40 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by safer
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1323  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

No one else thinks our 3-4 D scheme is a major factor in our poor performances?

by ramsman34
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   9188  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Not the scheme. But, some of the calls. And the personnel but that is what it is. The execution really is the biggest problem.

by safer
1 week 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1323  
Pro Bowl

Actually what upsets me most is that we've lost three, one score games (out of the 4 losses) where coaching has been a huge factor. We rarely roll Matthew out, and D's know where to pass rush to, rather than having to play honest. Our Oline has not played very well in protecting our QB either. I'd like to see our O do more quick, shorter routes so that we can get the ball out earlier. When we started doing that on our last drive we went right down the field and then started doing deeper routes that got Matthew sacked. Man, we have had a lot of bad things happen when Matthew holds on to the ball toooo long.
I'm fine with who we drafted, and think they are good additions. The Lions game was our best played game this year. This year, there is more parity in the league than ever before.
a 9-8 team, and maybe an 8-9 team will make the playoffs. It's not over yet.............

by snackdaddy
1 week 10 hours ago
 Total posts:   9828  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

We can throw out stats to show the Rams aren't that bad. And we can throw out stats to show the Rams really are that bad. Bottom line, they're 1-4. That is bad. Why are they 1-4? The answer to that is subjective. To me to bottom line is they haven't figured out a way to win winnable games. Detroit was winnable. SF was a win. Chicago and Green Bay they had a shot.

We could say they should be 4-1. But there are plenty of examples teams with bad records that lost a lot of one score games. Teams that never figured out how the make enough plays to turn it around. Week after week they come up short. We could be one of those. While help may eventually come for the offense there is no one coming to help the defense. The calvary is not on the way.

by azramsfan93
6 days 18 hours ago
 Total posts:   1528  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

It was not a tough guess... NFL.com power rankings have us at 27. That feels about right. Let's see what happens against the Raiders. I am hopeful but not at all confident.

azramsfan93 wrote:NFL.com had us at 23 before this loss at home. I agree that no one will rate us at 32… most likely around 27 or 28.

The bandwagon is looking like a slippery slope. 1-4 with 4 conference losses is a really deep hole to dig out of….

I acknowledge your inability to back up your confidence with an argument.

by azramsfan93
6 days 17 hours ago
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:We can throw out stats to show the Rams aren't that bad. And we can throw out stats to show the Rams really are that bad. Bottom line, they're 1-4.

To be fair, it's much easier to find stats that backup the eye test... the Rams are not a good football team.

While help may eventually come for the offense there is no one coming to help the defense. The calvary is not on the way.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Our defense is really bad. By far the worst defense fielded under McVay.

by BobCarl
6 days 17 hours ago
 Total posts:   4371  
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Also .... Good teams do.... bad teams don’t.

This is a bad team tied for ....

What is this team if it had a healthy Jonah Jackson, Steve Avila, Joseph Noteboom, Cooper Kupp, and Puka Nacua?

by ramsman34
6 days 14 hours ago

BobCarl wrote:What is this team if it had a healthy Jonah Jackson, Steve Avila, Joseph Noteboom, Cooper Kupp, and Puka Nacua?

A team who lost to Detroit week 1 in a tough game. My guess is they would be 3-2 now. Maybe 4-1. But they would have a MUCH better shot at a winning record, winning the west and making the playoffs.

by azramsfan93
6 days 10 hours ago
Pro Bowl

To quote Dandy Don, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Does anyone know when all those guys are back?

Can any of them play defense - specifically LB or DB?

BobCarl wrote:What is this team if it had a healthy Jonah Jackson, Steve Avila, Joseph Noteboom, Cooper Kupp, and Puka Nacua?

by ramsman34
6 days 2 hours ago

I think they are closer with tweaking the secondary than they are at ILB. Until they start getting other players reps, we will see the same 2 inside - and probably for a while. I’d love to see a move there for the Raiders game. Maybe some specific packages for Speights and/or Hummel.

• 3 / 4
40 posts Oct 16 2024