104 posts
  • 4 / 11
 by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:i think miscommunication caused the pick, woods stopped, seemingly trying to settle into the zone, but goff clearly didn't expect it and instead led woods.

Didn't you post that end zone field level view of that play? Shows it clearly.

by ziggy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   597  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Show how fast 'real-time' football is. Easy to quarterback with slo-mo and replays. In the stadium, and even in that short clip (when you get Goff's angle) you can see the Woods stopped short, for sure. Most like error in planned route running, but if Goff and Woods were better in sync (maybe not under pressure) they should adjust to ball trajectory. It doesn't always go your way, but in this case, definitely a tragic result. Good thing our D was playing lights out.

Otherwise, Goff was throwing well, I saw lots of incompletes that were low on purpose so that they could not be intercepted. He's definitely showing some of the '18 Goff instead of the '19 era Goff. I think we're gonna play tough here on out.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Looks like a bad throw to me, kind of took off on him. Maybe his follow thru was cut short, but man he had Woods

by PARAM
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Looks like a bad throw to me, kind of took off on him. Maybe his follow thru was cut short, but man he had Woods

They showed a lower end zone angle during the game and it seemed like had Woods kept going, he's got it in stride. But who knows? Was it a bad throw, a bad route or just miscommunication?

by ziggy
4 years 6 months ago
Veteran

My guess, based on circumstances... Woods ran the correct route. Goff got unexpected pressure from Griffin. Decided at that moment he needed to throw over Griffin (in case of hands). The caused the ball to go 'over' and maybe to the right of the Woods route. Had he thrown to the left, that would have correctly thrown Woods 'open' and the correct decision if Woods was the man. And/or not corrected his throw and just gun it to woods, but that gives Griffin an opportunity to bat it down or tip it.

by ziggy
4 years 6 months ago
Veteran

BTW, one other thing to notice. Quandre Diggs definitely does not believe in our Oline.
Because if he did and Goff had maybe 10s more of pressure free reads, Cooks was running open for a sure TD because Diggs got greedy (and correctly) with his read.

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
Veteran

Collinsworth said that if it was man coverage Woods should have kept going and if it was zone then he should’ve held up, but Woods was uncovered off the line, clearly he saw it differently than Goff.

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Kid Charlamagne wrote:Collinsworth said that if it was man coverage Woods should have kept going and if it was zone then he should’ve held up, but Woods was uncovered off the line, clearly he saw it differently than Goff.

yep.

• 4 / 11
104 posts Jun 17 2024