85 posts
  • 2 / 9
 by TomSlick
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Amazing what a big win in week 1 will do for my attitude. I'm already flashing back into the 70s glory days when you could just about expect a win every week. Ditto for the GSOT days. Yeah, I'm puttin' the 'skins game in my back pocket already. Who's up for week 3?

by den-the-coach
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

I concur with Elvis big test being a road favorite, but Washington is in a state of disarray and their coach is on the run, however, the young offensive line will have their first road test and the Washington defense under first year coordinator Joe Barry played well in their fist game against the Dolphins...Always tough to win on the road, but it's time for this team to stand up if they want to be noticed and this could propel the team for a much stiffer contest next week against Pittsburgh with Bell coming back.

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Dare I say "trap game". I would love to say the Rams have turned the corner. But this is precisely the type of game the Rams have a history of losing. This game to me is less about talent and more about the character of the team. The kids showed signs of growing up and and playing as a team when it mattered in the first game. The playcalling and execution looked markedly better than last year. I think going into this game the Rams are somewhat over-rated and the Skins are under-rated. The Rams may be in for a dogfight. If they can manage to come out of there with a win its going to be a pretty big boost for this franchise.

by kayfabe
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   128  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I don't think this one's a trap: in fact I'll argue the opposite. The Rams are really fortunate
these next two weeks in playing non-division opponents who themselves have a short week
turnaround to a division opponent on Thursday night. So where's Washington's head going to be?
Having already dropped their home opener -- down DeSean Jackson -- are they getting ready more
for the Rams or are they more pumped for next Thursday's game vs. the Giants?

And as luck would have it, the Rams have this exact same situation once again next week, facing
a team (Pittsburgh) who will be probably thinking more about their upcoming divisional Thursday night
game (with Baltimore) than the Rams. So the schedule maker really did a lot of Rams favors here
early on...

As for Redskins fan mindset this week...let's just say there's plenty of good deals to be had
for (Cowboys and Ravens; errr, I mean) Redskins merchandise in local area DC stores --

And also there's still plenty of good seats available at RFK --

Late add: the $19 ticket is now down to $11. Meaning that you can now get about 21 tickets
to the Rams/Redskins game for the price of one to Sunday Night's Eagles/Cowboys game
(h/t Bill Barnwell at grantland.com).

by dieterbrock
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Well, the bad news is that I'm not taking the kids to Wicked....

by Elvis
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38885  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:Well, the bad news is that I'm not taking the kids to Wicked....

Making it an even better test of our Rams...

by RedAlice
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

I'm still missing the first half again though (this time for a short triathalon) - hopefully when I get to a screen around the half it looks as good as it did last week. Packed my Rams hat to wear that was signed by several players at Oxnard.... :D

I'm having confidence that they will play solid, and not fall into their inconsitent pattern and lose a game they should win.

Looking forward to seeing Mason play.

by snackdaddy
8 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9707  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Amazing what a big win in week 1 will do for my attitude. I'm already flashing back into the 70s glory days when you could just about expect a win every week. Ditto for the GSOT days. Yeah, I'm puttin' the 'skins game in my back pocket already. Who's up for week 3?

A decade of losing has me beat down. Its gonna take more than a week one win to to get back to those days. I don't take anything for granted anymore. :?

• 2 / 9
85 posts Jun 17 2024