44 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by Elvis
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38917  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I think there's a good chance they'll do something we're not expecting, so we should expect that.

In 2001 when they held Faulk on practically every play, seems we were more shocked they were getting away with it than coming up with a good counter measure.

They held KC to 7 points for the first 3 quarters and Andy Reid isn't exactly Jeff Fisher...

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Believe you me, McVay is seeing this and has seen it with multiple teams, as A1 eluded. He will scheme for that tactic for sure. And, motion can really disrupt that tactic as well as stacked bunch formations - ya can't grab 'em all - LOL.

Billicheat has done this forever, since SB36 for sure.

I feel pretty good about the play-calling for this game and Goff /the WRs and TEs and RBs . tearing NE up in the pass game. As long as the protection is sound, NE will give up big plays. I just hope we score a shit ton on them and make Brady have to hold the ball longer than he wants when we make them one dimensional.

by ramsman34
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8681  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

AvengerRam wrote:I think that our biggest advantage over other teams is our balance.

Our Nos. 1, 2 and 3 WRs caught 86 (Woods), 80 (Cooks) and 69 (Kupps/Reynolds - yes, I know there was some overlap, but they essentially comprised the No. 3 spot) passes. Gurley had another 59, and the TE position (Everett/Higbee) added another 57. Add to that the fact that the Rams were the #3 rushing offense, even before adding C.J. Anderson.

If the Patriots focus on one or two guys, the Rams need to be ready to hurt them with other weapons.

That's the beauty - McVay schemes various guys open and Goff goes to where the D takes him to the open man. Someone will be open. Will Goff have time to get the ball to them?

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9721  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:What about Woods??? You cant take away everyone. Also McVay (more importantly Goff) obviously trusts Reynolds and Everett, they had huge huge plays in the NFC championship.

I think Woods just goes without saying. He's gonna make his plays. I think they consider Cooks more of a threat with his game breaking ability. Woods alone won't be enough.

If Everett and Reynolds can step up and make plays they will move the ball and score. Those two guys have the size and athleticism to be a matchup problem. They've had their moments but not enough to stand out and make people take notice.

I'm not sure if McVay is not comfortable using them more or if teams have limited them. I know there's only so many targets to go around.

by PARAM
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12319  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:If Everett and Reynolds can step up and make plays they will move the ball and score. Those two guys have the size and athleticism to be a matchup problem. They've had their moments but not enough to stand out and make people take notice.

True. True. And good!

Goff has confidence in Reynolds and Everett. They made some big plays vs. the Saints.

by moklerman
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure what opposing defenses have been thinking when playing the Patriots but it seems they have chosen to let Michel catch as many passes out of the backfield that he wants. I have to assume it's a pick your poison type of thing but it's been driving me crazy. He's seemingly uncovered on a regular basis and I hope Wade has a plan for it.

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I'm not sure what opposing defenses have been thinking when playing the Patriots but it seems they have chosen to let Michel catch as many passes out of the backfield that he wants. I have to assume it's a pick your poison type of thing but it's been driving me crazy. He's seemingly uncovered on a regular basis and I hope Wade has a plan for it.

Michel?
Do you mean White?

by Neil039
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

moklerman wrote:It seems like teams that have a reputation for good defenses are often left to mug the receivers above and beyond what's "normal". Seattle and Baltimore also come to mind. Good defenses, no doubt but it seems they are allowed to hold, grab, pull, impede receivers more than should be allowed.

Agree %100

by Stranger
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

- screens to the flat
- jetsweeps
- CJ thru trap block
- Gurley cutbacks
- And Suh / AJ wont be giving Brady any time.

I am confident we can answer everyone of Belicheats moves.

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

I'm not worried a bit. I'm going into this gaming thinking it's ours to lose. Fuck Brady, that magnificent GOAT.

• 2 / 5
44 posts Jul 05 2024