79 posts
  • 4 / 8
 by PARAM
9 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   12446  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

BrooklynRam74 wrote:I'm of the belief now, with the Dresser Winn signing, that McVay is resting starters with the clinching of the Playoff spot (6 or 7 doesn't matter to him) and Carson Wentz will either start or get the majority of snaps.

I wonder if he's sitting Puka? He's been dinged up. And from everything we've heard about #17, if McVay asked him, "do you want the records or rest", he'd probably say "rest". I mean really, it's clear whether he gets those records or not, he's had one of the best rookie seasons for a WR in history. Don't need no stinkin records to confirm that.

by BrooklynRam74
9 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   277  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

PARAM wrote:I wonder if he's sitting Puka? He's been dinged up. And from everything we've heard about #17, if McVay asked him, "do you want the records or rest", he'd probably say "rest". I mean really, it's clear whether he gets those records or not, he's had one of the best rookie seasons for a WR in history. Don't need no stinkin records to confirm that.

I'm thinking now, based on Mac's past, that poor Carson Wentz will be throwing the ball to a steady diet of Ben Skowronek, Tutu Atwell, Austin Tramnell, with a little Davis Allen and Brycen Hopkins mixed in....

by max
9 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   5597  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Remember 2017 when McVay rested all his starters and got bitch slapped by Shannys 5 win niners? 34-13.

McVay said after that he’d never rest starters against Shanny again. Hard to believe he’d set himself up for another bitch slap by Shanny.

Btw, the Rams had 10 days rest b4 the Giants game. How’d Stafford look with the extra rest?

by BrooklynRam74
9 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   277  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

max wrote:Remember 2017 when McVay rested all his starters and got bitch slapped by Shannys 5 win niners? 34-13.

McVay said after that he’d never rest starters against Shanny again. Hard to believe he’d set himself up for another bitch slap by Shanny.

Btw, the Rams had 10 days rest b4 the Giants game. How’d Stafford look with the extra rest?

And more importantly, how did they look in the Playoff game after resting?

by 69RamFan
9 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   3325  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

I don't think its about the rest,

Its more about not getting injured before the playoffs.

The Rams just resigned to the PS QB/Winn,

So, I see most likely,

He would be called up as a backup for Wentz as a starter.

The other PS player to be called up is a possible O-Lineman,

most likely G/Thomas. IMO

by ramsman34
9 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   9145  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think the starters gets some reps with the exception of players who are dinged already. You can’t protect everybody, they don’t have enough backups. Call a smart, conservative game and get as many back ups in as soon as possible.

Puka breaking records would be cool if this game really mattered. OTOH, seeding does matter. So MCV is has quite the conundrum to figure out.

SF has the bigger problem. This game means nothing to them as far as the playoffs go. They already are guaranteed a week of rest for the entire team. And the Rams hate this team and are a very physical outfit in both sides of the ball.

This game is gonna be crazy interesting.

by max
9 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   5597  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

If Shanny plays his starters that should tell us all we need to know about how much the Niners want to embarrass the Rams as much as they can.

by ramsman34
9 months 4 days ago

BrooklynRam74 wrote:And more importantly, how did they look in the Playoff game after resting?

I believe they did not play well and were humbled by the Falcons.

MCV has a tough decision on who to play and for how long while trying to stay sharp AND win the game.

Injuries happen. Can’t be afraid to play the game as hard as you would any other game.

by ramsman34
9 months 4 days ago

max wrote:If Shanny plays his starters that should tell us all we need to know about how much the Niners want to embarrass the Rams as much as they can.

I think the Rams are gonna bitch slap the whiners.

• 4 / 8
79 posts Oct 07 2024