35 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by Chabram
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   14  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

I think Stan will honor the 5th year on Fisher's contract just to get some continuity with the team as well to give Fisher one last hurrah. Unless Fisher can then pull out a playoff berth in that last year then he will be gone.

by The Ripper
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

OldSchool wrote:Has a Kroenke owner ever fired a coach or gm?

Not at Arsenal but he has at both the Nuggets and Avalanche.

by den-the-coach
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

He fired Billy Devaney and Steve Spagnuolo.

by den-the-coach
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:If the Rams have a poor season and move to LA, I would expect a coaching change. Fisher would be due for an extension and I would think they'd want some splash in the new era

Chabram wrote:I think Stan will honor the 5th year on Fisher's contract just to get some continuity with the team as well to give Fisher one last hurrah. Unless Fisher can then pull out a playoff berth in that last year then he will be gone.

If the Rams have another 6-10 season, Kroenke will extend Fisher one year because you can't have a lame duck coach that's how it's done at the professional and collegiate level. It will give Fisher 2016 in Los Angeles to prove himself. IMO, if he doesn't Kroenke will make a change in 2017 so the new regime is full steam ahead in the City of Champions Stadium come 2018.

If the Rams have a winning season this year 9-7 for example I expect at the very minimum a two year extension with the possibility of three, but most likely two.

by dieterbrock
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

He fired George Karl after he was named NBA Coach of the year and had the best 5 year run in the history of the Nuggets franchise

by snackdaddy
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9717  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:If the Rams get off to a slow start, it will add to the apathy which is clearly growing stronger by the day
And I hate to say it, but seeing what they looked like in pre-season, I dont have very high hopes

Me neither. People say no need to worry its just preseason. But the last two seasons began very similar. Its not like the Rams have a history of being fine after a poor preseason. The offense looks anemic. If the defense isn't playing at an elite level they probably don't have much chance of winning.

by OldSchool
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1750  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

So he's fired a coach he didn't sign but has he fired one that he signed? I'm not sure on Karl if he was there before Stan or not. Kroenke just doesn't seem the kind to throw away his money by firing a coach before his contract is up.

by Rams the Legends live on
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

Personally I would rather the Rams go alone. I think Stan has proved he can handle and be the answer for LA solely. He has beat his opposition soundly in all this. While others are still running around and trying to put out fires and have their PR men up front Peacock and Fabiani. The others approach is clear it was a attitude of we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Stan's approach was we will make sure there is a bridge when we get there to cross. So in my opinion he solely has shown he can handle the LA market and the market should be his solely.

by Hacksaw
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Rams the Legends live on wrote:Personally I would rather the Rams go alone. I think Stan has proved he can handle and be the answer for LA solely. He has beat his opposition soundly in all this. While others are still running around and trying to put out fires and have their PR men up front Peacock and Fabiani. The others approach is clear it was a attitude of we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Stan's approach was we will make sure there is a bridge when we get there to cross. So in my opinion he solely has shown he can handle the LA market and the market should be his solely.

What he said!! ^^

IMO, the Chargers would play 2nd fiddle to either the Rams or Raiders in LA as well,, I don't see why Spanos would want to put his team in that position.

• 2 / 4
35 posts Jul 01 2024