• 4 / 8
 by Elvis
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   39540  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

From Jourdan:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/568052 ... s-offense/

• Outside linebacker Brennan Jackson did not practice but got a workout on the side of the field beforehand with athletic trainers.

First i've heard of anything being up with him...

by AltiTude Ram
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2279  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Here's how the other side thought about today.

In memory of Hacksaw. Let's hear from the other fan base. If you can stomach it.

https://www.youtube.com/live/nMHdg8Owah ... Y7ytSMTxTV

Coach Roman

by AltiTude Ram
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2279  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Speculation for sure because he's not a doctor and didn't stay at a Holliday Inn. Still good video on what appears to be the play Puka got hurt on.

IMO...it doesn't look serious or season ending. The fact he iced it and wasn't carted off are both good signs.

The Rams need to squash the injury bug Now!

by ziggy
1 month 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   608  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Missed the play that caused the injury. But he left on his own power, and moved around fine afterward. Heck the fact that he is upright; walking around to watch the action. Seems, he’s not worried about it.
Attachments
IMG_1948.jpeg

by actionjack
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Maybe the starters should just take the week off, kidding not kidding.

by actionjack
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Schefter says "week to week"

Yeah I imagine a banged knee takes week or so and Rams will def not hurry Puka back. You figure he has a good chemistry with Staff, gives the young guys more looks.

by Elvis
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   39540  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ziggy wrote:Missed the play that caused the injury. But he left on his own power, and moved around fine afterward. Heck the fact that he is upright; walking around to watch the action. Seems, he’s not worried about it.

Thanks ziggy! Any more pics, observations? How is the Chargers facility, etc...

by ziggy
1 month 1 week ago
 Total posts:   608  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

You know. I've been so busy this year... I did not even realize that the Rams-Chargers scrimmage was happening on Sunday. I just went to the Chargers camp last minute (and their last camp) because I had a few hours free, unexpectedly. So i was just not prepared to see my Rams scrimmage. I almost missed it! I walked right by the QB group thinking it was Easton Stick or whoever.. So I apologize for the poor reporting and few pictures (I'll put up some later.)

I live near this part of town and its a beautiful area to have a facility. Weather is always nice in El Segundo. This particular facility is tucked amidst a larger Raytheon facility-- so I think they have privacy. I was surprised that it was 'smaller' than I thought, considering this is their long-term permanent facility. They have a large 3 story building that I think serves as their offices and training area. And then they have a practice field area that can fit 3-4 fb fields but not too many stands beyond that. I think the UCI facilities/field area was larger and I assumed the Chargers would build out more than they would.

They wouldn't have the room to host more than 1000 fans. And they don't have room for a kids fan fest zone. They didn't have any of that. Just the practice area with some nice covered bleachers for 500-800 fans. And then 2 VIP tents for friends and family. Beyond that, they had 2 food trucks and 4-5 tents for merch and drinks. It was really cramped considering. LMU was cramped too... but that's not the Ram's permanent facility.

The good news is that we were able to get really close to the action where there was no shade. I was maybe 10-20 yards from the field where they were scrimmaging. A couple of over throws in the end zone would bounce out to the fans... but nobody was keeping the balls or anything. Most fans aren't standing because they'd rather be under the shaded bleachers.

As for the scrimmage. I really didn't realize what I was looking at until the final scrimmage. And then I was on the field level so it was hard to see over the sideline linemen and such. MS looked sharp. But they were playing their 1s against Garoppolo. So he did get picked and missed some throws. Wish I was there longer and also wished I knew what I was looking at-- I might have paid closer attention!! From the bleachers I couldn't really make out the faces and didn't make the connection until I checked some tweets and realized it was THE scrimmage. Then I went to the sideline area where I didn't have the best view.

• 4 / 8
72 posts Sep 18 2024