46 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Like I asked elsewhere, is Harbaugh allowed to even talk to a NFL team right now?

the way i understand it is the nfl has no prob with it, there aren't any rules that prohibit it (as with talking to other nfl coaches during the season), and i can't imagine that an ncaa contract would dictate what a coach could or couldn't do in terms of future plans, but i'm sure there's professional courtesy involved, whether or not a college coach wishes to honor it or not may be up to him, but a college paying a hc big bucks might not appreciate him entertaining other offers.

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

ED just started following Harbaugh on Twitter.

by Elvis
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Vinny and ED pushing Harbaugh big time on 570.

And BTW, don't get on Eric Dickerson's bad side...

by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Vinny and ED pushing Harbaugh big time on 570.

And BTW, don't get on Eric Dickerson's bad side...

well this is all e.d.'s doing, right?

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10608  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

maxxx power wrote:I agree with you on both these points.

I would take this histrionics to be contending for a title. Is there any fan who wouldnt?

The problem I fear with Harbaugh is flaming out after two or three seasons and leaving a rotting carcass behind like he did in San Francisco. Can he coach in the huge media market like LA without flipping out? I feel he's better in an insulated environment like Ann Arbor.

by rams74
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1502  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

maxxx power wrote:I agree with you on both these points.

I would take this histrionics to be contending for a title. Is there any fan who wouldnt?

Count me in on the "hating Harbaugh with the fire of 1000 suns" part.
As for your "contending for a title" question, what I understand from things I've heard is that his schtick wears people out, and pretty quickly. From Harbaugh's side of things, though, he has a tendency to not want to stay in one place very long, anyway, so sometimes he leaves of his own accord at about the same time that people are ready to see him go. In terms of the Rams, I think all this means is that even if he's hired, I wouldn't expect this relationship to last very long.

by Elvis
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:Count me in on the "hating Harbaugh with the fire of 1000 suns" part.
As for your "contending for a title" question, what I understand from things I've heard is that his schtick wears people out, and pretty quickly. From Harbaugh's side of things, though, he has a tendency to not want to stay in one place very long, anyway, so sometimes he leaves of his own accord at about the same time that people are ready to see him go. In terms of the Rams, I think all this means is that even if he's hired, I wouldn't expect this relationship to last very long.

Do we really want Harbaugh doing one of his patented self-implosions the first year at Inglewood? Then again he could be coaching the LA Rams to a Super Bowl that year. It's that uncertainty that makes me really wary of him.

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/808441478959677441

Harbaugh is already getting $$$$$ at Michigan.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/08/17/michigan-jim-harbaugh-contract/88910306/

That effectively means Harbaugh is scheduled to get $9 million in basic pay for his current contract year, which runs from Jan. 11, 2016 through Jan. 10, 2017.

Stan would have to pay Harbaugh more than Sean Payton, Pete Carroll or Bill Bellicheat.
https://www.boydsbets.com/highest-paid-coaches-nfl/#

• 4 / 5
46 posts Jul 03 2024