43 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Kyle set the record for being the youngest offensive coordinator in NFL history.

Experience is good. :?

by OldSchool
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Will0120 wrote:Ok, "horrendous" might be harsh. Is "below average" better then...? 21st is pretty crappy for a team with a great QB, HOF WR (although I do recall he was hurt a lot last year) and good young RB.

It goes to show how low our expectation is when it comes to offense as the Rams fans now... :|

There were also a lot of issues with their OLine last year that have been fixed. Most notably the signing of the extremely talented Alex Mack. Hell they had Mike Person at Center for the majority of last year. Add in another off season for Jake Matthews, man did I ever want him for the Rams! So you add in a 4 time pro bowl Center and give your other 4 a year of working together and you have one of the better lines in the league which does wonders to raise the offense up.

by Hacksaw_64
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Will0120 wrote:
As much as this article makes me feel good about Kyle and all. Are we all forgetting the horrendous season that Atlanta's offense had last season...? :?:

Look at what he did with Matt Schaub as his QB. That is probably the most impressive part of his resume.

by Stranger
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

I look at Kyle and see another coordinator who is unproven at the HC level. Just not feelin' it.

by Elvis
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Dick84 wrote:So was Adam Gase.

And Mike Martz who i'm pretty sure is Stranger's choice...

by Stranger
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:So was Adam Gase.

Who's your pick?

I'd take the Stanford HC (name?) over any of the current crop of NFL coordinators.

But yeah, as Elvis said, I just don't see how there is anyone out there with close to the street cred of Martz. A proven offensive innovator at the QB-coach, OC, and HC level who got by far the best level of play out of every offensive player he touched. Perhaps Warner's time in Zona is the only excpetion to this.

This decision is not even close for me. Do u take the proven offensive genius (which the entire league copied), put a functional front office support system around him, and let him develop our offense.

Keep GW, JF and the defensive and special teams staffs in place. Geesh, we have a playoff team in its first year, with a very bright future.

Really, are any of the other options out there close to this, or even a proven solution? I don't think so.

by Hacksaw
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Stranger wrote:I'd take the Stanford HC (name?) over any of the current crop of NFL coordinators.

But yeah, as Elvis said, I just don't see how there is anyone out there with close to the street cred of Martz. A proven offensive innovator at the QB-coach, OC, and HC level who got by far the best level of play out of every offensive player he touched. Perhaps Warner's time in Zona is the only excpetion to this.

This decision is not even close for me. Do u take the proven offensive genius (which the entire league copied), put a functional front office support system around him, and let him develop our offense.

Keep GW, JF and the defensive and special teams staffs in place. Geesh, we have a playoff team in its first year, with a very bright future.

Really, are any of the other options out there close to this, or even a proven solution? I don't think so.

Maintaining much of the current staff would keep things ready to drop game one. MM was a great OC, but I never cared for him as the HC.
There must be a very good reason that this guy, who as you said changed the modern game, isn't in the league or first on anyones list each year. .

by moklerman
7 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I love Martz for what he did for the Rams.. but if he was that good of a coach.. well, he'd still be coaching.
And Tom Brady would have been drafted first overall and Kurt Warner would have been drafted and Terrell Davis would have been drafted...

...football "experts" aren't infallible and probably aren't even right most of the time. Just because Martz isn't in the league doesn't mean he can't still coach.

• 4 / 5
43 posts Jun 17 2024