• 3 / 5
 by rams1974
1 year 5 months ago
 Total posts:   536  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

"In case you didn’t think St. Louis was a sports town:"

Why would we think that? Was this being actively debated? Hmm
That whole Twitter post is so cringey try-hard I felt like I was back in Columbus. You go, St. Louis, the sports world is your oyster! Look at em go.

by rams74
1 year 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1523  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:I seriously doubt SoFi or anything west coast is an option for the World Cup final. FIFA wants a prime time slot for Europe and that means Eastern time zone works best. You don’t want noon start Pacific time.

Plus shorter flight back to Europe.

I seriously doubt these factors are serious considerations. If FIFA wanted a prime time slot for Europe, they'd put the World Cup in Europe. But they keep handing out World Cups all over the, um, world.

And shorter flights back to Europe? It will be Northern hemisphere summer, which means that following the final, all the players and coaches and execs will be on vacation, and that means flights all over everywhere, with nobody in a particular hurry to get back to Europe.

The last time the U.S. hosted a World Cup final, it was on the west coast.

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10646  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:I seriously doubt these factors are serious considerations. If FIFA wanted a prime time slot for Europe, they'd put the World Cup in Europe. But they keep handing out World Cups all over the, um, world.

And shorter flights back to Europe? It will be Northern hemisphere summer, which means that following the final, all the players and coaches and execs will be on vacation, and that means flights all over everywhere, with nobody in a particular hurry to get back to Europe.

The last time the U.S. hosted a World Cup final, it was on the west coast.

It is FIFA so all that matters is you bring enough briefcases of cash, hot hookers, luxury cars and whatever else you can do to sweeten the pot.

The LA and Inglewood mayors will need to dust off their wheel greasing skills.

by Hacksaw
1 year 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Butts to the rescue....

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10646  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

The KC Chiefs are having their friends move a bill through the Missouri legislature to get $80 million to $100 million for improvements to Arrowhead: mostly around the field and movable seating for the World Cup.

by Hacksaw
1 year 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Thats one helluva crowd. Hard to believe so many follow that side show (sport?).

• 3 / 5
42 posts Sep 16 2024