47 posts
  • 2 / 5

Will you be watching the Super Bowl this year?

Yes
67%
No
17%
Undecided
17%
 by SWAdude
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I am a football fan.

If you are a Rams fan but not a football fan, how can you possibly understand the game?

Of course I am watching. I find it weird some may not.

by dieterbrock
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:I am a football fan.

If you are a Rams fan but not a football fan, how can you possibly understand the game?

Exactly.
If I can watch the Patriots play Seattle, I can watch any game

by aeneas1
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

plus, if you didn't watch, just think how left out you'd be around the water cooler when everyone is bitching about all of the calls that went the patriots way as they took home their 6th lombardi trophy!

by moklerman
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Where is it written that a football fan is required to watch the championship game, regardless of who's playing? Isn't it possible to just not want to watch certain teams or maybe not even care who wins?

It's got nothing to do with understanding the game.

by Haden
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2143  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

No. Going to catch a Styx concert in Las Vegas. Front row seats! Rock on 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Although I'm sure I will watch some before I jump on the plane to go home Sunday night.)

by rams74
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1500  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I watch every game of the NFL playoffs, to some extent or other (DVR allows me to race through games I don't care much about). I can't stand 31 other teams (more or less), though. But I watch the Super Bowl. There's always a way to pick a team to cheer for, based on how each team affects the Rams.

But I certainly do understand those who can't watch. It's been years since I watched an NBA playoff game. And I miss it. But I can't watch it without the Lakers being involved. I've tried. I follow who's winning and who's losing, but I can't watch it. So yeah, I understand.

by Hacksaw
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Haden wrote:No. Going to catch a Styx concert in Las Vegas. Front row seats! Rock on 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Although I'm sure I will watch some before I jump on the plane to go home Sunday night.)

A gal friend of mine went to the show in Tampa a few months back and said it was amazing. Tommy hasn't lost a lick or his range. Great set too.

I should mention thought that these geriatric tours are best viewed from 20 rows back. 8-)

by TomSlick
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:I should mention thought that these geriatric tours are best viewed from 20 rows back. 8-)

Caught the Beach Boys here at the Mountain Winery. At that time there were 3 different Beach Boys groups as the originals all hated each other and wouldn't perform together. Worked out well because Mike Love and can't remember the other guy weren't that great vocal wise anymore, but the other 4 guys in the group (all young) could really bring it in the true style of the 60s Beach Boys. Great show...songs about the beach, girls and cars...can't beat that subject matter.

As for the Super Bowl...probably not...probably will...dunno.

by SWAdude
6 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Haden wrote:No. Going to catch a Styx concert in Las Vegas. Front row seats! Rock on 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Although I'm sure I will watch some before I jump on the plane to go home Sunday night.)
Saw Styx about twenty years ago with Dennis DeYoung. It was great.

Saw the Classics West in July with the Dobbie Brothers, Steely Dan, Eagles, Earth Wind and Fire, Journey and Fleetwood Mac. Epic.

Got Eagles tickets for this next September at At&t park in San Francisco.

These geriatric tours are must see and I can missing a Super Bowl for these for sure.

I can see other plans and missing a SB being a real thing. Some just don't want to see it unless there team is there. I love football much more than that I guess.

• 2 / 5
47 posts Jun 17 2024