1281 posts
  • 127 / 129
 by Elvis
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hill might be a headache but he's also a unique weapon that changes how teams defend you. That said, Miami probably needs a better QB to take advantage of that.

Except that he's a Niner, i have to admit i like their new coach. And if he is good, hurts the Niners he's gone...

by max
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Hill went for a 1st, 2nd, two 4ths, and a 6th.

Woods went for a 6th.

I get that we most likely could have gotten more for Woods if we traded him to the Eagles or Jets. Maybe a 4th?

But whats interesting to me is how the league values Woods vs Hill. There is no comparison in their trade value.

What hasn't been said much is how Woods game projects in the future. No one says much about him not being the same guy that he was in 2017. And I think the Rams know he's not that guy anymore. Still good, but not the same guy now.

I remember when the Rams moved on from Deacon back in 1972. I was depressed. I grew up with Deacon Jones as being the MAN. But they made a business decision that he lost a step and that was his game. And that the way it always goes.

by actionjack
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4074  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

max wrote:Hill went for a 1st, 2nd, two 4ths, and a 6th.

Woods went for a 6th.

I get that we most likely could have gotten more for Woods if we traded him to the Eagles or Jets. Maybe a 4th?

But whats interesting to me is how the league values Woods vs Hill. There is no comparison in their trade value.

What hasn't been said much is how Woods game projects in the future. No one says much about him not being the same guy that he was in 2017. And I think the Rams know he's not that guy anymore. Still good, but not the same guy now.

Especially coming off an ACL injury.

by Elvis
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

A lot of talk was it's hard to trade Woods with his contract and that affected his value but Hill got a ton of comp and a huge new contract.

But Woods is older and coming off of an ACL as has been pointed out. Plus as good/special as he is, do we know how he'll do outside of McVay? He certainly didn't shine in Buffalo like he did in LA...

by actionjack
2 years 2 months ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:A lot of talk was it's hard to trade Woods with his contract and that affected his value but Hill got a ton of comp and a huge new contract.

But Woods is older and coming off of an ACL as has been pointed out. Plus as good/special as he is, do we know how he'll do outside of McVay? He certainly didn't shine in Buffalo like he did in LA...

I do think there is something to these WR's playing on turf (played fast). it will be interesting to see how Woods looks on grass post ACL. Also I think McVay brought more attributes out of Woods than previous teams/coaches. I expect his running blocking to be a nice upgrade for the Titans.

by actionjack
2 years 2 months ago
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Hill might be a headache but he's also a unique weapon that changes how teams defend you. That said, Miami probably needs a better QB to take advantage of that.

Except that he's a Niner, i have to admit i like their new coach. And if he is good, hurts the Niners he's gone...

Yep Tua about to be exposed IMO....

by PARAM
2 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12304  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:A lot of talk was it's hard to trade Woods with his contract and that affected his value but Hill got a ton of comp and a huge new contract.

I agree with the comparisons between Woods and Hill. Tyreek Hill has been dynamic. But they're two completely different receivers with two completely different skill sets. Woods is a terrific player while Hill is a terrific receiver. Woods is a great guy to have on a good team. Hill is a great guy to have. But......

it's going to be really interesting to see what his numbers are in Miami. Tua is not Mahomes.

• 127 / 129
1281 posts Jun 16 2024