104 posts
  • 11 / 11
 by 69RamFan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3234  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

This is what I see,,,

Do we have an outstanding O-line??? No..... they received help with the 12PG'ing when they were playing good...

The minute I saw TE Everette out due to injury and TE Blanton inactive, I had that feeling that this wasn't going to be a game for us to win....

Low and behold, McVay reverted back to his bad habits using strictly the 11 personnel....

That just told me, by not having that 3rd TE on the active roster,,, it would only leave us with two... and most likely, we would not go into a 12 PG, two TE set, and sure enough, McVay didn't use it...

When we won against the Bears, AZ, and Hags,,, especially the Hags... we were using a heavy dose of two TEs set...
That helped open up holds for the run game... and protection for the passing game...

The Cowgurls put a number of times eight in the box to stop the run on running downs...

Even if McVay came out with only two TEs on the active roster,,, I would of used another Lineman and make him eligible to go out on passes,,, but would only use him to block...

but McVay just stuck with his 11PG...

Kind of reminds me of Mike Martz,,,, to suborn to make changes...

The league is way too smart, and the good defensive teams catches up to certain schemes....

He needs to learn to adapt and make changes on the run....

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9707  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Its pretty clear our line is under matched for better defensive fronts. They might do ok against lesser ones. Hence, the victories over AZ and Seattle. This next game could get ugly. The 49ers have one of the best lines in the league. A bad match up for our guys.

by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8668  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dick84 wrote:I'm still not sure what to make of the oline. Are the young guys decent and growing? And is there anyone ready to replace Whit?

Agree. They need to upgrade the talent/competition there this offseason and develop Edwards, Evans, Corbett, Allen, and Boom. IF, and thats a HUGE IF, Boom is 100% by training camp, we will have some young, big, strong men to build around. LOT is a mystery based on Boom's health. Center is the next weakest position. We have some options everywhere else. And one of the E boys might just be able to excel at LOT. I hope some really good Vet options at LOT and OC can be acquired however - just in case. DL, OL, LB would be my total focus if I were Snead, inside and outside the current roster.

• 11 / 11
104 posts Jun 17 2024