42 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by actionjack
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   4255  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsww wrote:K-Dot would change everything especially keeping Limmer at C. I'm just thinking McVay made a major decision moving Jackson to C. Back again to C coming into the SF game? That would be tough. If Jackson and Dotson are both healthy:

AZ week 2 SF week 3

McLendon - LT A. Jackson - LT
J. Jackson - C Limmer - L-G
Limmer- C J. Jackson- C
Dotson - RG Dotson RG
Havenstein - RT Havenstein - LT

I take those scenarios though I think Limmer stays at center.

by 69RamFan
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   3311  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Here is my prediction for our OL for week 2

Up from PS/ LT/Nsekhe (Has exp with the RAMs OL play calling in 2022)
LG/ J. Jackson
C / Limmer
RG/ Dotson or Bruss
RT/ RHav or McC

Our Backups
McMahon C
Christian T

by Rams1PlateSince1976
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2136  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

A quick fix would be to have Stafford and a RB line up in shotgun formation about 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He would have extra time to throw!

by Dare
1 week 3 days ago
 Total posts:   221  
United States of America   Tucson, AZ formerly of San Diego
Rookie

LT Nsekhe
LG J. Jackson
C Limmer
RG Dotson
RT McClendon

Against the Cardinals that should be a good enough OL.

Vs Niners:

LT A. Jackson
LG J. Jackson
C Limmer
RG Dotson
RT McClendon

That should be good enough to run most of what McVay wants to run on offense. In this game it will be won or lost by how well the defense plays. That OL is pretty much on par with what the Rams fielded in 2023. McClendon is a wash for Havenstein. Limmer is on par right now with Shelton but with a higher ceiling. The weak point will be Dotson's ankle.

Next year

LT TBD
LG Avila
C Jackson or Limmer
RG Dotson
RT McClendon

I think If Christian bulks up, strengthens and improves his technique he will have a real shot as a potential LT starter. Regardless I see that as a very good OL. McClendon has heavy feet like Havenstein, but in other respects is on par IMO.

by PARAM
1 week 2 days ago
 Total posts:   12403  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

When the schedule came out, I and a lot of Rams fans weren't happy with the early 5th week bye (the first week for byes). Now it's looking like a pretty opportune bye.

by Zen_Ronin
1 week 8 hours ago
 Total posts:   2106  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Approx. EIGHT weeks!?! And the surgery accelerated healing? Wow. Kind of feels like training camp just broke the team and the first game pushed them over the edge. Hopefully we got it all out of the way in week one.

by ramsman34
1 week 3 hours ago
 Total posts:   9055  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Zen_Ronin wrote:

Approx. EIGHT weeks!?! And the surgery accelerated healing? Wow. Kind of feels like training camp just broke the team and the first game pushed them over the edge. Hopefully we got it all out of the way in week one.

The silver lining is that the dept is better on the interior OL vs OT. We have flex at G and C with 4 players there. Once A Jax gets back, and keeping Nskhe, gives us 4 T until Boom gets back which fortifies 4 positions in the pivot.

The bummer is we are down to 2 TEs. There a 2 waiting for opps on the PS in Forristall and Kalinic. Not sure if one gets the call up.

Feeling better about the projected OL.

Hopefully the defensive guys who are dinged up are all cleared to go. AK Spoon is a seamless addition if he’s needed. We do have depth at safety/star if Lake can’t go.

Gonna be an interesting game.

by ramsman34
1 week 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   9055  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

ramsww wrote:K-Dot would change everything especially keeping Limmer at C. I'm just thinking McVay made a major decision moving Jackson to C. Back again to C coming into the SF game? That would be tough. If Jackson and Dotson are both healthy:

AZ week 2 SF week 3

McLendon - LT A. Jackson - LT
J. Jackson - C Limmer - L-G
Limmer- C J. Jackson- C
Dotson - RG Dotson RG
Havenstein - RT Havenstein - LT

Nailed the AZ take. SF? Limmer is not moving from center. Other wise spot on. And hopefully the line stays like this until we get Avila back.

by safer
6 days 11 hours ago
 Total posts:   1309  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

next draft, I'm all for moving way up in the first to get us a stud LT. I'd be fine with AJ at RT next year, if he would take a RT's salary.

Think McVay will rethink keeping our starters out for the whole preseason now? One has to wonder if getting some contact might protect them from soooo many injuries.

• 3 / 5
42 posts Sep 21 2024