43 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by /zn/
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6803  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:If you listened to the Play callers (and read a bunch of stuff before then), the conventional wisdom seems to be Fangio figured out McVay in 2018, it really manifested in the SB and going forward until McVay/Stafford found an answer in 2021. Whitworth talked about it a lot.

Not saying it's the only thing that happened but i'm inclined to go with it...

Which episode covered that the most?

by ramsman34
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8668  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

But, defenses, including the Fangio D, have adjusted to the adjustment. Now, MCV is charged with coming up with more wrinkles of his own. The league on D has moved to lighter, faster players to defend horizontal as well as vertical flow. MCV is designing ways to capitalize on that and use it against defenses. He went to drop-back and spread so his QB could easily see and not be surprised by defensive post-snap rotations and movement ( a problem for the traditional, under-center play action game) and to quick hitters in the short passing game. Defenses got trickier with their rush/stunt/twist designs, blitzes, and with how they shaded coverage to counter.

Your move MCV. I expect the unexpected.

by Hacksaw
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Let's hope.

IIRC Fangios D design exposed Goff's slow read and release by bringing a ton of pressure. Zero DBs in backfield. It also put a ton of pressure on the Oline and how RBs were deployed.
Stafford was/is a solid counter.

by Elvis
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

/zn/ wrote:Which episode covered that the most?

Episode 3.

But here's a quote from Mike McDaniel from episode 5:

"It took a year and a half before anybody had any fucking clue how to stop the Rams then Vic Fangio happens. Then Bill Belichick copies Vic Fangio. And then it took a while for Sean to get back there."

by ramsrams
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1179  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Guys, the last number of posts have been wildly off topic. Someone should segregate it.

Fair game, what?

Or, two can play.

by TomSlick
10 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

ramsrams wrote:Guys, the last number of posts have been wildly off topic. Someone should segregate it.

Good one. Thanks for the chuckle.

by Hacksaw
10 months 3 weeks ago

I've noticed a certain northern poster is conspicuously absent from this corner of the forum.

by TomSlick
10 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:I've noticed a certain northern poster is conspicuously absent from this corner of the forum.

To be honest, I don't know if this is a tongue-n-cheek type thread or a thread with an edge to it.

I know some guys "raggle" each other a bit, but I've never thought it anymore than some of the BS that goes on in locker rooms...for the most part, good fun bordering on the edge of raised hackles.

One big thing, among other big things, that annoy me about the internet, is people saying things that they would never say to that person's face. Doing that just makes you a wuss.

by Hacksaw
10 months 2 weeks ago

TomSlick wrote:To be honest, I don't know if this is a tongue-n-cheek type thread or a thread with an edge to it.

I know some guys "raggle" each other a bit, but I've never thought it anymore than some of the BS that goes on in locker rooms...for the most part, good fun bordering on the edge of raised hackles.

One big thing, among other big things, that annoy me about the internet, is people saying things that they would never say to that person's face. Doing that just makes you a wuss.

I doubt anyone here has a sharpened axe to grind with Canuck. I certainly don't. But segregation is divisive by nature. I hope that doesn't become a main result of this thread.

by PARAM
10 months 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:To be honest, I don't know if this is a tongue-n-cheek type thread or a thread with an edge to it.

I have been back and forthing Canuck going on 2 decades and anything I say to him here, I would say in person. Not coincidentally, anything he says here, he would say to my face. As hard as it may be to believe, we do agree from time to time.

Hacksaw wrote:I doubt anyone here has a sharpened axe to grind with Canuck. I certainly don't. But segregation is divisive by nature. I hope that doesn't become a result of this thread

No axe. If we were playing football, there might be a time I'd accidentally grab his facemask but let go as soon as I realized. Or a time I might not hear the whistle but I'd help him up!!

I once believed if the Rams ever won it all, we get along much better, though that might only last as long as the joy of that Lombardi. However, as much as we rag on one another, I certainly wouldn't want him to disappear.

• 4 / 5
43 posts Jun 17 2024