26 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by moklerman
8 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I dont care about the W/L record but scoring only 3 points is never a good thing
Thank you! I haven't seen anyone complain that the Rams didn't "win", it was how they played.

Which, for my money, was EERILY reminiscent of so many other games in recent years. This wasn't a team fired up and ready to play. This wasn't a team that was disciplined and executing the way they wanted. This wasn't a team that was imposing it's will on the opposition.

Mainly, this wasn't a performance that gives any indication to us fans that things are going to be different this year. That isn't to say that they can't be or won't be, but so far, it sure doesn't look like things have changed.

by HurtRam
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

This post has not been updated for a year, but I wanted to mention that for Jeff Fisher teams, the preseason has been an indicator of a good season. Here are the preseason and regular season records for Jeff Fisher teams since 2006:
Year Pre Reg Team Notes
2006 1-3 8-8 Tenn.
2007 3-1 10-6 Tenn. Lost in Wild Card
2008 3-1 13-3 Tenn. Lost Div Playoff
2009 3-2 8-8 Tenn.
2010 2-2 6-10 Tenn.
2012 2-2 7-8-1 StL
2013 1-3 7-9 StL
2014 1-3 6-10 Stl
2015 0-4 7-9 Stl
2016 1-0 TBD LA

Thus, maybe a 3-1 preseason would be a good sign, but of course, it is not determinative or even a good indicator for most other teams.
Go Rams!

by dieterbrock
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Lol
I was wondering how I posted on August 17!!

Yeah w/l record is meaningless
Take our game Saturday night, Dallas comes away feeling that they won while it felt more like a loss to Rams fans

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

People said the offense looked bad in camp last year in STL.

I went to camp in Oxnard and they looked bad.

They looked bad in preseason.

Then in the regular season they were the worst in all of football.

by moklerman
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

BuiltRamTough wrote:People said the offense looked bad in camp last year in STL.

No, no, no. You don't understand. Fisher has been playing vanilla for 4+ years and is just waiting to spring the super secret double probation offense on an unsuspecting rest of the league. We've got 'em right where we want 'em.

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 9 months ago
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:
BuiltRamTough wrote:People said the offense looked bad in camp last year in STL.

No, no, no. You don't understand. Fisher has been playing vanilla for 4+ years and is just waiting to spring the super secret double probation offense on an unsuspecting rest of the league. We've got 'em right where we want 'em.

I hope you're right.

by dieterbrock
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Except they weren't bad at the beginning of the year when they scored 34 against Seattle

by max
7 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

You can see things in these games if you know what to look for.

The 4th PS game is totally worthless now in terms of any indications of how good your team is. They rest anyone who they value.

The 2nd and 3rd games are usually the best games to see what really up with your team.

The 1st game not so much, you just look for glaring issues like last year when the offense looked so bad.

Really looking forward to this next game. The last PS game in LA against a good defense and running game. Nice test.

by BuiltRamTough
7 years 9 months ago
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:

Except they weren't bad at the beginning of the year when they scored 34 against Seattle

I think that game and the 1st Cardinals game was a fluke. Foles looked awesome in those games. I don't know what happened to him man it was so weird.

It's like midnight struck and he turned back into a pumpkin.

• 2 / 3
26 posts Jun 16 2024