100 posts
  • 4 / 10
 by moklerman
9 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I'd like to point out, ESK hasn't been "silent". He just blew up Hollywood Park.

Seems a lot more significant than Nixon tweeting.

by Hacksaw
9 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

moklerman wrote:I'd like to point out, ESK hasn't been "silent". He just blew up Hollywood Park.

Seems a lot more significant than Nixon tweeting.

Or Robles exploding.

BTW your new avi is right up there with waddywasopenray.

by den-the-coach
9 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

Elvis wrote:No change:

Still at 43 to 57.
by jthomas 11:27 AM

by Hacksaw
9 years 3 weeks ago

Because of concussion concerns the league has a helmet rule which makes all teams use the same helmet home and away. I like the drawing but the roadies would look odd with the canary yellow helmet horn don'tcha think.

by Elvis
9 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Still 57-43

Again, I'm still at 43-57 that they stay _ in other words feel it is more likely they will move at this point. But it's still all about the financing and land acquisition in St. Louis, and whether San Diego can come up with a stadium plan at the last minute.
by jthomas 11:32 AM

For JT it really seems to be about the St. Louis effort to build a stadium...

by moklerman
9 years 2 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Because of concussion concerns the league has a helmet rule which makes all teams use the same helmet home and away. I like the drawing but the roadies would look odd with the canary yellow helmet horn don'tcha think.
Well...the helmet is dark blue either way and I think they apply new horns every week, don't they? Why couldn't they apply white instead of yellow? That has nothing to do with the helmet.

Also, didn't Dallas wear white helmets with their throwbacks? Did they change the rule since then?

by Hacksaw
9 years 2 weeks ago

moklerman wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:Because of concussion concerns the league has a helmet rule which makes all teams use the same helmet home and away. I like the drawing but the roadies would look odd with the canary yellow helmet horn don'tcha think.
Well...the helmet is dark blue either way and I think they apply new horns every week, don't they? Why couldn't they apply white instead of yellow? That has nothing to do with the helmet.

Also, didn't Dallas wear white helmets with their throwbacks? Did they change the rule since then?

As I remember it was Al Michaels that was discussing it on SNF (or MNF before the TV contract change) and he said it was due to team cost for helmet and league cost of testing. That always seemed odd as these guys aren't poor.
I think you are correct about the decals. That would work so I sit corrected.

by moklerman
9 years 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

It still makes me wonder how teams used to get away with it. It seems that TB and Dallas have for sure used different colored helmets and didn't the Packers wear brown one's with the awful throwbacks?

Something must have changed obviously but the excuse sure doesn't make any sense. If a guy wears a 7 1/4" Riddell helmet, what does it matter if it's blue or green or whatever? What research has to be done?

by Elvis
9 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Where's Aeneas1 when we need him?

Found this:

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/unifor ... all-league

One misconception of the NFL uniform rules, however, is that teams are limited to one helmet throughout the season.

"Our Head, Neck, and Spine Committee, chaired by Dr. Hunt Batjer and Dr. Richard Ellenbogen, and the Player Safety Advisory Panel, chaired by John Madden and Ronnie Lott, have recommended that players no longer wear different helmets as part of a ‘Throwback’ or ‘Third’ uniform," the league office told Pro Football Talk. "Our office supports this change and has reviewed it with the chairman of our Health and Safety ownership committee, Dr. John York, who concurs with this recommendation."

The league safety committee simply suggested that players wear one helmet the entire season to help prevent concussions that can occur when helmets are not properly fitted.

• 4 / 10
100 posts Jul 03 2024