487 posts
  • 24 / 49
 by ramsman34
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9041  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

It’s true, they have a lot of flexibility and the draft is strong in their areas of need, if not a little light at blue chip edge. I do think they will be trade active. Only 3 weeks and we will find out. I think they believe the roster is much better than at this time last year and they can afford to be more aggressive. Even if it means making fewer than 11 picks. Meaning they can trade up in the first second and/or third. But again, they rank players differently than mocks/fans. So who knows where they think the players they like will be picked. And that is what drives how they move around. Gonna be interesting for sure.

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12401  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:It’s true, they have a lot of flexibility and the draft is strong in their areas of need, if not a little light at blue chip edge. I do think they will be trade active. Only 3 weeks and we will find out. I think they believe the roster is much better than at this time last year and they can afford to be more aggressive.

Yeah, didn't we have like 40 guys signed at this time last year?

ramsman34 wrote:Even if it means making fewer than 11 picks. Meaning they can trade up in the first second and/or third. But again, they rank players differently than mocks/fans. So who knows where they think the players they like will be picked. And that is what drives how they move around. Gonna be interesting for sure.

Not only do they rank players differently but they also rank needs differently than mocks/fans.

Gonna be interesting for a lot of reasons. It's always interesting. It's more interesting because we have a first round pick. It's more interesting because we're coming off an "unexpected" 10-7 season instead of an "unexpected" 5-12 season. :D

by ramsman34
5 months 1 week ago

I’ll add it’s interesting as there will be no AD for the first time in forever and they still believe they are in the SB mix. The offense should come out the gate humming. The defense, a lot like last year, will be evolving at an accelerated pace, start to finish. Hopefully the offense improves heavily on their red zone conversion efficiency to help this, big chunk o’ clay defense.

STs simply have to improve, no???

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12401  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I’ll add it’s interesting as there will be no AD for the first time in forever and they still believe they are in the SB mix.

True.

ramsman34 wrote:The offense should come out the gate humming. The defense, a lot like last year, will be evolving at an accelerated pace, start to finish. Hopefully the offense improves heavily on their red zone conversion efficiency to help this, big chunk o’ clay defense.

Yes, the offense should. I'd say the defense should be as good as last year. We had Witherspoon, Fuller and JJ and our young guys. This year we have DWill, TWhite and Curl as well as our young guys, who will be more experienced.

ramsman34 wrote:STs simply have to improve, no???

Can they get much worse?

by ramsman34
5 months 1 week ago

I’m putting together my “pods” of players at positions of perceived need. There are more edge players than I first thought. All of them, except Latu need work on “pro” areas of their game. But all have a number of pro ready tools.

by ramsman34
5 months 1 week ago

I’m calling my shot, so to speak. The Rams will trade up and select one of the top LTs or one of the top WRs. Think Alt, Fashanu, Harrison Jr., Odunze, Nabors, or Thomas. They are going to load up to dominate on Offense and coach up talented, developing - and here’s the key - lower costing, young players on defense. They will have vets at all level and player who can teach the “Rams Way” to the new guys.

There are quality players at edge, DL, ILB, CB, and Safety that can be had in rounds 2-5 and even in the 6th. The Rams will be moving around to get the 8-9 players they really want. In no order: WR, Edge, DL, OT, CB, RB, K, ILB. I don’t believe they will make 11 picks.

They will still be able to make moves in FA as well by using restructures if necessary.

That’s my take and I am sticking to it.

by snackdaddy
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9800  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I have no idea what they will do. McSnead can be hard to predict. They actually did have a first round pick entering the 2019 draft. But they traded down for more picks. They traded up for Goff. Gave up firsts for Cooks, Ramsey and Stafford. Stood pat at 36 and took Avila.

For the future I'd like to see them pick either an edge or DT. Myself, I'd be leaning towards Murphy or Newton. You can't replace an Aaron Donald but getting a guy who fits the position could help the edges we have. And there might be a decent edge guy in the next round.

by actionjack
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Per PARAM

Yes, the offense should. I'd say the defense should be as good as last year. We had Witherspoon, Fuller and JJ and our young guys. This year we have DWill, TWhite and Curl as well as our young guys, who will be more experienced.

So no impact to defense with no AD? Unless we had some major pass rush, I think the defense takes a small step back at min.

by actionjack
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Nick Baumgardner from the athletic is out with a 3 round mock.
I like this draft..

R1 - Rams trade #19 & 52 to get the 12th pick and select Dallas Turner (best edge in the draft)
R2 traded
R3 Kyree Jackson CB Oregon
R3 Spencer Ratler QB SC

by ramsman34
5 months 1 week ago

actionjack wrote:Nick Baumgardner from the athletic is out with a 3 round mock.
I like this draft..

R1 - Rams trade #19 & 52 to get the 12th pick and select Dallas Turner (best edge in the draft)
R2 traded
R3 Kyree Jackson CB Oregon
R3 Spencer Ratler QB SC

Rattler is the only QB I’d take and the 3rd is about right. Jackson is a BIG/Long corner. And if they trade up and don’t take LT or WR, Turner is a pretty awesome edge player and difference maker. Not how I think it goes, but wouldn’t be mad if it went this way.

• 24 / 49
487 posts Sep 18 2024