30 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by actionjack
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4074  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Thanks A1 it worked great streaming the games. Now I just need to make it so I can watch on my 65" TV.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Thanks A1 it worked great streaming the games. Now I just need to make it so I can watch on my 65" TV.

how did you stream it, mobile device, desktop, laptop? lots of ways to connect to your big screen, i stream to my projector and and big screen tv...

by actionjack
4 years 7 months ago
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:how did you stream it, mobile device, desktop, laptop? lots of ways to connect to your big screen, i stream to my projector and and big screen tv...

I was watching on my HP laptop. Next time I will just hookup the HDMI connect and should be good to go..

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I was watching on my HP laptop. Next time I will just hookup the HDMI connect and should be good to go..

absolutely... or you can buy a google chromecast, connect it to one of your tv's hdmi inputs, and then "cast" the game from your laptop to your tv without any cables... personally i have my tv and projector connected to my pc (hdmi), don't have sat, cable or antenna, the only thing i use for viewing are are streaming sources (netflix, hulu, and whatever else i can stream from the pc or tv apps), haven't missed not having cable or sat all, and it's been years, especially now that hulu (and other streaming services) now offer local network channels!

by actionjack
4 years 7 months ago
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:absolutely... or you can buy a google chromecast, connect it to one of your tv's hdmi inputs, and then "cast" the game from your laptop to your tv without any cables... personally i have my tv and projector connected to my pc (hdmi), don't have sat, cable or antenna, the only thing i use for viewing are are streaming sources (netflix, hulu, and whatever else i can stream from the pc or tv apps), haven't missed not having cable or sat all, and it's been years, especially now that hulu (and other streaming services) now offer local network channels!

Interesting I didnt know that about hulu, I still use directv but that might change my mind. Can I do something similar with FireTV (like your chromecast). I would think so they are both on the network. I use KODI variation for all the rest of my TV

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Interesting I didnt know that about hulu, I still use directv but that might change my mind. Can I do something similar with FireTV (like your chromecast). I would think so they are both on the network. I use KODI variation for all the rest of my TV

the hurdle for true cord cutting has always been the inability to stream live network channels, especially live local network channels, but now that this is finally available through streaming services such as hulu, youtube and others, cable and sat subscriptions are no longer needed, in fact cable and sat companies days are numbered, at least in terms of what they've been in the past.

hulu's live tv package (live local channels) is just $44.99 / year, and less with discounts they offer, here's a live channel comparison between hulu and youtube:

https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellit ... omparison/

firetv, roku, smart tvs, etc. all have apps that you can install, such as the hulu and youtube apps, which give you access to their live tv services, but browser support can be hit and miss, so using the reddit website to stream games might be a challenge... chromecast, on the other hand, lets you simply cast / mirror your laptop / pc to your tv.

by actionjack
4 years 7 months ago
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:the hurdle for true cord cutting has always been the inability to stream live network channels, especially live local network channels, but now that this is finally available through streaming services such as hulu, youtube and others, cable and sat subscriptions are no longer needed, in fact cable and sat companies days are numbered, at least in terms of what they've been in the past.

hulu's live tv package (live local channels) is just $44.99 / year, and less with discounts they offer, here's a live channel comparison between hulu and youtube:

https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellit ... omparison/

I will have to look at it, I plan I adding Roku to my stuff as it doesnt have any of the conflicts other streaming services will have going forward see Fire TV vs Disney+. Def going to look into Hulu.

firetv, roku, smart tvs, etc. all have apps that you can install, such as the hulu and youtube apps, which give you access to their live tv services, but browser support can be hit and miss, so using the reddit website to stream games might be a challenge... chromecast, on the other hand, lets you simply cast / mirror your laptop / pc to your tv.

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2195  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I think the difference between IPTV and everything else is....well everything else.

I pay $14.95 for just about anything available on TV. I get all my teams plus PPV or the local other popular channels. I also get movies...a long list and new releases.

A small investment in a Firestick rewards you with a small monthly fee (keep in mind its monthly and can be canceled at any time).

IPTV is getting me everything you guys are getting and more. It costs me again $14.95 and I can flip to another provider if I have problems.

The only caveat is internet connection. You need to have 100 to 150 at least to stream without interruptions.

If you already own a Firestick....this is the best bang for your buck. JMO

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:I think the difference between IPTV and everything else is....well everything else.

I pay $14.95 for just about anything available on TV. I get all my teams plus PPV or the local other popular channels. I also get movies...a long list and new releases.

A small investment in a Firestick rewards you with a small monthly fee (keep in mind its monthly and can be canceled at any time).

IPTV is getting me everything you guys are getting and more. It costs me again $14.95 and I can flip to another provider if I have problems.

The only caveat is internet connection. You need to have 100 to 150 at least to stream without interruptions.

If you already own a Firestick....this is the best bang for your buck. JMO

every year i plan to revisit iptv but seem to forget, probably because i gave it a spin many years ago and it wasn't up to par, but it definitely looks worth checking out now! in fact i've been thinking about voip for my biz as well, sick and tired of at&t's ridiculous rate increases...

• 3 / 3
30 posts Jun 17 2024