32 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by ramman2999
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   572  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I just thought we let them off the hook with thier terrible DBs

I thought Puka should’ve been targeted more like keep throwing at them the DBs suck. Why does it suck? Because you know the Lions are laying an egg this weekend.

by Elvis
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38903  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramman2999 wrote:I was there at that game.

Me too.

Although it's not a perfect analogy. Detroit should've been the Rams, Rams the Falcons...

by Elvis
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   38903  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

rams1974 wrote:Also - confetti, seriously, for a wild card win. Some franchises just behave like loser franchises. That's something a loser franchise does. It's like the Saints framing Hakim's muffed punt return in their building back in the day. Good job, the high water mark of your franchise is another team's unforced error.

I fucking hate Detroit but only because i'm mad about losing.

I don't begrudge them celebrating. I'd do the same in their shoes...

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12315  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramman2999 wrote:Why does it suck? Because you know the Lions are laying an egg this weekend.

So if they don't lay an egg it won't suck? Philly gonna even win this week? How good is Tampa on the road?

by ramman2999
5 months 1 week ago
Veteran

It sucks because Detroit did everything to give us the game and we didn’t take it.

3 points in the second half.

Goff did everything to Goff. Aaron Donald bought it second half.

We just needed to score our goal line touchdowns in the second half and we win. I thought we’d win by 10.

I thought a couple of times in the goal line we could’ve went for it on 4th down.

I also thought that late hit that wasn’t called on Stafford was a joke. If we get that like we should’ve. That’s 1st and Goal on the 1 and we win on a 1yd. Touchdown. That changes the whole game. You have to throw the flag there. Makes no sense.

If that’s Mahomes does he get that flag there?

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

ramman2999 wrote:It sucks because Detroit did everything to give us the game and we didn’t take it.

3 points in the second half.

Goff did everything to Goff. Aaron Donald bought it second half.

We just needed to score our goal line touchdowns in the second half and we win. I thought we’d win by 10.

I thought a couple of times in the goal line we could’ve went for it on 4th down.

I also thought that late hit that wasn’t called on Stafford was a joke. If we get that like we should’ve. That’s 1st and Goal on the 1 and we win on a 1yd. Touchdown. That changes the whole game. You have to throw the flag there. Makes no sense.

If that’s Mahomes does he get that flag there?

Detroit showed they are a good team. They scored on their first 3 possessions. Our defense tightened up in the second half but they didn't give the ball away or do anything stupid, except for that one play by Goff. What is the "everything" that Detroit did to try and hand us the game? We lost because they scored 3 TDs and we scored 2. They settled for 1 FG, we settled for 3. Taking a step back from my rooting interest, it was a great game. Probably the best one of the weekend so far. We lost. Ho-hum. 90% of Ramsnation talked shit about them before the season and when we were 3-6. Now they're upset? This team had an excellent season, grew up before our eyes and surpassed everything we expected. According to Demoff, the goal was to be competetive in 2023, perhaps make the postseason. Check! And to challenge for the Superbowl in 2024. We'll see, but I like what I saw from the rookies and second year guys this year. And clearly, Snead and McVay did a stellar job stocking the roster with the cap space and draft picks they had or manufactured. My hope was 2022 was a mirage. A bad year due to a historical number of OL injuries. I think it's safe to say, that's true.

by actionjack
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4084  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

PARAM wrote:Detroit showed they are a good team. They scored on their first 3 possessions. Our defense tightened up in the second half but they didn't give the ball away or do anything stupid, except for that one play by Goff. What is the "everything" that Detroit did to try and hand us the game? We lost because they scored 3 TDs and we scored 2. They settled for 1 FG, we settled for 3. Taking a step back from my rooting interest, it was a great game. Probably the best one of the weekend so far. We lost. Ho-hum. 90% of Ramsnation talked shit about them before the season and when we were 3-6. Now they're upset? This team had an excellent season, grew up before our eyes and surpassed everything we expected. According to Demoff, the goal was to be competetive in 2023, perhaps make the postseason. Check! And to challenge for the Superbowl in 2024. We'll see, but I like what I saw from the rookies and second year guys this year. And clearly, Snead and McVay did a stellar job stocking the roster with the cap space and draft picks they had or manufactured. My hope was 2022 was a mirage. A bad year due to a historical number of OL injuries. I think it's safe to say, that's true.

The loss hurts because the defense didnt show up in the first half, but Stafford-Puka combo almost willed us to victory. Personally I thought Stafford and Puka performances were some of the best football I have ever saw.

Yes the game was lost in the redzone opps, but if I am being honest there line play was better on both sides of the ball.

As much we can talk about BY's sacks, I feel like those are mostly coverage sacks, I see very little threat on the edge. Hoeht is a disaster in coverage and must be replaced. I see a lot of draft capitol spent on defense with a sprinkle of offensive players. I would like to add another running back (kyren isnt very durable) and another WR (not sure where Kupp is injury wise).

Anyway it doesnt take away from a great season, we made the playoffs and barely lost to the No 3 seed.

Nothing is given, but hopefully the Rams can stay mostly healthy next season, replace some coaches and have an amazing draft and sign key free agents. Got to take advantage of Stafford as long as we can.

by ramman2999
5 months 1 week ago
Veteran

actionjack wrote:The loss hurts because the defense didnt show up in the first half, but Stafford-Puka combo almost willed us to victory. Personally I thought Stafford and Puka performances were some of the best football I have ever saw.

Yes the game was lost in the redzone opps, but if I am being honest there line play was better on both sides of the ball.

As much we can talk about BY's sacks, I feel like those are mostly coverage sacks, I see very little threat on the edge. Hoeht is a disaster in coverage and must be replaced. I see a lot of draft capitol spent on defense with a sprinkle of offensive players. I would like to add another running back (kyren isnt very durable) and another WR (not sure where Kupp is injury wise).

Anyway it doesnt take away from a great season, we made the playoffs and barely lost to the No 3 seed.

Nothing is given, but hopefully the Rams can stay mostly healthy next season, replace some coaches and have an amazing draft and sign key free agents. Got to take advantage of Stafford as long as we can.

And Donald.

by bremillard
5 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   625  
Veteran

PARAM wrote:Detroit showed they are a good team. They scored on their first 3 possessions. Our defense tightened up in the second half but they didn't give the ball away or do anything stupid, except for that one play by Goff. What is the "everything" that Detroit did to try and hand us the game? We lost because they scored 3 TDs and we scored 2. They settled for 1 FG, we settled for 3. Taking a step back from my rooting interest, it was a great game. Probably the best one of the weekend so far. We lost. Ho-hum. 90% of Ramsnation talked shit about them before the season and when we were 3-6. Now they're upset? This team had an excellent season, grew up before our eyes and surpassed everything we expected. According to Demoff, the goal was to be competetive in 2023, perhaps make the postseason. Check! And to challenge for the Superbowl in 2024. We'll see, but I like what I saw from the rookies and second year guys this year. And clearly, Snead and McVay did a stellar job stocking the roster with the cap space and draft picks they had or manufactured. My hope was 2022 was a mirage. A bad year due to a historical number of OL injuries. I think it's safe to say, that's true.

I agree(again) with you. The only "problem" I have with the loss is remarkably the Rams could have been good enough to take this season to the end. They peaked at the right time and with a break or two could have gotten to the championship game...probably in SF. That all said...the penalties not called shouldn't be an excuse. Games are officiated differently in the playoffs...like it or not they let them play. There was a no-call offsides not made and actually was called a false start against the Lions in the first half that, if called correctly, probably would have led to Detroit points. The bad calls may not have evened out but there were some that favored both teams.

by PARAM
5 months 1 week ago
Hall of Fame

bremillard wrote:There was a no-call offsides not made and actually was called a false start against the Lions in the first half that, if called correctly, probably would have led to Detroit points. The bad calls may not have evened out but there were some that favored both teams.

I agree with your entire post. But the Lions scored 7 on every possession of the first half. :D It was a gift false start though.

• 3 / 4
32 posts Jun 26 2024