46 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by moklerman
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Thought I read that Fassel will be interim.

Ding dong, the Fish is dead.

by HAL 9000
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

Who says Kroenke doesn't have a heart? He saved Fisher from himself from being the losingest coach ever. Now tied at 165.

by martini14810
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   36  
United States of America   La Mirada
Undrafted Free Agent

Do you think they fired him now so that a Rams coach didn't have the record for the most losses?

by Gareth
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

OUCH!!! I especially like the line about excuses.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8363/jeff-fisher
In a cruel, ironic twist for the NFL's pre-eminent loser, the firing comes three days before he was set to pass Dan Reeves for the most coaching losses in league history. Fisher is so inept he can't even claim the record that's been his destiny for over a decade. The firing is perhaps the most justified of the modern era. Fisher has had five years to turn around a laughingstock franchise, but instead made it an even bigger joke. Fisher's team had truly made zero progress on his first year in 2012. A wanton waster of draft picks and capital, Fisher is clueless on Sundays, fundamentally misunderstanding offense and overseeing a cavalcade of idiotic penalties. Fisher doesn't make adjustments, aside from usually dialing up more personal fouls in the second half. Try as he may, he never came close to "cleaning up" his chronic, myriad, inexcusable mistakes. No coach, in any sport anywhere in the world, makes more excuses. Fisher has almost certainly coached his final NFL game.

by moklerman
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

martini14810 wrote:Do you think they fired him now so that a Rams coach didn't have the record for the most losses?
No, but he does have the record. Most losses by a HC. He shares it, but he has the most losses ever.

by rams74
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1502  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

HighRoller wrote:I am mixed about this. I like the guy.

But this team needed this change. I know Stan had made up his mind a short time after the game yesterday. This is all him. It is the feeling that Stan wanted to get through the holidays in respect for Jeff. But a meeting didn't go well after the game.

You clearly have a good source. Can you share any other details? Like, anything else about this meeting?

by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

"However, this is the right time to make a change as our performance has not lived up to my or our fans' expectations. We all are focused on improving as an organization and building a team that makes Los Angeles proud. Our mission is to celebrate a Super Bowl title with our fans in Los Angeles. Today is the first step to bringing us closer to that goal."

ouch.

by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
Hall of Fame

geesh, a guy can't go out for a sandwich without his football world changing, awfully good news to come back to after a my lunch break!

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10606  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Good riddance. Thank goodness. See ya later. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

by Stranger
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:geesh, a guy can't go out for a sandwich without his football world changing, awfully good news to come back to after a my lunch break!

Things are definitely going our way. It's been a rough road, but I can't complain. All of the steps are being taken to turn us into a Global Brand to be proud of. I think we'll get there, and will be rewarded handsomely for all of our lifelong loyalty.

• 3 / 5
46 posts Jul 01 2024