487 posts
  • 23 / 49
 by actionjack
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4252  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Good point about Stafford and locking in on particular guys. They said, would it surprise you if the got a stud at WR or LT? Not me. But it could all be BS rumors/smokescreens and they want to load up on as much cheap talent on defense as possible. 21 days and we start to find out!!

I wish they held the damn draft earlier, waiting until the end of April is torture.
And yep the Rams often surprise so who knows, a longterm LT does makes sense, but I feel they only do that if they feel an impact defensive player is already gone.

From what I am hearing is Edge is pretty ordinary in this draft after the top 4 guys.

Honestly I really want Murphy/Verse/Mitchell/Arnold/Latu (still scares me). If none of these guys are available and a good OT is take him or trade down.

by Elvis
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   39531  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

actionjack wrote:I wish they held the damn draft earlier, waiting until the end of April is torture.
And yep the Rams often surprise so who knows, a longterm LT does makes sense, but I feel they only do that if they feel an impact defensive player is already gone.

From what I am hearing is Edge is pretty ordinary in this draft after the top 4 guys.

Honestly I really want Murphy/Verse/Mitchell/Arnold/Latu (still scares me). If none of these guys are available and a good OT is take him or trade down.

Ha. 3 weeks from today.

The Rams have been pretty open that they're going to use the draft to address the defense. I'm inclined to believe them. Of course they could be bluffing (to some extent) and, as always, it depends on how the draft actually shakes out. And that's something no one can know...

by ramman2999
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   613  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

It aint gonna be Jackson Powers. They aint drafting Jackson Powers.

Steve Avilla will be the starting Center for the Los Angeles Rams next season.

by BobCarl
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4354  
Superstar

ramman2999 wrote:Steve Avilla will be the starting Center for the Los Angeles Rams next season.

Yes, that has already been established and confirmed by the Rams.

Nevertheless .... Steve Avilla did an awesome job at LG in 2023 ... prove me wrong.

by ramsman34
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9028  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:Ha. 3 weeks from today.

The Rams have been pretty open that they're going to use the draft to address the defense. I'm inclined to believe them. Of course they could be bluffing (to some extent) and, as always, it depends on how the draft actually shakes out. And that's something no one can know...

I’m sure they will. They have 11 picks as of now. I’m just not so sure it will be at 19 or even in the first round. Again, we should ask ourselves, how closely rated are these top defensive prospects to each other? Almost every position on D is one of “need” except maybe safety and to a lesser extent, ILB. So there are going to be quality players available on defense in the first 3 rounds and those players mostly will have similar “grades”. The Rams target smart football players who love the game and they look for specific traits that fit their schemes. The can find them all over the draft.

So I don’t doubt there will be a lot more defenders chosen overall. I just think if the Rams want a big time difference maker in the first round, the offensive side of the ball might have more and a higher quality of that type of player.

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12399  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

If they trade up, they will have less than 11 picks. I'm hoping if they trade up anywhere, it's in the 2nd. Get into the top 50 by only giving up #52 and 1 pick.

Defensive needs : Edge, CB, ILB, DT
Offensive needs: RB, T, C, WR
Special Teams: PK, KR

If the WR they take has return experience, they'd only need 9 picks to get those positions.

I wouldn't think they take a G or a S but what do I know?

by BrooklynRam74
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   277  
Rookie

AD says we need EDGE. That's good enough for me. Latu or Verse or Chop at 19. Case. Closed.

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

BrooklynRam74 wrote:AD says we need EDGE. That's good enough for me. Latu or Verse or Chop at 19. Case. Closed.

AD, every talking head and practically every Ram fan! The question is, does management?

by BrooklynRam74
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   277  
Rookie

PARAM wrote:AD, every talking head and practically every Ram fan! The question is, does management?

Management gets to "veto" us. After seeing that 2023 Draft which is quite possibly a Top 10 all time team draft, all teams included, especially being MINUS a 1st Rounder, I now give McSnead the benefit of all doubts.

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

The Rams could do almost anything.

If they wanted to get one of the top edge prospects.
They could trade up (Indy at #15?). Would cost us our #83 pick. If we had our eyes on somebody projected to go there (Latu) or who slipped down to there (Turner)

If they wanted to go DT or WR.
They could trade down (Dallas at #24). Would gain us another third (#87) with some swaps later in the draft.

They could stay put at #19 and move up in the 2nd. The thing is, to move up 4 spots in the first would cost more than moving up 10 spots in the 2nd. They could surely get 2 studs at #19 and #42.

Or #24 (in a trade down), #42 and still have #83, #87 (as part of that trade down). #99 would get them up 10 spots in the 2nd. They could change 19, 52, 83 and 99 for 24, 42, 83 and 87. That's moving down 5 in the first, up 10 in the 2nd and up 12 in the 3rd. Lotsa scenarios.

BTW, either of those scenarios would give them the 4 highest picks ever in the McVay era. Better than they currently possess, which is the 4 highest picks ever in the McVay era. :D

• 23 / 49
487 posts Sep 16 2024