291 posts
  • 28 / 30
 by /zn/
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6807  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:WTF are you talking about?

Have a great day!

The comment "you not so much."

We don;t have any real conflict so let's just be at peace. Fair enough?

by /zn/
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote::D :D it is Christmas. Z can rant about no QB wins and losses all he wants, and the rest of us (along with virtually everyone in the NFL and the sports media) can go enjoying that REAL statistic.

Goff is now 11-11 as a starter!

I am getting 2 responses. One is that the record is a qb stat. The other is that absolutely not, no, a win is a team thing.

I always side with the latter fwiw.

by /zn/
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I was very frustrated with Goff at times during the game and he wasn't perfect by any means. His inaccuracy at times and fumbles were aggravating. But, moments like that are magnified during the heat of the game and at the end of the day, Goff led a road win with an impressive stat line.

He isn't like Manning or Brees where the whole game is on his shoulders and frankly, I'm glad. This team is balanced and has contingencies for when a defense takes something away. Goff isn't perfect but he's a helluva lot further along than any Rams fan has a right to expect and this team has just as good of a chance to go all the way as any in the playoffs.

For essentially a rookie, Goff is much more involved and further along than say, Roethlisberger was when Pittsburgh carried him to a SB win. If we do win it all maybe it won't be all because of Goff but he'll be a lot more integral than Ben or Brady were in their first runs IMO.

I agree with a lot of that, but also to me he DID come through in a clutch situation---if he doesn;t do that, the defense doesn;t have a lead to defend as the 4th ticked away. And Kupp made a really spectacular catch there. Those are good signs. It says a lot about both players. It; also the case that Goff made some crucial throws in the Rams final drive to maintain possession of the ball as long as possible (talking about the 2 13 yarders on 3rd down) . That drive killed nearly 4 minutes.

Added by edit. I just looked and here's what PFF said about Mariota in that game:

There was plenty to like about Mariota but it was jarring that he lacked the poise of the more inexperienced quarterback opposite him.

by dieterbrock
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:I am getting 2 responses. One is that the record is a qb stat. The other is that absolutely not, no, a win is a team thing.

I always side with the latter fwiw.

But 4th quarter comeback is a qb stat?

by Stranger
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:300 + 4td / O int's > not ready.

Yup, I really don't get this thread at all.

• We're back in Los Angeles
  • We're playing at the Coliseum
  • We just cremated the Seahags in Seattle
  • We have 11 wins with one game to go
  • We won the NFCW West
  • Our RB is in the mix for MVP
  • We have a 21yr-old? QB who is playing very well
  • We have the youngest HC in the league
  • We're loaded with talent at all corners of the field
  • And we're about to move into probably the world's best stadium

Please slap me, but is there anything to complain about?

by /zn/
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:Yup, I really don't get this thread at all.

Please slap me, but is there anything to complain about?

No one was complaining about anything though. Well posters were complaining about each other. Sometimes even with a fair reason. 8-) But no one was complaining about the Rams.

by Stranger
6 years 5 months ago
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:No one was complaining about anything though. Well posters were complaining about each other. Sometimes even with a fair reason. 8-) But no one was complaining about the Rams.

:)

by /zn/
6 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote::)

I assume that means you agree.

I don;t know if they can go through 2 road playoff games after the home game and reach and win a superbowl this year.

But regardless of that, this is a great start.

by ramsman34
6 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8671  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I vote we put this thread to bed and revisit after we win the Super Bowl. And let’s not attack each other please. We all share the same love. We all have witnessed a remarkable season that is NOW really getting started. We all have waited and suffered for up to 14 years - waiting for this.

If Jared needs to be clutch, he will be. If the D needs to stop them, they will, if TG3 needs 250 yds and multiple TDs, he will get them. If the STs need to win the game - including Mr. Are you Ficken Serious- they will.

Our team has a LEGIT shot at the Super Bowl.

Let that sink in a minute. Think back to this time last year and let that sink in a minute

Love my Ram bothers and sisters. I will see you at someone’s tailgate next Sunday, just let me know where, and we will enjoy this last game then strap in for one helluva post season ride.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

by Stranger
6 years 5 months ago
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:I assume that means you agree.

I don;t know if they can go through 2 road playoff games after the home game and reach and win a superbowl this year.

But regardless of that, this is a great start.

We're 7-1 on the road this season. I'd say chances are reasonable. And I'd also say McVay won't lose to either Viqueens or Beagles twice in the same season.

WRT your earlier comment, I just thought it was funny.

• 28 / 30
291 posts Jun 26 2024