kroenke’s approach is the way it should be: He, lenders, partners, associates and ticket holders work it out. That was the reason I decided to be a Rams season ticket holder even they started out as a lousy team and still felt good about it. I continue to buy tickets for 2 more years as long as they come up with a good product and I could afford it.

SSL: My wife would kill me if I raid my kids’ college fund to buy 2 decent SSLs. I used to tell her “Cheaper to go to a Rams game than Disneyland” :) so she let me do it, but not with SSL. I am also not worried, because I have opportunities down the road in the aftermarket. I checked the aftermarket of 49er PSLs and i think you have more options, more flexibility: You can choose to go with the cheapest, or best-bang-for-the-buck.

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Ramfan99 wrote:It is never acceptable to me to use public money for billionaires’s and their associates’ investment, because they get all the benefits and regular taxpayers get all the shafts.

I agree with you. Football stadiums are especially bad since they're used 15 days a year in most cities, and maybe 30 in LA. At least you can somewhat justify public money for arenas and baseball stadiums since they're utilized much more.

Plus now that the acceptable price for a NFL stadium is now in the $1 billion to $2 billion range it is even worse.

It will be interesting to see the public vs private money fight in places like Charlotte, Nashville and Cincinnati. Because those cities won't be able to give the Panthers, Titans and Bengals what the new stadiums they'll want when their leases end in the next couple of years.

by Ramfan99
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16  
United States of America   OC
Undrafted Free Agent

St. Loser Fan wrote:I agree with you. Football stadiums are especially bad since they're used 15 days a year in most cities, and maybe 30 in LA. At least you can somewhat justify public money for arenas and baseball stadiums since they're utilized much more.

Thank you for the comments. I don’t support public money for any of these. It is their business, none of unassociated taxpayers’ business, so don’t come to taxpayers. The owners and their lenders, partners, associates own it, benefits from it. I forget to mention crooked politicians and their lobbyists get a piece of the benefit too. I hated it when NFL used to blockout games and they got public money! Talk about baseball stadium: Angles used to let us walk on their stadium’s hallways for “Austism Walk” once a year, a big yearly event here in Orange County . This last walk, they no longer allowed that, so we must walked in the parking lot, under the hot sun. My mother-in-law in wheelchairs felt the heat. It’s their property, they can do whatever they want, fair enough, but don’t ask Anaheim for money.

• 4 / 50
492 posts Jul 08 2024