16 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by aeneas1
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I think Ebukam & Littleton will be breakout players on D & they’ll be a top 5 D in points & yards.

Oline being healthy is huge Q. But I feel better about their ability to survive injuries this season.
I’m thinking 13 wins.

i think the rams offense can survive a less than perfectly healthy oline season, assuming it's not a complete injury disaster, mcvay's a smart guy, has the ability to scheme accordingly... in fact the redskins had their best offensive scoring season under mcvay in 2016, when only 2 olinemen played all 16 games and perennial pro-bowl left tackle trent williams missed a quarter of the season.

littleton and ebukam? emerging as defensive studs in 2018? how friggin' awesome would that be?

by Hacksaw
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I've got 12. We lose game 3, 9 & 16.

by AvengerRam
6 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Fixed the glitch (with rounding, I’m still predicting 11 wins).

by /zn/
6 years 2 days ago
 Total posts:   6807  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i think the rams offense can survive a less than perfectly healthy oline season, assuming it's not a complete injury disaster, mcvay's a smart guy, has the ability to scheme accordingly... in fact the redskins had their best offensive scoring season under mcvay in 2016, when only 2 olinemen played all 16 games and perennial pro-bowl left tackle trent williams missed a quarter of the season.

littleton and ebukam? emerging as defensive studs in 2018? how friggin' awesome would that be?

Washington's 2016 season wasn't quite the OL injury disaster the raw numbers would lead you to expect. They key to OL injuries is how many players are out at the same time. That year Washington's offense was 3rd in yards and 12th in points, but that's partly because (among other reasons, including McVay and the scheme) the OL was relatively healthy.

The RT and RG played all 16 games. The LOT missed 4, the LOG missed 2. The starting center was replaced after week 3. His replacement (Long) turned out to be fine. In fact he played 13 games at guard in 2015, and after replacing the center in 2016, played 13 games and then began 2017 as the starting center. So clearly they were okay there. From week 4 on, with Long playing center, there are 4 games without the LOT (Wms. obviously) and 2 games without the LOG, but no games with them both out at the same time. So the OL had no games with more than 2 original starters out. I would say that's the threshold for whether a line is relatively healthy or getting injured to the point where it starts to hurt the offense. The big factor there was that Long was a good young veteran replacement at center, so it helped stabilize things in general.

Clearly their 2016 offense benefited from the OL being relatively healthy, with the real issue being the 4 games Wms missed, which they handled.

It's similar to this. Say that Sullivan goes out but they have a veteran behind him with game experience who plays well the rest of the season. Then Whitworth misses 4 games, which they handle okay with a decent sub. It;s not ideal, but would that really be an OL that is injured to the point of being crippled?

In contrast, in 2007, by week 6, the Rams had replaced Pace with Barron at LOT, had started 3 different guys at LOG, 3 different guys at ROT and 4 different guys at ROG. Guys like the great Milford Brown started up to 3 different positions in those 6 games before getting injured himself. They had up to 4 original starters out in a few games, and started up to 9 different players. THAT is a messed up OL.

by R4L
6 years 2 days ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:Washington's 2016 season wasn't quite the OL injury disaster the raw numbers would lead you to expect. They key to OL injuries is how many players are out at the same time. That year Washington's offense was 3rd in yards and 12th in points, but that's partly because (among other reasons, including McVay and the scheme) the OL was relatively healthy.

The RT and RG played all 16 games. The LOT missed 4, the LOG missed 2. The starting center was replaced after week 3. His replacement (Long) turned out to be fine. In fact he played 13 games at guard in 2015, and after replacing the center in 2016, played 13 games and then began 2017 as the starting center. So clearly they were okay there. From week 4 on, with Long playing center, there are 4 games without the LOT (Wms. obviously) and 2 games without the LOG, but no games with them both out at the same time. So the OL had no games with more than 2 original starters out. I would say that's the threshold for whether a line is relatively healthy or getting injured to the point where it starts to hurt the offense. The big factor there was that Long was a good young veteran replacement at center, so it helped stabilize things in general.

Clearly their 2016 offense benefited from the OL being relatively healthy, with the real issue being the 4 games Wms missed, which they handled.

It's similar to this. Say that Sullivan goes out but they have a veteran behind him with game experience who plays well the rest of the season. Then Whitworth misses 4 games, which they handle okay with a decent sub. It;s not ideal, but would that really be an OL that is injured to the point of being crippled?

In contrast, in 2007, by week 6, the Rams had replaced Pace with Barron at LOT, had started 3 different guys at LOG, 3 different guys at ROT and 4 different guys at ROG. Guys like the great Milford Brown started up to 3 different positions in those 6 games before getting injured himself. They had up to 4 original starters out in a few games, and started up to 9 different players. THAT is a messed up OL.

All that writing and i still don't understand what you're saying.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
5 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2102  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

He pretty much said that it is better to win than to lose.

• 2 / 2
16 posts Jun 25 2024