36 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by RedAlice
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:IMO, if you look at both bodies of work, either winning would be the right choice. So why not have co-OROYs? Brett Favre and Barry Sanders were voted co-MVPs in 1997 as were Steve McNair and Peyton Manning in 2003. Buddy Curry and Al Richardson were voted co-DROY in 1980. How easy is it to give Stroud the OROY and diss Puka or give Puka the OROY and diss Stroud? I gotta say 'difficult'.

That’s a great idea!

by 69RamFan
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3237  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Puka has both record, and is taken out of the game.

It was funny seeing McVay saying get him out!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by RAMMAN76
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   565  
United States of America   Fort Worth TX
Veteran

by ramsman34
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8675  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

by ramsman34
5 months 3 weeks ago

RedAlice wrote:That’s a great idea!

I wonder if the voting could actually end up that way??

by RedAlice
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:Puka has both record, and is taken out of the game.

It was funny seeing McVay saying get him out!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

That was great!

by ramsman34
5 months 3 weeks ago

I normally won’t post articles behind a paywall out of respect to that organizations and best business practices. In this case, I found something very interesting about the guy Groman who held the yardage record Puka just broke. He was a scout with the Falcons and Les plus two other current Rams personnel people learned under Groman in the scouting department.

https://theathletic.com/5184707/2024/01 ... ed_article

There’s another interesting layer to Nacua’s milestone. Some senior members of the Rams’ scouting department, plus general manager Les Snead, once worked with Groman after his playing days in Atlanta.

Snead and senior personnel executives Brian Xanders and Taylor Morton learned from Groman in the Falcons scouting department and Morton ultimately was promoted to Southwest area scout upon Groman’s retirement in 2003. Groman was deeply admired by the three younger scouts.

Twenty years later, Snead, Morton and Xanders were among those with the Rams who scouted and drafted the player who broke Groman’s record. (Jourdan Rodrique, The Athletic)

by ziggy
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   597  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Speaking of the Atlantic and the 49ers mindset. Some of these quotes from Shanahan are just infuriating. The dude just does not like the Rams. Seems to not even care for sportsmanship and the kinship of football. Trying to keep a rook from records... trying to keep him in the whole game (for injuries or just wearing him out?). Come on dude...

https://theathletic.com/5185574/2024/01 ... uka-nacua/

"But I’ve also gotta keep it into perspective and make sure we’re ready for what matters." I hope he eats those words when he's beaten out of this postseason with his 1 and done 2023 team.

I got to imagine if this was ANY other coach in the NFL, they'd be congratulating the kid for breaking a 50/60 year old record. Geeze.

by actionjack
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4085  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

HELLS YES

by actionjack
5 months 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4085  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ziggy wrote:Speaking of the Atlantic and the 49ers mindset. Some of these quotes from Shanahan are just infuriating. The dude just does not like the Rams. Seems to not even care for sportsmanship and the kinship of football. Trying to keep a rook from records... trying to keep him in the whole game (for injuries or just wearing him out?). Come on dude...

https://theathletic.com/5185574/2024/01 ... uka-nacua/

"But I’ve also gotta keep it into perspective and make sure we’re ready for what matters." I hope he eats those words when he's beaten out of this postseason with his 1 and done 2023 team.

I got to imagine if this was ANY other coach in the NFL, they'd be congratulating the kid for breaking a 50/60 year old record. Geeze.

Kyle is asshat to the nth degree. Would love someone to "pop" that flat brim off his dome.

Why do i have this feeling we will meet them again.....

• 3 / 4
36 posts Jul 02 2024