46 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10606  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Is Harbaugh really a pro coach? Does the "red ass" coaching style work with millionaires in 2017? I think his style is better suited for the college game.

Leave him in Ann Arbor.

by HAL 9000
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:Is Harbaugh really a pro coach? Does the "red ass" coaching style work with millionaires in 2017? I think his style is better suited for the college game.

Leave him in Ann Arbor.

You question a guy that just left the NFL 5 minutes ago? A coach that took a losing team, in one year, to within one game of the SB, ended up in the SB the second year and took the team to the conference finals three of his four years...... and you question whether he is a pro coach?

C'mon-man.

As far as I am concerned, they should pay him whatever it takes.

Do it Mitch.....

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

HAL 9000 wrote:You question a guy that just left the NFL 5 minutes ago? A coach that took a losing team, in one year, to within one game of the SB, ended up in the SB the second year and took the team to the conference finals three of his four years...... and you question whether he is a pro coach?

C'mon-man.

As far as I am concerned, they should pay him whatever it takes.

Do it Mitch.....

But will Harbaugh want to walk away from Michigan even if offered a mountain of money?

At least Stan is hands off as compared to the Yorks.

by HAL 9000
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:But will Harbaugh want to walk away from Michigan even if offered a mountain of money?

At least Stan is hands off as compared to the Yorks.
Would he take the offer? Probably not.. but at least you try. Paying him will be well worth it to give LA a instant winner. Your second point is a good one, If I were a coach I would certainly consider a non meddling owner over an owner like a Jerry Jones/Schneider type. Maybe Harbaugh would consider this too.

by actionjack
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:when ya put it that way, harbaugh does sound a lot more appealing to a guy like me who can't stand the guy.....

fwiw:

the niners ranked 25th in offensive scoring the year before harbaugh arrived, and 21st the year before that... in harbaugh's first year on the job the niners move to 12th in offensive scoring, 11th the next season, and 12th again his 3rd season. :shock:

Yes he took a talented team that was under performing and turned it around, hope he could do the same here. He is going to kick them in the arse thats for sure.

by BrendanOC6
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   89  
United States of America   OC
Practice Squad

As a Notre Dame and Ram fan, I hate Harbaugh with the fire of 1,000 suns.

What he has accomplished at UCSD/Stanford/Niners/UM in amazing quick fashion might make him the the best football coach on the planet.

I also suspect he has a personality disorder which makes "real life" tough for people around him.

I have no doubt that he could change this team into a 10 win team within a year or two.

by aeneas1
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Yes he took a talented team that was under performing and turned it around, hope he could do the same here. He is going to kick them in the arse thats for sure.

he took over an underperforming defense, a defense that ranked 6th best in offensive points allowed just two seasons before he arrived, but the offense sucked, he and roman turned it around big time...

so what's the deal, did the rams secretly land harbaugh before they axed fisher?

by RedAlice
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:
so what's the deal, did the rams secretly land harbaugh before they axed fisher?

I'm wondering that too. Rumors are heating up all over .

----

Eric Dickerson followed Jim Harbaugh on Twitter immediately after Fisher firing

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/12 ... -harbaugh/

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:he took over an underperforming defense, a defense that ranked 6th best in offensive points allowed just two seasons before he arrived, but the offense sucked, he and roman turned it around big time...

Like I asked elsewhere, is Harbaugh allowed to even talk to a NFL team right now?

by maxxx power
7 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1015  
United States of America   Norcal
Pro Bowl

BrendanOC6 wrote: I hate Harbaugh with the fire of 1,000 suns.
I have no doubt that he could change this team into a 10 win team within a year or two.

I agree with you on both these points.

I would take this histrionics to be contending for a title. Is there any fan who wouldnt?

• 3 / 5
46 posts Jul 01 2024