34 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We don't really know anything for sure, just what's being put out there.

But yeah, i thought about that too. As Spanos' hand gets weaker he bluffs harder.

So what's to stop Kroenke from making a deal with Davis?

Well if Spanos really has the owners on his side, probably wouldn't change many votes. Davis has no clout of his own. And the implications of this whole thing is Spanos is confident Davis is solidly with him.

So why aren't we hearing anything from the Rams? I'm guessing it's because they still like their position just fine...

by moklerman
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:So let me ask this, since you guys are more in the know.
Since Spanos has made it clear that he wont deal with Kroenke, what's stopping Stan from dealing with Davis? Its the perfect scenario for the Raiders really, they dont have money and Stan does. So if Davis realizes that Spanos would leave him in the lurches in a minute, why not do whats best for his team and make the deal?
Raiders and Rams back in LA?
Eff Spanos
What I wonder, is what's best for the league? Do the other owners really want to see 2-3 cities lose their teams all at once? Seems unlikely. Rams to LA works for many reasons AND it keeps the leverage game going. If the league puts a 2nd team in the Kroenke palace, that's it, LA as leverage is over.

I guess SD would be a plum for relocation too so maybe that's what they're planning but I have a hard time seeing so many teams all allowed to move.

by dieterbrock
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:What I wonder, is what's best for the league? Do the other owners really want to see 2-3 cities lose their teams all at once? Seems unlikely. Rams to LA works for many reasons AND it keeps the leverage game going. If the league puts a 2nd team in the Kroenke palace, that's it, LA as leverage is over.

I guess SD would be a plum for relocation too so maybe that's what they're planning but I have a hard time seeing so many teams all allowed to move.

Great points

All the more reason to move the Rams, have a handshake deal with the Raiders.
Have the Rams move to LA for 2016, occupy the stadium for 2017 and move the Raiders move in 2018. Then Oakland gets a 2 year window to keep the team there (With the NFL help)

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The 2 participants silent in the relocatIon saga are thr Rams and the Raiders. SD makin noise. = SD in weakest or most out of control position.

by sloramfan
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

now im beginning to see the light...and I think the nail has been hit on the head...
if spanos wants to play hardball with balls of steel ESK, then why nothave stan make a deal with the raiders?..
spanos wants to slap ESK across the face with a no way attitude?..then f-him...make the deal with the raiders...
go to LA next year and bring the raiders in in 2018...
everyone wins(sounds like the ridiculous STL take right?)...
keep poking a sleeping dragon spanos you twit...

go rams

slo

by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:The 2 participants silent in the relocatIon saga are thr Rams and the Raiders. SD makin noise. = SD in weakest or most out of control position.

Absolutely. He has to.

I agree with what sloramfan just said....Spanos is like a two year old. It annoys me that Spanos treats San Diego so blatantly bad, and yet all Stan does is be silent and is viewed worse. One thing that seems certain from both of their behaviors is that neither St. Louis or San Diego are relevant. The only way the city will matter is if the owner decides they do.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Point well taken. It's about the owners. . Reality, neither owner ESK or Spanblows is playing nice to their fans. ESK is getting public heat for it. For some reason Spanblows seems to be getting a hall pass. Give me a break. None of this shit makes any sense at all.
That's why I believe this is all a sokescreen too. Do what you can while you can and let the chips fall where they may.
Rams to Inglewood has the most chips.

by snackdaddy
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9707  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Point well taken. It's about the owners. . Reality, neither owner ESK or Spanblows is playing nice to their fans. ESK is getting public heat for it. For some reason Spanblows seems to be getting a hall pass. Give me a break. None of this shit makes any sense at all.
That's why I believe this is all a sokescreen too. Do what you can while you can and let the chips fall where they may.
Rams to Inglewood has the most chips.

That's what I'm thinking. All the back and forth is just to blow hot air and muddy the waters. When it comes down to reality, the NFL needs LA and the Rams to LA is the best fit for the league. Everyone involved knows that.

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

If the NFL and the Chargers are determined to move. IMO the smart move in the long run for everyone(including Spanos) would be to build the Chargers there own state of the art stadium in O.C. There will be no problem filling luxury boxes in the O.C. market, and you corner S.D. And Move the Rams to Inglewood as planned. Makes too much sense. Never happen.

• 3 / 4
34 posts Jun 17 2024