100 posts
  • 2 / 10
 by bubbaramfan
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1118  
United States of America   Carson Landfill
Pro Bowl

I think Stan WILL move the Rams to LA. Rams moved to St. Louis with the provision they be provided a top tier stadium to play in. The CVC and St. Louis have failed to do this, enabling Stan to move. Stan has jumped through all the correct hoops already. He has taken the CVC to arbitration and won, and STILL the Jones has not been upgraded to the standard they agreed to get the Rams in the first place. It wasn't until Stan unveiled his LA stadium did S.t Louis ever mention building a new stadium, (and oh, by the way Stan, you have to pay for half of it and we hire the archetecht, not you). Too little too late IMHO, and it won't fly for St. Louey in court. I'm guessing all the other owners already know this and whatever plays out in the next 9 months is just show to placate the public.

Bottm line is Stan is moving the Rams back to LA.

by Hacksaw
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Bubba. Today was a day with a lot of positive spin for StL and your neck of the woods. Oakland not so much and the Chargers are keeping the pedal on the leverage metal. Both those teams would rather stay where they are but it doesn't look like they can get anything done. Especially in SD where poor Spanos won't agree to what the city is offering.
Funny thing is, football can be played in those two older stadiums and if you were to ask the fans of those cities if they would rather see the team leave over a new stadium they'd both say, 'no way, we'd rather have our team here, crappy stadium or not'. If Carson is the choice, the NFL is full of crap as it is wiping out 2 markets and going against what the polls say regarding LA's preferred team. F them if that happens.
Is the league really making that big a deal out of those situations where they would deny the one of the greatest stadium plans LA could ever hope for which has been their conundrum all along. I just don't know anymore after reading all these OPINIONS from everyone,,,, especially StL fan. Those desperate folks are making big noise lead by their Peacock.
I still can't wrap my head around nixing Inglewood to help the feeble Raiders and picky Chargers and even more so the methane pit over Inglewood and all the extras it will provide.
No slight to many of the folk in StL but those dudes have been lucky to have the Los Angeles Rams play in their midwest town for 20 years. Time to give them back now. And if the league chooses differently, it will change the opinion of this NFL fan. In honest fact after all this, I may be done. Of course I said that in 95 too.

GO RAMS all the way back to LA.....

by Hacksaw
9 years 1 month ago

Hacksaw wrote:Perhaps these meetings will bump the meter. I hope Stan makes a good pitch.

Don't mean to talk to myself but apparently the meetings didn't change his meter or the darn thing is stuck.

by Elvis
9 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

JTMeter.jpg

Very slight update, but in our Q&A Jim has it at 57/43 L.A. We had it at 56/44 so things are going L.A.'s way, ever so slightly according to the JT Meter...

by Hacksaw
9 years 1 month ago

Elvis wrote:
JTMeter.jpg

Very slight update, but in our Q&A Jim has it at 57/43 L.A. We had it at 56/44 so things are going L.A.'s way, ever so slightly according to the JT Meter...

Quite a big leap there JT. He must have been talking with Clayton. lol

by Elvis
9 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38914  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:Quite a big leap there JT. He must have been talking with Clayton. lol

Heard Roggin in my car just now, he has it at 95/5...

by Hacksaw
9 years 4 weeks ago

Elvis wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:Quite a big leap there JT. He must have been talking with Clayton. lol

Heard Roggin in my car just now, he has it at 95/5...

Fred is a bit of a homer about this so I have to take that with a grain of salt. However with his clout and possible inside connections, it's a very large grain.

Vinny has this thing neck and neck
http://www.insidesocal.com/nfl/2015/05/ ... d-stadium/

"Still, it’s a mistake to think Carson has now leaped ahead of Kroenke’s Inglewood project.

They are in a dead heat. Have been for some time.

So much so that the ultimate deciding factor isn’t so much whether the NFL prefers Inglewood or Carson as it is what’s on the table from St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland.

And by deciding factor, we mean who NFL owners deem the most justified to relocate to Los Angeles.

Even then, depending on what Kroenke’s true intentions are this still might come down back-door negotiations in which all three teams work toward a solution in which they each walk away satisfied.

As far as Carson and Inglewood, they’re neck and neck
."

Perhaps this is why JT's meter is still stuck. I like Fred's take better. lol

by snackdaddy
9 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9716  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:There has been so many articles posing problems for the StL stadium effort, yet some still a few who think it's either an illusion, smoke or leverage.
Maybe we have out LA homer glasses on but it's hard not to see that ESK wants to pull out of StL and into LA. The effort in StL, albeit stoic and energized is still falling short. Just because other have arrived at a 50% - 50%'ish split with their cities, that is not the standard now. The difference is thatt those owners (like Spanos and Davis) wanted to stay in the current markets. Kroenke by all accounts, doesn't.

I will be shocked if the Rams are told they can't leave.

I think the St. Louis fans are posting with their hearts. I see a lot of comments on how they think it looks good for them to keep the Rams. Yet, if you read unbiased articles, that isn't the case. I understand the reason for sentiment on their part. But they don't understand for many of us LA is home for the Rams. My allegiance goes way back to the late 60's and I've always hoped for their return. I'm not close enough to invest in season tickets, but its likely I will attend a game or two every year when they come back. That isn't the case in St. Louis. And I still have LA Rams memorabilia I'm waiting to take out of moth ball. 8-)

by Hacksaw
9 years 4 weeks ago

snackdaddy wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:There has been so many articles posing problems for the StL stadium effort, yet some still a few who think it's either an illusion, smoke or leverage.
Maybe we have out LA homer glasses on but it's hard not to see that ESK wants to pull out of StL and into LA. The effort in StL, albeit stoic and energized is still falling short. Just because other have arrived at a 50% - 50%'ish split with their cities, that is not the standard now. The difference is that those owners (like Spanos and Davis) wanted to stay in the current markets. Kroenke by all accounts, doesn't.

I will be shocked if the Rams are told they can't leave.

I think the St. Louis fans are posting with their hearts. I see a lot of comments on how they think it looks good for them to keep the Rams. Yet, if you read unbiased articles, that isn't the case. I understand the reason for sentiment on their part. But they don't understand for many of us LA is home for the Rams. My allegiance goes way back to the late 60's and I've always hoped for their return. I'm not close enough to invest in season tickets, but its likely I will attend a game or two every year when they come back. That isn't the case in St. Louis. 8-)

Hey snackdaddy, great to see you here. It makes it feel more like home. And so far no StL trolls.

Agreed. They feel the StL is to big and to great a sports town to lose a team. If it wasn't up against Los Angeles they might be correct. The big difference in this case over most is that Kroenke appears to want LA,, where other used it for leverage or now trying to preserve the stated market share. Which I doubt but that's my opinion.

by Hacksaw
9 years 4 weeks ago

So Alex Spanos (who bought 60% of the Chargers in 1984 and bought the others out by 1994) gave the keys to his son Dean in 1994. That is plenty of time to build bonds within the league. Now ESK has been in the picture about the same amount of time although as second fiddle to GF. Perhaps it was his association with her that has the league soured on him. As I recall he helped facilitate a move out of LA which was not favored by the league owners.

Interesting that Dean Spanos is now turning over the football operations to his kids like his dad did 20 years ago.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/may ... n-control/

• 2 / 10
100 posts Jun 28 2024