30 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by snackdaddy
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9719  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:There's definitely a downside argument to be made. A lot of pundits have us winning around 5 games. Early Vegas odds have us favored in only 5 games.

Of course there's also an upside argument to be made...

Yeah, I don't understand why the pundits are so down on our chances. We have a defense that could be top 5. We have an elite running back. An ascending offensive line. And we've pretty much been a 7 win team with poor quarterback play. I would think most would have us at no lower than 7 wins.

I wonder if they're thinking a rookie quarterback equals less wins? Or the defensive losses. I honestly don't see us downgraded at MLB or LDE with the loss of JL and Long. Long is nothing more than a rotational depth player with average skills at this point in his career. JL had plenty of limitations. They were leaders, but they were leaders on a team that never had winning seasons with them.

I can see the loss of Jenkins. He was a good cover corner. Not elite, but good nonetheless. I don't see it with McLeod. I never thought he was anything more than a journeyman FS who benefited from being on a good overall defense. Overall, the losses don't seem to be that impactful. Maybe I'm being a Rams homer, but I just don't see us taking a step back like others think.

by majik
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1210  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

If Vegas is setting the Rams over under at 5 wins I will be on that like a flea on a dog

by Elvis
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

majik wrote:If Vegas is setting the Rams over under at 5 wins I will be on that like a flea on a dog

More like 7 in Vegas...

by dieterbrock
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:
Elvis wrote:There's definitely a downside argument to be made. A lot of pundits have us winning around 5 games. Early Vegas odds have us favored in only 5 games.

Yeah, I don't understand why the pundits are so down on our chances. We have a defense that could be top 5. We have an elite running back. An ascending offensive line. And we've pretty much been a 7 win team with poor quarterback play. I would think most would have us at no lower than 7 wins.

I wonder if they're thinking a rookie quarterback equals less wins? Or the defensive losses. I honestly don't see us downgraded at MLB or LDE with the loss of JL and Long. Long is nothing more than a rotational depth player with average skills at this point in his career. JL had plenty of limitations. They were leaders, but they were leaders on a team that never had winning seasons with them.

I can see the loss of Jenkins. He was a good cover corner. Not elite, but good nonetheless. I don't see it with McLeod. I never thought he was anything more than a journeyman FS who benefited from being on a good overall defense. Overall, the losses don't seem to be that impactful. Maybe I'm being a Rams homer, but I just don't see us taking a step back like others think.

I agree completely, don't even need to waste time typing

by Hacksaw
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

dieterbrock wrote:
snackdaddy wrote:

I agree completely, don't even need to waste time typing

Second that. I mentioned this in another thread. Unless us guys are all overly confident buffoons who know nothing about football and are missing something, this is a team who most agree are a few players away. I know there are those who specialize in the analytics and make a career out of this stuff but c'mon,,,,, everything snackdad said is true. I can't wrap my head the low ranking either. The move? I think coming to LA would be energizing for them. It's freakin' nice. It also get's them out of their comfort zone,, a sort of us against them thing. Being on HBOTV right out of the gate and the deal Gurley got must open their eyes and make them feel that special SoCal thing. No offense but they aren't near Kansas anymore Toto.
We have a lot of young higher pick guys, A new #1 QB. Defensive swag. Kickass kicker.
I chalk some of it up to the same old sorry ass pun-ditz (SOSAP) .

Still these guys need to get strong and work harder than everybody else and they will win. Work hard and even you can overcome mediocrity. I hope the move energizes them and the coaches show us what they really got...

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

It's amazing how uninformed some of these so called experts are, but they still think the Rams will win around 7 to 8 games.

The Rams talk starts 13 minutes into the video.

by snackdaddy
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9719  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

RamsFanSince82 wrote:It's amazing how uninformed some of these so called experts are, but they still think the Rams will win around 7 to 8 games.

The Rams talk starts 13 minutes into the video.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if they haven't done any actual research and they're going by last year's team and the reputation of guys they lost. And did I hear that guy say JL was a monster MLB? That alone would ruin his credibility.

They're saying the offensive line will be bad. They're were the best in the league in sacks allowed and weren't terrible in overall protection. Middle of the pack in hits and hurries. I think they're going by past history there too. The line was a problem for years. But this line is young and its reasonable to expect improvement over last year. I mean, can GRob be any worse than he was early last year.

Again, maybe I'm a Rams homer and can't see what others see. But I think we're a quarterback away from a winning season and possibly playoffs.

by Hacksaw
8 years 3 weeks ago

So the dude with the glasses says things like, "losing JL who was a monster at LB", a "still bad O-line" as if he knows something, "no depth at D-line" and suggesting D-line only has Aaron Donald, or regarding early start times in eastern games, he and his friend agree, "that won't matter much, they're not a west coast team, they are from StLouis".. Like they haven't acclimated to PDT.. :?

They also admitted, they don't know what's going to happen,,, over or under last years total wins. That I believe to be very true. The they don't know part.
I get that they are talking betting and going by history, so it's no wonder, but...

by RamHard
8 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   63  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Another important intangible that is never mentioned and will help this team is that now they have the return of the 12th man. The last few years in StL attendance was a joke and an embarrassment to the NFL. Throw in the fact that half that crowd were cheering for the visitors teams...

LA will sellout and will once again provide the team with that energy and fan enthusiasm missing for too long.

by Hacksaw
6 years 6 months ago

An interesting re-read all this time later. So glad we are where we are..

So what is happening with RRF these days? When these posts were relevant, that place was humming along..
1.JPG

• 3 / 3
30 posts Jul 03 2024