34 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by azramsfan93
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1495  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

It would be messed up for Maher in Dallas, but let's hope we play Dallas because that means we made the NFC championship game! When we beat Detroit we will either play the 49ers or the winner of Bucs/Eagles.

ramsman34 wrote:I think we are. And I think MCV will have a plan for what he does in what others call obvious FG situations. We just have to hope he hits when his number is called and that his number is called for mostly if not totally extra points. And even then, he misses and MCV will have a considerably thought out 2pt play sheet.

Luckily, Detroit is indoors. No wind excuses.

Now if somehow we have to go to Dallas, that will be a Maher Mindfuck on a totally different level.

by 69RamFan
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3238  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

PARAM wrote:After missing the PAT on our 2nd TD, we went for 2 after our 3rd TD

It would seem there's a lack of confidence there with medium range FGs AND PATs.

I think going for the two,

it was more about not trying to play for OT from getting any more injuries.

plus the lack of confidence for the rest of those 4th downs.

by PARAM
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12320  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

rams1974 wrote:In the interest of finding some common ground, I'm gonna say it's highly preferable all things being equal to have a good kicker vs a shaky kicker.

The Rams have a shaky kicker, and their options to get a good kicker are basically slim to none. So you have to go with what you have and plan accordingly.

I would say it is not the team's long term vision to have a shaky kicker and go for it frequently on 4th down, but it is where they are today.

I agree with all that. Especially the highlighted part. So what's the alternative? Put the ball in the end zone, go for it on 4th down or punt. Teams late in close games, will choose to punt rather than attempt a 50 yard FG even with solid kickers, because with a miss, it gives the opponent great field position. Why don't have faith in their solid kicker? Because kickers miss.

I'm not saying Maher is a great kicker. Like many have said, he's got confidence (head) problems. It might straighten out, it might not. We need to be good enough on offense to not rely on kicking.

by JackPMiller
5 months 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

This year has been a bad year for kickers.

• 4 / 4
34 posts Jul 08 2024