105 posts
  • 3 / 11
 by ramsman34
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8677  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Unless the FA edge rushers can be had for a lot less than what Floyd signed for, why would the Rams sign one when they had the better player and known quantity in Floyd for presumable the same $?

They moved on from aging vets and higher caps hits to infuse the team with youth that they can develop (hopefully very quickly) and have on the cheap so they have future cap space to go after SB pieces when the roster as a whole is more experienced and closer to championship level. That’s what they said and have done to date so far.

Like I said, if they can get an edge at vet minimum it wouldn’t be a bad idea to add that experience. I’m just not expecting any blockbuster moves unless we are like 6-2/7-1 near the trade deadline. And even then they might stand pat.

by actionjack
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   4086  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Unless the FA edge rushers can be had for a lot less than what Floyd signed for, why would the Rams sign one when they had the better player and known quantity in Floyd for presumable the same $?

They moved on from aging vets and higher caps hits to infuse the team with youth that they can develop (hopefully very quickly) and have on the cheap so they have future cap space to go after SB pieces when the roster as a whole is more experienced and closer to championship level. That’s what they said and have done to date so far.

Like I said, if they can get an edge at vet minimum it wouldn’t be a bad idea to add that experience. I’m just not expecting any blockbuster moves unless we are like 6-2/7-1 near the trade deadline. And even then they might stand pat.

If the Rams are above .500 at the trade deadline, they will try and make a move for a pass rusher. The Rams would be looking for a longer term pass rusher so if they are remotely in the playoff equation they go for it IMO.

by PARAM
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12318  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsww wrote:I mentioned a T Lew (like player) for that very reason, DESPERATION. We’ll have to sign someone, maybe 2 and cheap. Floyd was considered a wash out #1 in Chicago and Henderson coached him to almost Pro Bowl level. Now Henderson is also the “Run Game Coordinator” My point is we haven’t been able to do the same with this unit. Some of that individual coaching may not be here. It’s obvious the talent on the field isn’t. That’s not rational?

Your desperate. The Rams are not.

"We have to sign someone, maybe 2 and cheap". Awesome. So which edge rushers are "cheap"?

You say, "we haven't been able to do the same with this unit". You mean in one camp and 2 preseason games? You think great coaching is snapping their fingers and shit falls into place? Come on man, how long have you been watching football, 2 years?

Like I said, you're desperate. And you only see what happens in the preseason games. Not on the practice field. Not in the meeting rooms.

Rational is not "we need to sign anyone who has played edge"
Rational is not "Aaron Donald was blindsided"
Rational is not, a lot of the shit you type.

by ramsman34
10 months 1 week ago

NFL.Com speculates that Lions Edge Julian Okwara could be traded. Fits the younger/potential player.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-roste ... -who-could

They listed NO cut candidates at edge.

This is for you ramsww 8-)

by PARAM
10 months 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12318  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:NFL.Com speculates that Lions Edge Julian Okwara could be traded. Fits the younger/potential player.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-roste ... -who-could

They listed NO cut candidates at edge.

This is for you ramsww 8-)

Hmmmm? Brad Holmes connection again?

by ramsman34
10 months 1 week ago

PARAM wrote:Hmmmm? Brad Holmes connection again?

If they are truly in the market AND this dude is some kind of upgrade based on the Rams scouting him in college and as a pro, then the connection should make it easier.

I still doubt they make a move at edge at this time.

by safer
10 months 6 days ago
 Total posts:   1282  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I think we've got the (very) young talent at edge and should give them a real chance to develop.
We NEED another big bodied NT--we only have one. They don't cost a fortune--wish we could have afforded to keep Gaines. I think teams are gonna run inside on us until we prove we can stop it---that, to me is by far our weakest link on this team. We should look at a quality up and coming, back-up guy on the last year of his rook contract and offer a lower round pick for him.

by snackdaddy
10 months 5 days ago
 Total posts:   9719  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Its a hard call. Do you want to compete and try to be a contender this year? How much do you want to? Signing a vet edge rusher to start would mean young guys aren't getting as much time to develop.

But if they aren't ready you can expect quarterbacks to be able to sit back there and not worry about pressure. What they do, or don't do with the waiver wire might tell us all we need to know.

Remember Kevin Demoff's letter to the fans? He said all the right things about competing. But it wasn't hard to read between the lines. Especially when he mentioned it was gonna be a different approach.

by ramsww
10 months 4 days ago
 Total posts:   478  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Man you are something. How many off target insults in one reply? I never said they were going to make a splash and yeah, some Edge players come cheap. Did we pay a lot for JJ III? Is he any good? The best signing we made all year. Your shit is getting old.

by ramsman34
10 months 4 days ago

ramsww wrote:Man you are something. How many off target insults in one reply? I never said they were going to make a splash and yeah, some Edge players come cheap. Did we pay a lot for JJ III? Is he any good? The best signing we made all year. You’re shit is getting old.

Who are you talking to, Or rather at?

Safeties are a lot cheaper than edge players. We will see if they sign an edge. My money is on DT/NT.

• 3 / 11
105 posts Jul 03 2024