37 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4326  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

actionjack wrote:Yep. where too. I can email my cousin.

formerly being a somm at a top-10 U.S. private club (in St. Louis) and currently in the retail side (in the great flyover state of Nebraska) I'm just curious if you allow your wine to go through the three-tier system.

Sadly the permit fees in my state makes DTC shipments prohibitive. But if you have your wine available retail in states outside of California, I'll look to grab a bottle when I visit one of them. Otherwise the next time I visit Napa, I'll be sure to get a bottle of yours.

I am not a huge consumer of Cabernet, but wine from St. Helena are consistently AWESOME! Your retail prices are not out of line.

I'm confident that your wine is every bit as good as Vermeil's and Charles Woodson's.

I will never taste Montana's wine ... I'll drink Nouveau Beaujolais with a straw before I touch that shit ... eff him.

by actionjack
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4074  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:formerly being a somm at a top-10 U.S. private club (in St. Louis) and currently in the retail side (in the great flyover state of Nebraska) I'm just curious if you allow your wine to go through the three-tier system.

Sadly the permit fees in my state makes DTC shipments prohibitive. But if you have your wine available retail in states outside of California, I'll look to grab a bottle when I visit one of them. Otherwise the next time I visit Napa, I'll be sure to get a bottle of yours.

I am not a huge consumer of Cabernet, but wine from St. Helena are consistently AWESOME! Your retail prices are not out of line.

I'm confident that your wine is every bit as good as Vermeil's and Charles Woodson's.

I will never taste Montana's wine ... I'll drink Nouveau Beaujolais with a straw before I touch that shit ... eff him.

They do have Syrahs as well, I will reach out to my cousin and see. The "bloodline" is to die for very juicy.

by actionjack
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4074  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

safer wrote:Yeah, I'm into Reds. Syrah is my fav, and I have a small 300 plant vineyard. No money in it, just a buddy and I doing it.
It was the origins of the Fergalicious brand. I went to Whittier College with both of her parents back in the 70's. Her Dad and I put it in @ 2007. Now, they have a larger syrah vineyard next door and I went my separate way . I think they have around 600 vines over there.
I live 17 miles from the wine grotto in Lompoc and usually go over to Lompoc quite a bit because my grandson and his fam live there.
Stay safe!

BTW they do have Syrahs and Cab Franc. I forget because I drink mostly the CABS and Bloodline. Excellent Sauvignon Blanc as well. www.varozzavineyards.com

by laram
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   444  
Starter

R4L wrote:Hope everyone and their families are staying healthy and doing well.

It's been a rough time for everyone. The virus has already taken 2 of my family members. My Grandma, who was 96, and my uncle who was 56.

My wife still works at Walmart. I'm afraid she'll get it and we have a little one at home.

You can't enter the hospital in the area unless they take your temp, outside. The shelves are bare at pretty much every store.

I've lived 50 years and never have I seen anything like this.

People are idiots though. I see people driving by my house with a truck load of kids in the back. Like that's why closed school.

I'm not sure how this will turn out but it isn't a good time for America.

Oh R4L so very sorry to hear of your loss, my goodness that really adds a different dimension for me.

Take care of you and your family man and if I can do anything, you know how to reach me.

Be well

by R4L
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

laram wrote:Oh R4L so very sorry to hear of your loss, my goodness that really adds a different dimension for me.

Take care of you and your family man and if I can do anything, you know how to reach me.

Be well

Thanks bro. Appreciate the offer as always. You and yours stay safe as well my friend.

by safer
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1280  
Pro Bowl

Action Jack, another Whittier Alum and frat bro is a gynocologist and lives on Lake of The Pines just north of Auburn. He is half French and half Canadian Indian (related to Canuck maybe? :o ). He lives on a point on the lake with a real totem pole right near the water. Anyone who has ever been there would know where it is.
Bob Carl, I can't really claim to be a wine snob, but my "Cheers Bar" is the Hitching Post ll in Buellton (think the movie "Sideways"). I get dinner and insults there for the same price you get dinner ;) The staff is like family and they give me shit too.
I moved up here in '78 and have met a lot of fun and interesting people. Efrem Zimbalist Jr lived next door for the last 19 years of his life and we became super close friends. Truly an awesome, humble guy and yes, the ladies ALL just swooned over that handsome man...even at 95! Another drinking bud, Bob (I've nicknamed him "Bobito" because we went on Rotary humanitarian trips to Mexico) joined our Rotary club and then I learned he was THE chief electrical engineer for something called the Space Station...yeah, that one. Smart fucker, that Bobito! He's an older guy who makes the world's best Lemonccello and he has a 10 acre Syrah vineyard about 2 miles from mine. He's an older German guy who loves history, travel and lots of laughs. Before this crazy coronavirus, we would usually have dinner at one of our homes about every six weeks. For just being a "country boy", I've been blessed in meeting a lot of people who just move up here to slow down their lives.

by HighRoller
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   291  
Rookie

safer wrote:Action Jack, another Whittier Alum and frat bro is a gynocologist and lives on Lake of The Pines just north of Auburn. He is half French and half Canadian Indian (related to Canuck maybe? :o ). He lives on a point on the lake with a real totem pole right near the water. Anyone who has ever been there would know where it is.
Bob Carl, I can't really claim to be a wine snob, but my "Cheers Bar" is the Hitching Post ll in Buellton (think the movie "Sideways"). I get dinner and insults there for the same price you get dinner ;) The staff is like family and they give me shit too.
I moved up here in '78 and have met a lot of fun and interesting people. Efrem Zimbalist Jr lived next door for the last 19 years of his life and we became super close friends. Truly an awesome, humble guy and yes, the ladies ALL just swooned over that handsome man...even at 95! Another drinking bud, Bob (I've nicknamed him "Bobito" because we went on Rotary humanitarian trips to Mexico) joined our Rotary club and then I learned he was THE chief electrical engineer for something called the Space Station...yeah, that one. Smart fucker, that Bobito! He's an older guy who makes the world's best Lemonccello and he has a 10 acre Syrah vineyard about 2 miles from mine. He's an older German guy who loves history, travel and lots of laughs. Before this crazy coronavirus, we would usually have dinner at one of our homes about every six weeks. For just being a "country boy", I've been blessed in meeting a lot of people who just move up here to slow down their lives.

What a fun story!

We are not far from slowing down our lives. I dream of living out my years like that.

• 4 / 4
37 posts Jun 17 2024