26 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by max
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Yup. That opener against Seattle was an outlier.

Foles was bad against the Skins and Pitt, then had another outlier in AZ, although that game was Gurley's coming out party and the Rams don't win it without Gurley taking over in the 2nd half.

Then the Packers game happened and Foles was done. That game just finished him off.

by SpeedRacer
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   389  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I want at least 1 "victory" in Practice Games. I just don't want to have them deliver an Oh Fer. After that, I don't care. I watch the games to see what young players flash. So this week it was Higs and Spruce.

Unfortunately Thomas was the opposite.

I'd like to see the O deliver a couple good drives over the 4 games. Not asking much.

Go Rams!

by snackdaddy
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9707  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

There's an old saying. You play like you practice. Maybe instead of going vanilla with everything they should try and work on some plays occasionally to get better at it. If you wait till the regular season to unveil certain plays, the other team might not be ready for it, but you might not be either because its the first time you tried it in a real game situation.

by dieterbrock
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:
dieterbrock wrote:
BuiltRamTough wrote:People said the offense looked bad in camp last year in STL.

I went to camp in Oxnard and they looked bad.

They looked bad in preseason.

Then in the regular season they were the worst in all of football.

Except they weren't bad at the beginning of the year when they scored 34 against Seattle

I think that game and the 1st Cardinals game was a fluke. Foles looked awesome in those games. I don't know what happened to him man it was so weird.

It's like midnight stroke and he turned back into a pumpkin.

Well, what I am thinking (hoping, praying) is that the offense wasn't a fluke in those games, just Foles play was.
So adding a top QB like Goff eliminates the "fluke" from the equation....

by max
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:
BuiltRamTough wrote:
dieterbrock wrote:Except they weren't bad at the beginning of the year when they scored 34 against Seattle

I think that game and the 1st Cardinals game was a fluke. Foles looked awesome in those games. I don't know what happened to him man it was so weird.

It's like midnight stroke and he turned back into a pumpkin.

Well, what I am thinking (hoping, praying) is that the offense wasn't a fluke in those games, just Foles play was.
So adding a top QB like Goff eliminates the "fluke" from the equation....

Here's what may be different for Goff...

A better OL, with better health, improved play by GRob and the 2nd year guys.

Gurley almost 2 years from his ACL surgery.

Higbee.

by aeneas1
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

yep, preseason is meaningless in terms of how teams or players will fare once the real games start, and it only makes sense, just look at last weekend's game, the rams offensive and defensive starters played just 17% of available snaps... previous years' performance, offseason additions/subtractions and estimated strength of schedule are better gauges... i'm guessing the cards aren't going to get whipped at home too often in 2016.

• 3 / 3
26 posts Jun 16 2024