139 posts
  • 13 / 14
 by St. Loser Fan
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10576  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:I don't get why they keep going with the Carson concept. The Rams, Vikings and Falcons stadium look much better.

It's what the owner wants. Design firms of the stadiums:
Las Vegas Raiders: Manica
Los Angeles Rams and Chargers: HKS
Atlanta: HOK Sport
Minnesota: HKS

I still think though that Atlanta's stadium will look dated very quickly.

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:It's what the owner wants. Design firms of the stadiums:
Las Vegas Raiders: Manica
Los Angeles Rams and Chargers: HKS
Atlanta: HOK Sport
Minnesota: HKS

I still think though that Atlanta's stadium will look dated very quickly.

"It's what the owner wants."

You've seen his hair cut, right?

They should go with HKS. The Colts, Cowboys and Vikings stadiums are one of the highest rated stadiums in the country.

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:"It's what the owner wants."

You've seen his hair cut, right?

They should go with HKS. The Colts, Cowboys and Vikings stadiums are one of the highest rated stadiums in the country.

You think Mark Davis wants to drop $10 million + to go to a different firm and further delay construction? I drive a nicer minivan than him.

We went with a slap dash rushed stadium design here in St. Louis and see what good that did.

Will it be the most beautiful stadium in the world like Inglewood? No. But it's fine for Las Vegas.

by dieterbrock
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

The Sin City Raiders will be the top selling merchandise as soon as its rolled out. I'm sure ratings and attendance will boom the first couple years, its a crap shoot what happens after that. Likely will depend on how well the team is doing.
Sound familiar?

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

by Rams the Legends live on
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017/04 ... -the-team/

By: Ryan Lipton | April 4, 2017 10:23 pm ET

With many Bay Area Oakland Raiders fans heartbroken and upset over owner Mark Davis relocating the team to Las Vegas, the second generation owner decided to go on 95.7 the game with JT “The Brick” Tuesday to clear the air.

Shockingly, Davis revealed he went so far as to offer up 20 percent of his franchise to keep the team in the East Bay, only to be strung along and ultimately disrespected.

“There is a myth out there that I wouldn’t put up equity to help drive a deal in Oakland. That is the farthest thing from the truth. I offered 20 percent of the team to be purchased by Colony Capital at a very reduced value. I also did the same thing for Floyd Kephart. I offered 20 percent of the team so that a developer that came in, should the city provide us with the land through either a long-term lease at very favorable rates or some type of sale that again was at very favorable rates, that we would be able to bring a developer in and with them having been able to purchase an equity stake in the Raiders at a low value we would be able to share and that would give us the ability to fill the funding gap that we had.”

Perhaps the most surprising part of the interview was that Davis offered to sell 20 percent of the team to Floyd Kephart of Colony Capital and the Oakland Athletics, in order to help raise money to keep the team in the East Bay.

The two sides weren’t able to strike a deal despite Davis stating he was close to securing one with Colony Capital in the summers of 2013 and 2014. However, when the Oakland Athletics signed a 10-year lease with the city shortly followed by the city exponentially increasing the Raiders’ rent, Davis stated he felt disrespected and a deal wasn’t likely to ever come to fruition.

With the Raiders stuck in Oakland for at least the 2017 season, fans can expect to continue to hear both Davis and Schaaf get on their public relations kicks early and often.

by dieterbrock
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Viva Las Vegas Baby!!
Raiders-themed brothel in the works for team’s move to Las Vegas
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 2df320e015

by Hacksaw
7 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

"We're sure the NFL will love this ... a notorious Nevada brothel is making an indecent proposal to the Oakland Raiders ... promising half off all horizontal activities FOREVER ... if the team moves to Vegas.
The offer comes from Dennis Hof ... owner of Nevada's infamous Love Ranch ... who says he's so stoked about the potential Raiders move to Vegas he wants to seal the deal ... by throwing in some ass.
"

Too funny.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/10/31/nfl-las-v ... s-brothel/

by St. Loser Fan
7 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

• 13 / 14
139 posts Jun 17 2024