61 posts
  • 2 / 7
 by max
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I think its a good idea to draft another QB next year. Foles may show improvement the rest of the year, but I think its pretty clear that he's not a top QB, though he could be a good one.

You never know when you are gonna hit on a really good one though. So keep trying unless you already have one.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Of course draft or even trade to improve your personnel, but I think were better off .
Give him a good pass blocking line and get back to me. It'll come together.

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Were better off .

give him a good pass blocking line and get back to me. It'll come together.
yup yup yup... We're on the same page, brother.

by snackdaddy
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9717  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I was a Bradford guy up until the last injury. It was clear he could not be counted on. Moving on from him was the right move. Its not that I thought he would be elite. I don't see that . I just thought they could be a very good team and he could win once they got the defense and running game solved. He's not elite and never will be. But you can win with him if you have enough pieces.

I don't see Foles being the future QB of a winning franchise. I wish they didn't extend him. Its possible the future QB is not on the roster right now. Heck, its possible the best QB right now is on the roster and it ain't Foles. I wouldn't mind seeing what Keenum can do.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago

Takes the lead in what? Team sport. Records tied. They do have better numbers though....

Still- F off!

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
Superstar

As I have said before, just very glad Sam is no longer our issue to deal with. I like Nick, and I really hope it works out for him here. Bottom line, I am willing to give Nick a long rope.

by dieterbrock
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:As I have said before, just very glad Sam is no longer our issue to deal with. I like Nick, and I really hope it works out for him here. Bottom line, I am willing to give Nick a long rope.

Here, here.
I am too just like I did Bradford. Actually, I'll give him less rope than Bradford but a least the majority of this season.
Carson Palmer going to Arizona was a joke, he's immobile, their o-line was terrible at the time. After a rough start 3-4 Arizona put it together.
I don't think we'll need 7 games and expect our record to be better but beeping in perspective

by Stranger
8 years 8 months ago
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:
Stranger wrote:As I have said before, just very glad Sam is no longer our issue to deal with. I like Nick, and I really hope it works out for him here. Bottom line, I am willing to give Nick a long rope.

Here, here.
I am too just like I did Bradford. Actually, I'll give him less rope than Bradford but a least the majority of this season.
Carson Palmer going to Arizona was a joke, he's immobile, their o-line was terrible at the time. After a rough start 3-4 Arizona put it together.
I don't think we'll need 7 games and expect our record to be better but beeping in perspective

Looking back, we all gave Sam way too much rope.

by moklerman
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Boy, the universe and Bradford sure are making a point of making me feel like an idiot. I'm so sick of being disappointed by everything football related. It's like, whenever I find a guy that I want to root for, he turns to shit. If there's someone I can't stand, he's going to not only succeed, he's going to excel.

Let's take another example. Duke Johnson for the Browns. Watched this guy for a couple of weeks and he did well. As soon as I buy into him though, he turns to the POS that he should have been all along.

But, this is mainly about Bradford. He's so out of sync and erratic right now that it's embarrassing. He certainly isn't playing with any confidence and so many bad reads and worse throws the last couple of weeks. One of Bradford's strengths used to be his ability to at least protect the ball in the red zone but now he's just giving it away as fast as he can.

I hate when I don't have anyone to root for on offense or at QB but I'm basically at that point. I'm obligated to root for Foles but I'm no fan of his. Bradford, I would have bet money that he'd at worst be solid at this point but he's awful. It doesn't add up to me but it looks like everyone else was right and I'm once again wrong. This is going to make cancelling the Sunday Ticket next year a lot easier.

by Hacksaw
8 years 8 months ago

No your wrong, he looked better tonight. lol. :)
Sam throws a nice ball. Suspect touch and timing but great delivery. 3rd quarter he was under control, at least until late. Stat line isn't perty w 3 INT's, but Foles isn't shining with 4 of 'em last game.
Philly's D was strong though, and the Eagles O-line was blowing the G-strings D-line back into the secondary on run plays most of the night..
Let's get Foles some time for his 5 to 7 step drops and it might be a different story for us...

• 2 / 7
61 posts Jul 01 2024